IGNORED

Naismith

stroudy

The striker spent a couple of days on trial at English Premier League outfit Arsenal last season and he would not rule out a move to England.

"I'm quite a homely guy and, to be honest, I don't think the time is right," said Naismith.

"I've only been playing professional football in the SPL for two seasons. It's hardly a lot of experience.

"England is one of the best leagues in the world and one of the hardest, so I would definitely consider it in the future."

Sounds unlikely now to me!

On BBC TEXT saying that he doesn't want a move to any club including rangers or Celtic that is unwilling to guarantee him first team football!!! Maybe we're still in with a shout of getting him!

SL and GJ hope your on the case if there is still a chance

The striker spent a couple of days on trial at English Premier League outfit Arsenal last season and he would not rule out a move to England.

"I'm quite a homely guy and, to be honest, I don't think the time is right," said Naismith.

"I've only been playing professional football in the SPL for two seasons. It's hardly a lot of experience.

"England is one of the best leagues in the world and one of the hardest, so I would definitely consider it in the future."

Sounds unlikely now to me!

Personally, as it is in any line of business, money talks!

Offer this lad a contract which is to good to turn down and he will be here in a shot! Look at James Hayter, he didnt want to leave Bournemouth for us as he didnt want to "uproot"......next thing we know he's packed his bags and is in Doncaster!!

The reason we wont get him is because we were never in the hunt for him in the first place! all the bo**ocks about the £1.7m bid etc, was all about helping to shift season tickets. As soon as the deadline passes, its all quiet on that front, and suddenly were back down to the less exciting bids of £250,000

Few clubs can afford to sign a youngster up on a 2 year contract for the sort of money Naismith is likely to cost. When his contract ends he can walk for virtually nothing as we wouldn't have been the 'training club' as Nibor keeps reminding people. If we are to spend that sort of money on a player of that age then we have to be sure he is going to attract attention in the future and therefore a sizable profit and sign on a much longer contract. If he isn't quite as good as we hoped and doesn't improve any (or worse can't cut it at Championship level) then we are goosed as he picks up a decent salary week on week.

On BBC TEXT saying that he doesn't want a move to any club including rangers or Celtic that is unwilling to guarantee him first team football!!! Maybe we're still in with a shout of getting him!

Didn't he also say he wanted to stay in Scotland? If so, then I am guessing that rules us out.

Few clubs can afford to sign a youngster up on a 2 year contract for the sort of money Naismith is likely to cost. When his contract ends he can walk for virtually nothing as we wouldn't have been the 'training club' as Nibor keeps reminding people. If we are to spend that sort of money on a player of that age then we have to be sure he is going to attract attention in the future and therefore a sizable profit and sign on a much longer contract. If he isn't quite as good as we hoped and doesn't improve any (or worse can't cut it at Championship level) then we are goosed as he picks up a decent salary week on week.

Firstly, if we signed him for a seven-figure fee and put him on a two year contract, that would be lunacy. For someone of his age and obvious potential, you'd be looking at three years minimum to protect the investment.

It's a massive gamble but I reckon he'd prove a good investment for the future. Any expenditure would be enhanced by 10-15 goals in the Championship on debut season. Freddy Eastwood is a good example of this. He hardly set the Championship on fire last season but scored a reasonable amount of goals to suggest he'll get better at that level or higher to have other managers bidding for him.

If we did somehow manage to sign him, which admittedly is very unlikely now, two season's totalling 30-35 league goals would represent a sizeable transfer tag for any potential suitors IMO.

Archived