IGNORED

Re: Ivan "forrest Gump" Sproule

Hearts F.C. : 1874

Alright guys? Just new to the forum and thought i'd sign up to give you an alternative opinion on Ivan Sproule. I'm a fan of Heart of Midlothian FC, the other team in Edinburgh, which continually outplays Hibernian in the league, and regularly dishes out severe beatings.

Anyway, i see the opinion on Ivan Sproule on here seems to be very high. Now, i can vouch for the fact that Sproule (known to all in Scottish football as Forrest Gump) can run, and TBH he can run at the speed of a whippet, and is only matched in Scotland by Aberdeen's Michael Hart. He has, over the last two and a half years, been a good player for Hibs, and chipped in with a good few goals aswell, particularly in the Tony Mowbray era. He was well liked by Hibs fans from early days after scoring a hat-trick against his boyhood heroes, Glasgow Rangers, at Ibrox and immediately winning them over.

However, i'd stress that his actual footballing capabilities, and end product, are limited. He tends to either run it out the park, not release the ball early enough, or blast it into the side netting. Although, as you can see by the YouTube videos, when he does score, they're usually belters, to be fair. His temper is also in question, and he was often criticised for his over-zealous attitude, which can be a good thing at times, but also could conisder him a liablity. For example, in last seasons Hearts v's Hibs Scottish Cup semi-final derby at Hampden last year - the biggest derby ever and a game in which Hearts won four-nil- Sproule was sent-off for a vicious stamp on Hearts' Salius Mikoliunas. He was also seen to be gesturing to the stands at Tynecastle on occasions, and generally courting controversy.

Now, there's been constant speculation all summer linking him with Norwich, and Hibs turned down a £1,000,000 offer from Dnipro, of Ukraine, two years ago for the Ulsterman. With Sproule now joining BCFC, i wasn't surprised to be honest, as i don't feel John Collins fancies him as a player, and he was regularly benched in his last few months in Scotland. He's been the next victim of the cull at Hibs, who are intent on selling everyone to the Old Firm, with Caldwell, Killen, Riordan, Brown, Murray and Thomson all leaving for Glasgow in recent years. For me, this has been funny, as Hibs are refusing to pay any players over £3.45 a week, while Hearts aces Craig Gordon, Larry Kingston and Goncalves 15K a week. I'll let you work out who Edinburgh's version of Bristol Rovers is. ;-)

Thought i'd just give you the heads-up on that one, guys, as he may not turn out to be Cris Ronaldo, although i reckon he'll be a good acquisition for Bristol. Not be over-hyped until he settles down there.

PS. How's Jamie McAllister getting on down there? I'd presume that he was, as usual, pish.

Cheers. :)

Alright guys? Just new to the forum and thought i'd sign up to give you an alternative opinion on Ivan Sproule. I'm a fan of Heart of Midlothian FC, the other team in Edinburgh, which continually outplays Hibernian in the league, and regularly dishes out severe beatings.

Anyway, i see the opinion on Ivan Sproule on here seems to be very high. Now, i can vouch for the fact that Sproule (known to all in Scottish football as Forrest Gump) can run, and TBH he can run at the speed of a whippet, and is only matched in Scotland by Aberdeen's Michael Hart. He has, over the last two and a half years, been a good player for Hibs, and chipped in with a good few goals aswell, particularly in the Tony Mowbray era. He was well liked by Hibs fans from early days after scoring a hat-trick against his boyhood heroes, Glasgow Rangers, at Ibrox and immediately winning them over.

However, i'd stress that his actual footballing capabilities, and end product, are limited. He tends to either run it out the park, not release the ball early enough, or blast it into the side netting. Although, as you can see by the YouTube videos, when he does score, they're usually belters, to be fair. His temper is also in question, and he was often criticised for his over-zealous attitude, which can be a good thing at times, but also could conisder him a liablity. For example, in last seasons Hearts v's Hibs Scottish Cup semi-final derby at Hampden last year - the biggest derby ever and a game in which Hearts won four-nil- Sproule was sent-off for a vicious stamp on Hearts' Salius Mikoliunas. He was also seen to be gesturing to the stands at Tynecastle on occasions, and generally courting controversy.

Now, there's been constant speculation all summer linking him with Norwich, and Hibs turned down a £1,000,000 offer from Dnipro, of Ukraine, two years ago for the Ulsterman. With Sproule now joining BCFC, i wasn't surprised to be honest, as i don't feel John Collins fancies him as a player, and he was regularly benched in his last few months in Scotland. He's been the next victim of the cull at Hibs, who are intent on selling everyone to the Old Firm, with Caldwell, Killen, Riordan, Brown, Murray and Thomson all leaving for Glasgow in recent years. For me, this has been funny, as Hibs are refusing to pay any players over £3.45 a week, while Hearts aces Craig Gordon, Larry Kingston and Goncalves 15K a week. I'll let you work out who Edinburgh's version of Bristol Rovers is. ;-)

Thought i'd just give you the heads-up on that one, guys, as he may not turn out to be Cris Ronaldo, although i reckon he'll be a good acquisition for Bristol. Not be over-hyped until he settles down there.

PS. How's Jamie McAllister getting on down there? I'd presume that he was, as usual, pish.

Ha ha Forest Gump- Block A of the Dolman will have to raise cards pointing him towards the goal and make sure that the gates to the stadium are shut !!!

Jamie Mac and Lee Johnson have had a great season.

:) Glad to hear McAllister's doing well down there, and the same with wee Lee.

For the record, i don't think Lee Johnson was given a decent chance at Hearts. He was signed by Rix and then when Rix left, Vladimir Romanov (our Russian/Lith owner) decided to vilify every signing he made, and froze Johnson out. He then played reserves along with Chris Hackett, another Rix signing who was decent and is now at Millwall, i believe.

Johnson stayed 'round the corner for me and he was never away from Tesco.. he's, what, 4ft tall? Hah, only joking.

:) Glad to hear McAllister's doing well down there, and the same with wee Lee.

For the record, i don't think Lee Johnson was given a decent chance at Hearts. He was signed by Paedo Rix and then when Rix left, Vladimir Romanov (our Russian/Lith owner) decided to vilify every signing he made, and froze Johnson out. He then played reserves along with Chris Hackett, another Rix signing who was decent and is now at Millwall, i believe.

Johnson stayed 'round the corner for me and he was never away from Tesco.. he's, what, 4ft tall? Hah, only joking.

Can't believe your comments on Jamie Mac!

He's been quality as a Bristol City player, and added himself to our long list of decent left backs!

What do you think of Pospisl, and is there any chance of him coming here in your opinion?

Can't believe your comments on Jamie Mac!

He's been quality as a Bristol City player, and added himself to our long list of decent left backs!

What do you think of Pospisl, and is there any chance of him coming here in your opinion?

He had a rough time at Hearts, to be honest.

He got a lot of stick when he played, as it seemed he was a prima-donna after being signed from Livingston when he was one of there best players. Then, in a semi-final, in extra time, teams level with 30m seconds to go, he layed it off to an opposition player and the boy scored to put us out the cup. He got even more stick after that, despite coming on to a game under Rix, and was deployed in centre midfield before being shipped out with Johnson.

Now, Pospisil is a dodgy one. He came here with so much promise, a Czech U-21 international who was very confident. He was producing the goods for a while but generally he's been pretty poor for Hearts. When George Burley signed him, he proclaimed him as better than Skacel, who has since earned a big money move to Southampton. He was out of favour at Hearts for a lot of last season, and regularly bitched to the papers that he might leave, before he started playing more regularly. However, his form was poor and he has the first touch of a rapist at times. He's a decent finisher when he doesn't have time to think, but when he does he's more likely to baloon it into the stand.

I mean, there's a chance he'd start showing his early promise again down there, with a fresh start. It's hard to explain to someone that knows little about the SPL, but there's a lot of inner politics at Hearts which complicate a lot of situations. Whether that effects some players more than others is probable, and i feel Pospisil would thrive on a new start at Bristol.

And his wife's phenomenal, btw. :fingerscrossed:

He got a lot of stick when he played, as it seemed he was a prima-donna after being signed from Livingston when he was one of there best players. Then, in a semi-final, in extra time, teams level with 30m seconds to go, he layed it off to an opposition player and the boy scored to put us out the cup. He got even more stick after that, despite coming on to a game under Rix, and was deployed in centre midfield before being shipped out with Johnson.

Now, Pospisil is a dodgy one. He came here with so much promise, a Czech U-21 international who was very confident. He was producing the goods for a while but generally he's been pretty poor for Hearts. When George Burley signed him, he proclaimed him as better than Skacel, who has since earned a big money move to Southampton. He was out of favour at Hearts for a lot of last season, and regularly bitched to the papers that he might leave, before he started playing more regularly. However, his form was poor and he has the first touch of a rapist at times. He's a decent finisher when he doesn't have time to think, but when he does he's more likely to baloon it into the stand.

I mean, there's a chance he'd start showing his early promise again down there, with a fresh start. It's hard to explain to someone that knows little about the SPL, but there's a lot of inner politics at Hearts which complicate a lot of situations. Whether that effects some players more than others is probable, and i feel Pospisil would thrive on a new start at Bristol.

Thanks for that mate.

I'm surprised Johnson was interested if he has a bad attitude, our recent success has been based on a really good team ethic, tbh our squad was pretty average last season but everyone pulled together.

Any photos of his missus? :wub:

Didnt take long for a bitter Jambo to show up. Mind you the rain always favours the worms.

Such lies too.

Killen Caldwell and riordan, Murray all left for the old firm, on Bosman, not sold.

Brown and Thomson SOLD..for ..£6.5m Ka-Ching!!

Hearts pay £10k a week to fuds rom Lithuania, which is why their club is £40m in debt and sinking fast!!

Their football stadium is about to be turned into Flats, once their sub marine commanding owner realises the shit-hole he's in.

Hibernian are in a diffferent class from the Gorgie Manks.

Good luck for the season ahead.

Didnt take long for a bitter Jambo to show up. Mind you the rain always favours the worms.

Such lies too.

Killen Caldwell and riordan, Murray all left for the old firm, on Bosman, not sold.

Brown and Thomson SOLD..for ..£6.5m Ka-Ching!!

Hearts pay £10k a week to fuds rom Lithuania, which is why their club is £40m in debt and sinking fast!!

Their football stadium is about to be turned into Flats, once their sub marine commanding owner realises the shit-hole he's in.

Hibernian are in a diffferent class from the Gorgie Manks.

Good luck for the season ahead.

Oh dear, funny stuff from the Hiv's fan. They're not interested in us having aggro on their forum, but i'll bite anyway.

The fact is, your team is falling apart. John Collins has lost the dressing room, and signing Brian Kerr won't fix that.

No Lithuanian at Hearts is on 10k a week, so i see you're getting desperate.

Our football stadium has gained planning permission for a brand new, 12000 seater, main stand. Not getting knocked down, which is another Hibernian myth, up there with the 'We play flair football one' despite the fact that your little club finished sixth last season. The diddy-cup doesn't matter, so don't spout your b***ocks on here.

Hibernian are in a different class? You have the second worst derby record in world football FFS.

Now go and cream yourself over the loss of Sproule, they don't need petty bickering on their board.

:englandsmile4wf:

To sum up sproule that link I have above looks like we have signed a stunning player who will excite our Bristol Citys footballing fans "note we like to play football down here not hoof ball"he reminds me of Clive Whitehead who was a cracking player for us,who when he had the ball you new something was going to happen.

P.S

Lee Johnson was maginificent this season,some of our over zealous fans jumped on any little mistake because he was daddys boys,the guy is top class will do even better in the championship.

JM is a quality player,again will do well in the championship.

Gary Johnson says more signing are forthcoming I hope they are as good as Ivan on the evidence I have seen and viewed.

..... they don't need petty bickering on their board.

Petty bickering is pretty much what we do best.

It's very refreshing to see an argument I know nothing about. Carry on, its better than hearing the City/Rovers debate for the 10,000,000,000th time.......

Now, who is the bigger team in Edinburgh?

:yawn:

Everyone knows Hearts are. :winner_third_h4h: <--- Scottish Cup.. (Hibs haven't won it in 106 years).

You Edinburgh jock,s are enjoying this aint you!!!!

With all due respect though,this is a Bristol City forum, and the gossip was all about our new signing from Hib,s.

Smile though, its the same banter as we get with the t@@@ers up the road!

Thing is they really are s h i t e............i mean, new season round the corner and sold a massive 650 season tic,s for the new season!

With all due respect though,this is a Bristol City forum, and the gossip was all about our new signing from Hib,s.

Thing is they really are s h i t e............i mean, new season round the corner and sold a massive 650 season tic,s for the new season!

According to yesterday's Evil Post Arn, even Bristol Rugby Club has "smashed their season ticket sales record ... overhauling last season's total of 3500 by 260 tickets ... despite the club's fans not knowing where they'll be playing after Christmas" - considerably more than the 650 you say have been sold by the inbreds.

(BTW I'm really enjoying the Hibs v Hearts banter ... long may it last!)

If this is true that is a complete joke 650 ST we sold 8000 in the divsion below.

Whenever I hear about Scottish football I always look out for Hearts. For some reason they are my favoured scottish team, not that I really care about any of them but Hearts would be my choice in the SPL...thought I'd add that, and Sproule sounds a good player, looking forward to seeing what he cant do in the championship, but we need two more attack minded players, one being a striker, and we will be fine.

Whenever I hear about Scottish football I always look out for Hearts. For some reason they are my favoured scottish team, not that I really care about any of them but Hearts would be my choice in the SPL...thought I'd add that, and Sproule sounds a good player, looking forward to seeing what he cant do in the championship, but we need two more attack minded players, one being a striker, and we will be fine.

Picked the short straw voting for that shite.

If you had selected Hibs however you would be joining the likes of...

The Proclaimers

Dougray Scott

Andy Murray (tennis)

John Leslie

Fish from Marillion

Alex Arthur (Boxing)

Gordon Strachan (Celtic Mgr)

to name but a few....

Fish from Marillion - :laugh: is he still alive?

Dougray Scott - who?

Gordan Strachan and The Proclaimers - they are the ones who don't need the ginger wig to prove their scottishness, right? or do they get royalties from the fake wigs :)

Who are the famous (and ones we havent heard of but big in scotland) Hearts supporters? Must be a latvian eurovision transexual that we havent heard of who supports them.

Guest brfc1883

We've actually sold over 1,000 now, still nothing to get excited about I know, but just correcting you with FACTS.

Archived