IGNORED

Season Ticket Solution

Stedge

I've just been looking at the fixtures for next season and can see about 12 games I really want to see at AG, 1 of them is already on SKY and I would expect at least 2 more to be shown live.

Also with family commitments/holidays I may miss another 1/2.

So on that basis I may only need to pay for 7/8 games x 23 quid(cheap seats) = 184 quid max.

Now thats what I call a saving!

Think about it, do you really want to watch S****horpe/Blackpool and the like.

I've just been looking at the fixtures for next season and can see about 12 games I really want to see at AG, 1 of them is already on SKY and I would expect at least 2 more to be shown live.

So on that basis I may only need to pay for 7/8 games x 23 quid(cheap seats) = 184 quid max.

What a fantastic idea :noexpression:

No I want to watch City beating them....its about giving to the club...turning up...cheering the boys on....not thinking 'hold on

I could save a few quid here and there'.

I understand people cant always afford season tickets - I've been in that position loads of times.....christ it was a struggles to get the

money this year but don't you think it'll be worth it ??

exactly the attitude and reason why this club is struggling to keep up with the lesser teams in smaller cities, the support that city generates in such a massive footballing catchment area is at best pathetic, i am fed up with all the kids running round in their man utd, chelsea and liverpool shirts, if your kids were born in this city buy them a Bristol City kit anything else and their parents deserve to be deported and the children put into a home until a responsible foster parent can be found.

yours midland red.

exactly the attitude and reason why this club is struggling to keep up with the lesser teams in smaller cities, the support that city generates in such a massive footballing catchment area is at best pathetic, i am fed up with all the kids running round in their man utd, chelsea and liverpool shirts, if your kids were born in this city buy them a Bristol City kit anything else and their parents deserve to be deported and the children put into a home until a responsible foster parent can be found.
Precisely! And that is why we should be careful of setting prices too high. I totally agree with the OP, £23 PLUS booking fees and £5 of petrol, so nearly £30 to watch City v S****horpe. Not good value!

Barring a stunning season, just wait until the Winter, once the novelty has worn off.

:city: I go to the gate to watch Bristol City never mind the opposition,whether its Man Utd or Forest Green I like to see how City play against them.

That is the reason that I buy a season ticket and the reason that I buy tickets to the Yeovil and Bournemouth friendlies,its to follow and support my team Bristol City. Thats what being a fan is all about.

I think he was making a good point actually, there are many fans who cant commit to a season ticket for all sorts of reasons, up and down the country their are casual fans who only go along when the bigger clubs are in town, missing the less attractive home games and even going along to the more attractive away games, its just a part of being a football fan and it always has been.

Man Utd have them Boston Utd have them, big deal, at least hes going when he can afford it or wants to, City would be worse off if he never went at all. Maybe next season he will get himself a seaon ticket if he has less family commitments?

Thought i'd leave it a while to see the predictable responses.

Congratulations to all of you Superfans who can afford to watch and can make every game, I CANT.

I'll pick and choose my games as will many others next season, £28 POTD where I used to sit has priced me out of going to as many games as I would like so bring on Charlton, Watford, WBA.....

And you can stick your S****horpes up your Arse. :winner_third_h4h:

Congratulations to all of you Superfans who can afford to watch and can make every game, I CANT.

I'll pick and choose my games as will many others next season, £28 POTD where I used to sit has priced me out of going to as many games as I would like so bring on Charlton, Watford, WBA.....

I'm not telling you what to do or what you can afford but the the thing that puzzles me is this (as I said, not a dig at you personally):-

If my preferred seat in the Williams or Dolman cost £28 and I wanted to go to football but felt £28 was too much to pay, I would buy a cheaper seat if I could afford it for £23 in the Ateyo. Why do people who support City decide not to go just because their PREFERRED seat is too expensive. Every 6 games you would effectively be getting one game free in the cheaper seats compared to the top whack prices. Is this the kind of reasoning that sees other parts of the country label us as a "non passionate" football area?

Unfortunately pick and choose is exactly what i will have to do, as i simply wont be able to afford each game, i've spent over £400 on my 3 kids seasons tickets add on over £100 more for the new shirts for them when they arrive, so it will be radio bris' for me, perhaps megansdad can throw me a few pound being as a 33% rise in season tickets is so fair in his eyes, i wonder if he is in support of our poor posties who are going on strike when they refused a meagre 2% pay rise

I'm not telling you what to do or what you can afford but the the thing that puzzles me is this (as I said, not a dig at you personally):-

If my preferred seat in the Williams or Dolman cost £28 and I wanted to go to football but felt £28 was too much to pay, I would buy a cheaper seat if I could afford it for £23 in the Ateyo. Why do people who support City decide not to go just because their PREFERRED seat is too expensive. Every 6 games you would effectively be getting one game free in the cheaper seats compared to the top whack prices. Is this the kind of reasoning that sees other parts of the country label us as a "non passionate" football area?

If you read my original post you would see that I'm already prepared to compromise by going in atyeo/wedlocks but i'm not prepared to sit in a seat with a shit view and watch shit opposition.

Unfortunately pick and choose is exactly what i will have to do, as i simply wont be able to afford each game, i've spent over £400 on my 3 kids seasons tickets add on over £100 more for the new shirts for them when they arrive, so it will be radio bris' for me, perhaps megansdad can throw me a few pound being as a 33% rise in season tickets is so fair in his eyes, i wonder if he is in support of our poor posties who are going on strike when they refused a meagre 2% pay rise

I'm certainly not telling you how to spend your money but personally, if money was tight, my kids would have been MINUS three new football shirts at £100 and spending more time WITH their old man at four more City matches.

If you read my original post you would see that I'm already prepared to compromise by going in atyeo/wedlocks but i'm not prepared to sit in a seat with a shit view and watch shit opposition.

Sorry, I didn't see that. I do agree, though, that if I could only afford to go to, say, half a dozen games this season then I would be looking at bigger matches such as Charlton, WBA, Wolves, Saints, Sheffield Wednesday and one other.

Well I'll be there for them all like I always am, even mickey mouse cup games because I'm a supporter. And be for you start I don't earn a fortune I struggle like everyone else to pay the morgage and bills but I'm no BIG GAME FAN, wish people like you could get down there more often because of people like you this club has and will always struggle.

Can I just ask, if season tickets were £10000 would you still buy one next season?

Was that directed at me? If so, of course not. Like everybody I have a limit of what I can afford and if the club exceeded that limit then I would pick and choose games within my budget. Unfortunately £10,000 is not that limit!!

Well I'll be there for them all like I always am, even mickey mouse cup games because I'm a supporter. And be for you start I don't earn a fortune I struggle like everyone else to pay the morgage and bills but I'm no BIG GAME FAN, wish people like you could get down there more often because of people like you this club has and will always struggle.

You could also say because of people like me this club stays afloat.

Yes i do, imagine ashton gate with just away fans because were playing these.

that would do wonders for the players morale

i can understand about family arrangements and work commitments but because were playing a lesser side doesn't mean you don't turn up.

Supporting City is not just a hobby - its a second job to me!

Was that directed at me? If so, of course not. Like everybody I have a limit of what I can afford and if the club exceeded that limit then I would pick and choose games within my budget. Unfortunately £10,000 is not that limit!!

Exactly. This season the club has exceeded my limit so thats why I'm choosing the games I want to see.

I just get pissed off when people think they are some kind of God because they can afford to go every week.

Stedge76, I think the reason for you getting such a fierce reaction is probably because of the wording of your original post. By saying, 'think about it, do you really want to watch S****horpe?' then in my opinion you are asking for this type of reaction. If you had said though that you couldnt attend the S****horpe match for example because of financial reasons then you would not have got this response.

Exactly. This season the club has exceeded my limit so thats why I'm choosing the games I want to see.

I just get pissed off when people think they are some kind of God because they can afford to go every week.

To be fair I think one or two people may have just mis-interpreted your original post as that of someone who could afford to go but just couldn't be bothered for the games against the less fashionable clubs. But as you say, all support is good.

Precisely! And that is why we should be careful of setting prices too high. I totally agree with the OP, £23 PLUS booking fees and £5 of petrol, so nearly £30 to watch City v S****horpe. Not good value!

Barring a stunning season, just wait until the Winter, once the novelty has worn off.

Stick another fiver on that for petrol add on 2 kids and you have my price :ranting: . Looks like i will watch the least amount of City games in 30 years :ranting::ranting:

Yes , i am f;n annoyed :ranting:.

Where were YOU in 82 Sexton?

Archived