IGNORED

Evil Cheating City Scum

Redhyde

Thinking back to some of the teams who we've played over recent years like Millwall, Wycombe and Forest they always seem to produce teams who timewaste, feign injury and generally cheat in order to gain any advantage they can but I don't remember us really doing the same.

Even the little things like stealing throw in yards and taking corners out of the segment it's really rare to see us do.

Apart from the occasional keeping the ball in the corners and Lita rolling over i haven't seen too much unsporting play or cheating from city in the 15 years i've been going. Why is that? Or am I just having selective memory?

Would you like to see us cheat more/are we too nice?

Be good to hear the historical accounts of City's cheating or lack thereof too.

Thinking back to some of the teams who we've played over recent years like Millwall, Wycombe and Forest they always seem to produce teams who timewaste, feign injury and generally cheat in order to gain any advantage they can but I don't remember us really doing the same.

Even the little things like stealing throw in yards and taking corners out of the segment it's really rare to see us do.

Apart from the occasional keeping the ball in the corners and Lita rolling over i haven't seen too much unsporting play or cheating from city in the 15 years i've been going. Why is that? Or am I just having selective memory?

i can only assume you watch a lot more home games than away games - we do our fair share of timewasting.

seem to remember a game from years ago when we had two decent (as in very decent) penalty shouts against middlesboro before they went up the other end and scored to make it 2-1 if i remember rightly, anyone there?

I think City would have easily taken the title of "Kings of the Time wasters" along with Coventry for that infamous game back in the 70's!

10-15 minutes of totally blatent timewasting.......Glorious!!

I think it's selective memory to be honest. Don't know about anyone else but if I'm asked about how the opposition played against City I can never recall in the same detail I can about City. Even if the other team is attacking I'm too busy looking at what our defender's are up to to take much notice.

Much depends on the manager at the time.Some City teams have no doubt gone out under instructions to time waste, fall over a lot and generally slow down the game.

The bottom line is that all teams do it at some stage and anyone who thinks that City are whiter than white must be wearing rose tinted specatcales.

I can think of Tranmere away - live on tv a couple of seasons ago with Tins in charge - we did a lot and I mean a lot of time wasting tactics there (we won for the fist time in many many years I think) and I seem to remember Fontaine (of all players) heading for the corner stick with a few minutes to go with us being up by a goal this year and the crowd jeering out of shock that we would do such a thing and GJ responding in a post match interview that Fontaine did what he thought was the right thing to do and he wouldn't be critised but rather would be educated into the City's mentallity.

It's down to managers and GJ likes to play attacking football even with a goal lead he'll rather invite pressure and hit them on the counter attack rather than do the silly time wasting stuff that other clubs used to do. Danny Wilson had the same type of mentality too and going further back I cant remember a time where we would head to a corner flag to waste time - but as someone has said I might have selective memory on this.

The reason we don't head for the corner flag to waste time is that we are so consistently useless at doing it! It's always amazed me how teams like Watford and Charlton can happily have spend the last 4 minutes of games against us with someone stood on the ball at the corner flag. We try it and give away a free kick or throw in within seconds.

The reason we don't head for the corner flag to waste time is that we are so consistently useless at doing it! It's always amazed me how teams like Watford and Charlton can happily have spend the last 4 minutes of games against us with someone stood on the ball at the corner flag. We try it and give away a free kick or throw in within seconds.

Absolutely true.

Well. I can remember Gerry Gow chasing that little Leeds bugger Bryan Flynn round the touchline before planting a head butt on him, which is apparently against the spirit of the game..

and as for that Bas Savage dive...well what can one say...

Do you remember one of the Fashanu brothers (can't recall which one) butting David Rodgers as City were forming a wall to defend a free kick? Think he bust his nose.

Do you remember one of the Fashanu brothers (can't recall which one) butting David Rodgers as City were forming a wall to defend a free kick? Think he bust his nose.

Must have been John as Justin would have given him a big tongue filled kiss !!

Think it was Justin..........but he didn't feel a thing !! :laugh:

Yeah, it was Justin F, playing for Norwich, April 1980. We lost Lost 3-2 at home and that just about saw us down from Div 1. David Rogers walked off at about 80 minutes like a man (though he looked like he'd done 5 rounds with Joe Bugner!!). Fashanu, on the other hand, skulked off looking like he felt a bit hard done by..........Just wondering what David might have just said to him at the free kick. Might have touched a raw nerve perhaps? I know the usual banter by a player about an opponents wife occasionally gets a bit of a response, but surely not in this case!!!!

I seem to remember us trying to get the ball into the corner at a home game with about 5 minutes of NORMAL time left at 1-0 up. The crowd were pi55ed off so much i heard a few boos. Johnson went on to apologise to the fans by insisting he had nothing to do with it!

Archived