IGNORED

Criag Hutchinson Speaks On

I don't get you.

You seek any chance to put down 'Radio Bristol', yet, it seems, you spend all your time listening to them!

What a fascinating observation. Not much gets past you I'd guess.

Actually be dead keen to know what was said so keep us informed NTTDS ta.

Me too as I missed it.

He said it was all a misunderstanding and that he was misquoted by the press agent, he was using BCFC as an example and that BCFC "ticked all the right boxes" but that was as far as it went, if there was anything in it Landsdown would be the first to know and not the sunday papers, i think he said he would be ringing Landsdown personally and apologising

Thank god for that then. now we can get back on track.

I don't think it's as simple as that. The fact that he mentioned Bristol City as "a prime example" shows that City are a club that they would be interested in....in fact he also said that they considered taking things further in february/March, but felt that the timing would have been wrong as we were in the promotion race.

What his interview did confirm is that the consortium is genuine, they are on the lookout for a suitable lower league club to invest in, and Bristol City is definitely on their radar.

This is a long way from being dead imo!

What his interview did confirm is that the consortium is genuine,

Well it didnt really, he still hasn't named any members of the consortium. It could be a load of bull and this guy could just be trying to get business for himself from other potential consortiums.

Thank god. For a minute i thought we might be taken over by a cash rich consortium with money to spend on top players with the aim of getting us in the premership.

who would then demolish Ashton Gate, c**k up the business plan, run out of cash on the new stadium, start sharing with Clevedon Town, be investigated for some non-sensical offshore oil dealings, lose interest, walk away and leave us in massive debt... narghhhhhh... better the devil you know.

p.s. I suspect our chairman is far more savvy, probably has far more money and is probably a far safer and more secure bet for the future. I for one, think he has done a pretty good job thus far and long may it continue. Oh... and he is a supporter through and through. I suspect a Czech and a Serbian are possibly not quite so fervent.

who would then demolish Ashton Gate, c**k up the business plan, run out of cash on the new stadium, start sharing with Clevedon Town, be investigated for some non-sensical offshore oil dealings, lose interest, walk away and leave us in massive debt... narghhhhhh... better the devil you know.

p.s. I suspect our chairman is far more savvy, probably has far more money and is probably a far safer and more secure bet for the future. I for one, think he has done a pretty good job thus far and long may it continue. Oh... and he is a supporter through and through. I suspect a Czech and a Serbian are possibly not quite so fervent.

Oh I'm sure our chairman is plenty savvy!!

Just look at the situation - a potential consortium valuing BCFC at about 40 million. I'm very sure this is on SL's agenda

Just compare what he could realise for his stake against his investment over the last few years. It points to a tasty profit.

Maybe, just maybe IMHO thats why he's been busy building up his stake.

Oh I'm sure our chairman is plenty savvy!!

Just look at the situation - a potential consortium valuing BCFC at about 40 million. I'm very sure this is on SL's agenda

Just compare what he could realise for his stake against his investment over the last few years. It points to a tasty profit.

Maybe, just maybe IMHO thats why he's been busy building up his stake.

I would like to think that he would keep to his word and only sell if it was "right for the football club". Obviously I don't know Mr Lansdown, but from the little that I have heard and read he seems pretty genuine.

However, in this sad world of today.......money talks.

Archived