IGNORED

Poor Away Support?

Percy Parrot

very disappointed by the numbers of tickets sold so far for the two up coming away games-

Bradford I can understand. Massive distance, Sunday morning, uninspiring town and a club that doesn't quite have the cuteness of Heybridge Swifts. 337 gone so far. Hopefully 500 by Sunday. Not TOO bad.

But Brighton- 273!?! Shocking. Call ourselves 'the best away support in the divison'!?! I know the form is poor but COME ON!!! It's not THAT far. I know it's expensive and not a great ground. Even I had to think twice about it. But IF we can get promoted (which we still can) then Brighton are one of our main rivals. When they came to us last they brought 2,295!!!! Compare the two and tell me if we're the 'bigger club' with the 'better fans'. We should sell our Brighton in a week. It should be a scramble for tickets.

I know there will be come backs to this post " but we're rubbish", "we know we'll get beaten" etc etc. But that's what loyalty is about. We all claim that we're City through and through, stick with them no matter what etc. That's easy to say when we're flying high. But we can only PROVE our loyalty and devotion at times like this.

I know it is a lot. I know it's not that close. I know it's a ###### ground and I know we're not playing well. But I bet if we were top of the league you'd all find the money and time.

Going to order my ticket for Park Avenue, i know their's are selling like gold-dust up that end.

Your right about Brighton though, come on people, get your tickets', get behind the lads, i was there when we were in a barren run last season at Notts County and we sung our hearts out, shame the lads didn't show passion, but we can, for 90 minutes a week.

(a) TWENTY THREE pounds a ticket, at this time of year thats ALOT - I can't afford it with Chrimbo not far away

[Percy]- it's £21, but do go on...

( b ) only avaliable initally to people with away voucher A - only 353 people have that voucher from Colchester so a ~66% uptake isn't so bad, is it?

[Percy]- voucher A hasn't applied for over a week now. They're on sale to season ticket holders, club members, City 2000 members and or supporters club members. General sale from Monday so hopefully they will pick up then. But I am less than convinced. At this rate we will take about 400 which is, no doubt, an embarrasment.

Agree with Robbered about home support. My away support is going to drastically drop for 'new addition' reasons and thats my money taken. I will hopefully go to Swindon and may be Sheff Wed but before Christmas is a certain no no for me.

MM :blink:

Guest Huddersfield Red

Christmas being around the corner certainly doesn't help. Neither does the increase in interest rates with many people's mortgages rising by the price of an away trip.

Guest BCFC_Snake

If the match was being played this Saturday then i would of gone, but seeing that its a sunday most people (Over 17s and not in Full Time) work on a sunday cant make the match :blink:

Guest Red_Rat

I try to go to as many away games as possible,but considering i can't drive the only option is C.A.T.S which overall is usually about £20+.Which can be a problem at times,think back to Q.P.R we took nearly 2,000 fans there.Some of it is to do with facilities,I mean come on no matter how loyal a fan who wants to play £20+ to STAND about in a ####py stadium for 2 hours,and take a 4hour coach journey there and back.Brighton's stadium is a disgrace,the players come out of portacabins,once we start playing some big teams away e'g Sheffield Wednesday etc the away fans will be pooring in.

• Admin

£21 to sit 50 yards away from the pitch, on a remporary scaffolding structure with no roof!!

I may have been tempted to repeat the fairly unpleasant experience of our last visit, (including a drunken Brighton fan getting a 'kicking' in our end) had we been pressing at the top of the league.

The view offered at Brighton is worth a tenner at most, so I won't be there.

Guest Cyprus_Red
We usually take alot to away games. Every 1. Wats happend to every 1? I have gone to every away game so far this season and i will carry on doing so. NO MATTER HOW BAD THE FORM OR HOW MUCH THE TICKET IS!  :blink:  :Costumed19:  :Party27:  :clap:  :Costumed19:  :clap:  :Party27:

thats the attitude we need

Guest citysnumber7

why are we complaigning about our away support before our home support, obviously the best support that you would like is at home, dats obvious, so sort the home support before we go on 2 away support :Costumed19:

why are we complaigning about our away support before our home support, obviously the best support that you would like is at home, dats obvious, so sort the home support before we go on 2 away support :Costumed19:

it's not a case of worrying about away support before home. I have noted before that I think the home support isn't big enough. It was just an observation that the away tickets sold for Brighton is ######...which it is.

Guest Bootylicious

To be honest, I'm hardly surprised at the low numbers.

We ALL know that ###### performances on the pitch = decrease in crowd numbers. Whether we like it or not, only the players/management can change that!

The ticketing policy for the Bradofrd Park Avenue game makes it impossible for City fans living in exile. I live in Leeds (less than 10 miles from BPA ground), but in order for me to see the game, i must drive down to Bristol to pick my ticket up!!(yeah right).

I rang the ticket office to see what they would do with the unsold tickets - it seems nothing, they won't be selling them on the day. Seems like City can do without my cash these days then

:blink:

Dano

I travel to my fair share of away games but you can't expect people to be pepared to pay £21 + travel expenses/beer etc. when the team just isn't performing, I for one don't fancy paying this money to watch dire football at a dire ground and more than likely a poor result.

With me it`s all about work, if I`ve got the day off or I`ve finnished in time then I`ll be at the game. Luckily for me that BPA is sunday as it means I`ll be there, as I will also be at Brighton (went last time so know what to expect, no roof, dodgy wooden floor on scaffold and bird sh!t all over me seat :blink: )

What a load of waffle. I reckon by the time it gets to general sale there wont be any tickets left for the likes of me to buy. This always happen to restricted sales matches like Brighton and Bournemouth.

Guess I had better join one of these membership thingies to avoid disappointment.

Call me gullable if you like but I still reckon we can make it up this season.

It would even give me great joy if we did it via the play offs and beat QPR to achieve it. :how funny:

I'm going to Brighton, got my ticket yesterday  :clap:  But agree 273 is very disapointing, as I'm disapointed with you Simez that you are not going because of bird poo you soft  :Costumed19:  muppet!

:Costumed19:  Get to Brighton  :blink:

Quote Me:` I will also be at Brighton`...I am going Briz don`t worry about that, my ticket came last saturday. The thing was I was stood up right at the back and a copper shouts sit down and I tell him the seats covered in seagull cr^p, but he aint havin any of it. :Rage:

Archived