IGNORED

Season Ticket Solution

Stedge

Stedge76, I think the reason for you getting such a fierce reaction is probably because of the wording of your original post. By saying, 'think about it, do you really want to watch S****horpe?' then in my opinion you are asking for this type of reaction. If you had said though that you couldnt attend the S****horpe match for example because of financial reasons then you would not have got this response.

The point I was trying to make was if all I can afford is 10 games a season S****horpe is'nt going to be top of the list.

The point I was trying to make was if all I can afford is 10 games a season S****horpe is'nt going to be top of the list.

Fair enough no-one can argue with you about that.

Incedently I was up the Mall earlier, 5 different kids wearing Liverpool shirts, not one wearing a city shirt. Shame really that. Not really anything wrong with that just a shame that there arnt more supporting there local team.

Fair enough no-one can argue with you about that.

Incedently I was up the Mall earlier, 5 different kids wearing Liverpool shirts, not one wearing a city shirt. Shame really that. Not really anything wrong with that just a shame that there arnt more supporting there local team.

Perhaps there like my kids, they cant afford it NOW.

Stick another fiver on that for petrol add on 2 kids and you have my price :ranting: . Looks like i will watch the lest amount of City games in 30 years :ranting::ranting:

Yes , i am f;n annoyed :ranting:

Thats why i'm so f'kin angry.

Wait all these years to get promotion and when you get there your priced out.

As has been said before in other threads, just wait if the worst happens next year watch the crowds dwindle after xmas and then Mr Landsdown will be wondering why we've only sold 6000 season tickets.

Then they'll want you and your 2 kids back down the gate.

Perhaps there like my kids, they cant afford it NOW.

Which is anouther problem with football these days. Why is it so expensive? The prices are nothing short of perthetic and really something has to be done about it, but nothing will until the day comes when only the very rich can afford to go to football. We are only customers now to the clubs, Portland Bill, you've been going for 30 odd years aint you (I'm sure I read that in one of your posts earlier) and now you carnt afford to go. That is not right nor fair and as I say something has to be done about it. As long as the club get 10,000+ season ticket holders though then it wont change.

Anouther example is ST holders now having to pay for friendlys. This diddnt happen last year so why is it happening this year?

I'm certainly not telling you how to spend your money but personally, if money was tight, my kids would have been MINUS three new football shirts at £100 and spending more time WITH their old man at four more City matches.

They would happilly go without their shirts but a new shirt i had every season when i was a lad and a new one they have always had and its my decision to have it that way, of course if i wanted to i could find that extra 33% from somewhere but a lot of it comes down to the fact that i still feel so angry and agrieved at the vicous price rise for STs when supporters like me have stuck with them for so long watching all sorts of rubbish and dross (7-1 defeats at swansea & Northampton were particular low points) maybe its because i,m older, grumpier and have less tolerance i don't know but i certainly feel let down by the club of whom i love more than anything else in the world bar family, who i have followed to all corners of the country to many grounds that don't even exist anymore,city red blood runs through my family ever since my late grand-dad 1st watched Bristol South End at St. Johns Lane and city red blood will always run through the family, the decision not to renew my ST has been and is painful but is more out of principal than stubborness, please don't judge me as a part-time or dis-loyal fan because i am anything but that.

They would happilly go without their shirts but a new shirt i had every season when i was a lad and a new one they have always had and its my decision to have it that way, of course if i wanted to i could find that extra 33% from somewhere but a lot of it comes down to the fact that i still feel so angry and agrieved at the vicous price rise for STs when supporters like me have stuck with them for so long watching all sorts of rubbish and dross (7-1 defeats at swansea & Northampton were particular low points) maybe its because i,m older, grumpier and have less tolerance i don't know but i certainly feel let down by the club of whom i love more than anything else in the world bar family, who i have followed to all corners of the country to many grounds that don't even exist anymore,city red blood runs through my family ever since my late grand-dad 1st watched Bristol South End at St. Johns Lane and city red blood will always run through the family, the decision not to renew my ST has been and is painful but is more out of principal than stubborness, please don't judge me as a part-time or dis-loyal fan because i am anything but that.

I don't think anyone would even consider you a part-time supporter after a post like that mate.

Thats why i'm so f'kin angry.

Wait all these years to get promotion and when you get there your priced out.

As has been said before in other threads, just wait if the worst happens next year watch the crowds dwindle after xmas and then Mr Landsdown will be wondering why we've only sold 6000 season tickets.

Then they'll want you and your 2 kids back down the gate.

You have it spot on mate, as i have said time and time again......Why have fans for the future games and then price out those very fans they are trying to encourage?.

When i saw the POD prices today i didnt know whether to laugh or cry :igiveup: .

I now see the way the premiership has gone, they wont be happy untill theres 20.000 at the Gate wearing suits and sitting in silence, it really makes my blood boil. :gaah:

Well I'll be there for them all like I always am, even mickey mouse cup games because I'm a supporter. And be for you start I don't earn a fortune I struggle like everyone else to pay the morgage and bills but I'm no BIG GAME FAN, wish people like you could get down there more often because of people like you this club has and will always struggle.

A touch Taliban-esque?

I'm not judging you as a part timer or disloyal (I'll leave that to certain other wind up merchants on here). You have still paid your £500 in total to BCFC - I would have just done it differently myself but can appreciate your frustration.

Precisely! And that is why we should be careful of setting prices too high. I totally agree with the OP, £23 PLUS booking fees and £5 of petrol, so nearly £30 to watch City v S****horpe. Not good value!

Barring a stunning season, just wait until the Winter, once the novelty has worn off.

Blah blah blah blah. Its getting boring. Personally the `novelty` of watching City will never wear off. It`s MY club.

PDG

Unfortunately pick and choose is exactly what i will have to do, as i simply wont be able to afford each game, i've spent over £400 on my 3 kids seasons tickets add on over £100 more for the new shirts for them when they arrive, so it will be radio bris' for me, perhaps megansdad can throw me a few pound being as a 33% rise in season tickets is so fair in his eyes, i wonder if he is in support of our poor posties who are going on strike when they refused a meagre 2% pay rise

as you say in a later thread you could find the money if you wished but you have chosen not to -Your choice not sure how old your kids are or whether they recieve pocket money but I know what I would be doing faced with similar choices. Given they will equally, based on your later comments, have shirts already new ones would not be my priority.

At the same time don't know how you calibrate fair - I don't know if the ST rises are fair I do though think them reasonable GIVEN THE HIGHER LEAGUE WE WILL BE PLAYING IN AND THE HIGHER COSTS THAT WILL BRING ON THE CLUB.

Wages in football generally have not been set by Sexstone

I've just been looking at the fixtures for next season and can see about 12 games I really want to see at AG, 1 of them is already on SKY and I would expect at least 2 more to be shown live.

Also with family commitments/holidays I may miss another 1/2.

So on that basis I may only need to pay for 7/8 games x 23 quid(cheap seats) = 184 quid max.

Now thats what I call a saving!

Think about it, do you really want to watch S****horpe/Blackpool and the like.

Can you tell me which games we are going to win, as I don't want to waste money on seeing us lose, also it would be good to know of our possible finishing position as I don't think I want to bother going unless we at least reach the play offs.

Thanks in advance, signed loyal (part time) supporter, who only watches if we are doing well. :innocent06:

I know you've already replied to any criticism by saying you meant it as a complaint about being priced out but I'd still like to make a few points that might make you understand why people are getting upsset with this.

I've just been looking at the fixtures for next season and can see about 12 games I really want to see at AG, 1 of them is already on SKY and I would expect at least 2 more to be shown live.

By all means watch the Sky games as a way of saving if you're having to pick and choose. But what you state is that there are 12 games you want to see above all others. Surely there should be 23 games you really want to see. The opposition are irrelevant at this stage of the season.

Some family commitments you can't get out of. But booking holidays when we have home games just makes no sense to me whatsoever. It's like booking your wedding on FA Cup Final day. It's just not done.

So on that basis I may only need to pay for 7/8 games x 23 quid(cheap seats) = 184 quid max.

A saving over what? You're still paying 23 quid a game as opposed to 16 (roughly) for ST holders

No, I want to watch City, regardless of the opposition

If you read my original post you would see that I'm already prepared to compromise by going in atyeo/wedlocks but i'm not prepared to sit in a seat with a shit view and watch shit opposition.

S****horpe aren't that shit....they finished above us last year.... :surrender:

Fair play to you....well put. A bit of passion like this is what a lot more could do with....!

as you say in a later thread you could find the money if you wished but you have chosen not to -Your choice not sure how old your kids are or whether they recieve pocket money but I know what I would be doing faced with similar choices. Given they will equally, based on your later comments, have shirts already new ones would not be my priority.

At the same time don't know how you calibrate fair - I don't know if the ST rises are fair I do though think them reasonable GIVEN THE HIGHER LEAGUE WE WILL BE PLAYING IN AND THE HIGHER COSTS THAT WILL BRING ON THE CLUB.

Wages in football generally have not been set by Sexstone

There are many on here who have kids and have stated they just cannot afford to go next year as a family that is a fact, and the kids are our supporters of tomorrow and it is at the times like this when the club are on a high that we need to get them hooked. living and working in south bristol as i do the euphoria after promotion was massive but now after speaking to so many casual supporters who were interested in season tickets for them and their kids they just will not pay the sky high prices that the club are now asking, its all very well you keep going on about nearly 10000 STs sold (how near we don't know) but surely that is, in my eyes the very least we should sell and in my opinion if the increase would of been 15%-20% there would not of been too many complaints and at least another 2-3000 STs sold. I am sure that once the novelty of the championship wears off we will see the foolishness of it all, after all, if as a dad you decided one saturday morning you fancied taking your 6 year old kid down to AG for the 1st time who in their right mind would pay from £12 in the Atyeo up to an outrageous £21 in the upper Dolman, for a 6 year old. I appreciate that we are playing at a higher level which brings higher costs and expected a large increase in tickets but i have not personally spoken to anyone who thinks that this increase is fair and is in fact obscene but i suppose it just follows the course of most businesses who are only to keen to rip off and exploit their customers at every given opportunity. This short-sightedness from the club will i believe come back to haunt them because they need potd supporters as much as season ticket holders and i just cannot see there being too many potd fans in the future at these prices, the second home game of the season against Scunny should tell us an awful lot!

My friend is a Man United Season ticket holder - in fact he has 3 of them for his dad and brother.

This year he went to renew, the price has gone up to £1000 per seat. He was kind of expecting that, but when going to renew found that he also had to commit to ALL home cup games as well (league, FAC, early round Euros etc ), is looking at £4500 to renew 3 seats. He knows if he doesn't pay it there is a queue of another 40 people all willing to take his place, so he has no real choice or never get one again.

You think we have uproar about going to £400 - the Man U fans have gone crazy and are calling for the glazers head again.

But imagine that as a business - 75000 seats all presold for the whole of the season = £112million of income before a ball is kicked....

My friend is a Man United Season ticket holder - in fact he has 3 of them for his dad and brother.

This year he went to renew, the price has gone up to £1000 per seat. He was kind of expecting that, but when going to renew found that he also had to commit to ALL home cup games as well (league, FAC, early round Euros etc ), is looking at £4500 to renew 3 seats. He knows if he doesn't pay it there is a queue of another 40 people all willing to take his place, so he has no real choice or never get one again.

You think we have uproar about going to £400 - the Man U fans have gone crazy and are calling for the glazers head again.

But imagine that as a business - 75000 seats all presold for the whole of the season = £112million of income before a ball is kicked....

Exactly why this is different, there isnt a queue of 40 others willing to take the offer up, any loss of support for our club can, and will be damaging.

To some people (clearly a few on here) BCFC may be your life, to others it might be something to do when your missus goes shopping on a Saturday.

The price increases this year has turned me from being a prospective ST holder to now just a casual floating supporter who will go when I can.

If ST had gone up by 400 quid there would still be a hardcore who would of bought them, I'm sorry but I'm just not that staunch a supporter.

And in response to an earlier question it's a fact of life that if we are playing Chelsea we will sell out( here come the floating fans) play Bath City in a friendly and it's a case of where did everybody go.

SO PLEASE DON'T TELL ME EVERYBODY TURNS UP JUST TO WATCH CITY!

Now where did I put those red tinted blinkers.

There are many on here who have kids and have stated they just cannot afford to go next year as a family that is a fact, and the kids are our supporters of tomorrow and it is at the times like this when the club are on a high that we need to get them hooked. living and working in south bristol as i do the euphoria after promotion was massive but now after speaking to so many casual supporters who were interested in season tickets for them and their kids they just will not pay the sky high prices that the club are now asking, its all very well you keep going on about nearly 10000 STs sold (how near we don't know) but surely that is, in my eyes the very least we should sell and in my opinion if the increase would of been 15%-20% there would not of been too many complaints and at least another 2-3000 STs sold. I am sure that once the novelty of the championship wears off we will see the foolishness of it all, after all, if as a dad you decided one saturday morning you fancied taking your 6 year old kid down to AG for the 1st time who in their right mind would pay from £12 in the Atyeo up to an outrageous £21 in the upper Dolman, for a 6 year old. I appreciate that we are playing at a higher level which brings higher costs and expected a large increase in tickets but i have not personally spoken to anyone who thinks that this increase is fair and is in fact obscene but i suppose it just follows the course of most businesses who are only to keen to rip off and exploit their customers at every given opportunity. This short-sightedness from the club will i believe come back to haunt them because they need potd supporters as much as season ticket holders and i just cannot see there being too many potd fans in the future at these prices, the second home game of the season against Scunny should tell us an awful lot!

There are equally many more who can and will and their kids are similarly the fans of tomorrow. When I am back in the UK my son and I will attend we will live near Reading but we will be at Ashton Gate and if Megan and her sister show the slightest interest so will they. You see it as being ripped off I see it as the club trying to get on an even keel and not relying on the support of one man- that I do not believe is short sighted. That is what may enable us to actually be competitive in this Division. 10,000 STs will be sold at these allegedly rip off prices over 30% more than were sold last season = that is progress in my view and makes us more likely to be a successful club. We can argue til the end of the earth about what might have been but the facts are we have substantially more STs sold and more revenue which will help support increased investment in playing assets. We have signed Sproule who seems an exciting addition and I expect there will be further additions-ST sales are set to rise when these are announced.

There are equally many more who can and will and their kids are similarly the fans of tomorrow. When I am back in the UK my son and I will attend we will live near Reading but we will be at Ashton Gate and if Megan and her sister show the slightest interest so will they. You see it as being ripped off I see it as the club trying to get on an even keel and not relying on the support of one man- that I do not believe is short sighted. That is what may enable us to actually be competitive in this Division. 10,000 STs will be sold at these allegedly rip off prices over 30% more than were sold last season = that is progress in my view and makes us more likely to be a successful club. We can argue til the end of the earth about what might have been but the facts are we have substantially more STs sold and more revenue which will help support increased investment in playing assets. We have signed Sproule who seems an exciting addition and I expect there will be further additions-ST sales are set to rise when these are announced.

Obviously you don't know your maths IF they sell 10000 that is not over 30% of last years 8200 it is more like 22% and i've never known any teams ST sales go down after promotion, it would be a pretty shambolic state of affairs if their wasn't a rise in ST sales, as you say we can argue all day but it does not take away the fact that many many people feel so agrieved, i really cannot see why you cannot accept that.

You see it as being ripped off I see it as the club trying to get on an even keel and not relying on the support of one man- that I do not believe is short sighted.

I'm sympathetic to this point, and have always found the Sexstone-bashing extremely dull. But it seems to me that if season tickets had gone up by less more people would have bought them and the club would have both got more money AND more fans who spend money in the club shop.

The fact that they're already trying to sell tickets for the first two home games smacks of desperation (is there a thread on this? What happens if they sell tickets and then a week later someone buys a season ticket for that seat?). I also think charging season ticket holders for friendlies against lower-league teams is just rude, and means I doubt I'll bother going. A tenner should be your standard charge for a low-level friendly in my book.

Obviously you don't know your maths IF they sell 10000 that is not over 30% of last years 8200 it is more like 22% and i've never known any teams ST sales go down after promotion, it would be a pretty shambolic state of affairs if their wasn't a rise in ST sales, as you say we can argue all day but it does not take away the fact that many many people feel so agrieved, i really cannot see why you cannot accept that.

I personally don't see Johnson making a "big name" signing that will get more season tockets sold. Unless loads of season ticket holders go to the friendlies for free and watch the new signings tear teams apart. But that's less likely because there are less season ticket holders and they have to pay to go...

:fish:

People feel aggrieved accept. How many not sure. I was working of 7,500 STs last year whcih was what I thought the number was.

Yes... but the MAJORITY are just glory hunting people who wont support there local team.....

Archived