IGNORED

John Ward

Robbored

It will be interesting to see how Ward does at Cheltenham.He has a decent managers record in the lower leagues and I reckon he'll do well despite his limitations.

The first thing he'll do is ingratiate himself with the fans by visiting the Supporters Clubs and chatting to the fans around the ground.He'll become as popular there as he became at City.With the fans on your side early results won`t be looked at so critically if they aren`t good.

I have a soft spot for Cheltenham Town and I wish them and Ward well.

I'm just very diappointed to see such a managerial talent wasted.

He was on the edge of something big at City and that Davidson went on and brought in a swede called Benny!

I feel that if John Ward had stayed we would now be playing towards the play offs of the 1ST DIVISION if not already in the dizzy heights of the Premier League.

After all- Take one look at Pompey. We went up there and beat em and look at us both now.

They are mid table in the PREMIER-

We are mid table in the SECOND.

I'm just very diappointed to see such a managerial talent wasted.

He was on the edge of something big at City and that Davidson went on and brought in a swede called Benny!

I feel that if John Ward had stayed we would now be playing towards the play offs of the 1ST DIVISION if not already in the dizzy heights of the Premier League.

After all- Take one look at Pompey. We went up there and beat em and look at us both now.

They are mid table in the PREMIER-

We are mid table in the SECOND.

Mr Ward did say himself he was out of ideas of what to do next as we were struggling in Div 1, that is why an advisor i.e Mr Lennartson was brought in, Ward didnt like this so off he went!!!

And off we went to Division Two.

I hope Ward does well because it pains me when I see fans critising him because he went clueless in Division 1, which I didn't think he did. He did a fantastic job for us and to be honest, I'd have him back now.

Your right, he was a decent manager, i liked the football we played under him. Facts are facts though, 1 million wasted on Thorpe did not help Wards cause and wasnt his fault but he couldnt manage the team in Div 1, something he admited to. Maybe his experience in the higher leagues has helped and now he is maybe better suited to the higher divisions.

Good luck to him, I'm sure he will do very well for Cheltenham.

But I think John Ward didn't actually sign Thorpe and it was Scott D.

Thorpe had a shortlist of Soren Anderson, Akinbyi and Thorpe, then Scotty signed them all when Wardy was on holiday and Ward only wanted one or two of them, not all!

Yep that's pretty much what happened. I remember we signed Anderson and Akinbiyi, so Ward went of on holiday thinking all was OK, and then Scott Davidson decided to offer Kevin Keegan a million quid for Thorpe! I can just imagine how the phone conversation went.

*Keegan about to rip up Thorpe's contract*

*phone ring######

Keegan:Hello?

Davidson: Hi, this is Scott Davidson, Bristol City Chairman. Is it right that you've got this bloke called Tony Thorpe?

Keegan: Err... yeah.. what about him?

Davidson: I'll give you a milion quid for him.

Keegan: DONE DEAL MATE!

Davidson: Cheers.

*puts phone down*

Keegan: Haha, suckers.

It was probably something like that. I actually remember reading in the paper that it pretty much was just a case of Davidson phoning Keegan, made an offer and it was done.

But I think John Ward didn't actually sign Thorpe and it was Scott D.

Thorpe had a shortlist of Soren Anderson, Akinbyi and Thorpe, then Scotty signed them all when Wardy was on holiday and Ward only wanted one or two of them, not all!

Thats what i said, it wasnt his fault, just maybe if he had that extra million to spend we would have hung around in Div 1 for a while growing stronger and by now could of even been in/challenging for the Prem.

Just goes to show how this forum works.

The original thread was simply saying about JW and CTFC.Within two post we're subject to a history debate!

Oops!

Yeh saw Ward on BBC tonight, hasnt changed a bit.

I think they could creep the playoffs once he gets the going.

Guest black golf

seeing as we let a few players out on loan to cheltenham in the past

do you think they could let us have john ward on loan till the end of season

Archived