IGNORED

The Summer Break

redmeanie

Usually, the few months between seasons are a real drag. when i used to work in a warehouse, the lads would have absolutely nothing to say to each other. This is obviously helped every other year by international football.

But this time it's felt pretty easy so far - although i can't wait for the new season to get going, my frustration is numbed by an underlying sense of satisfaction which makes me feel it's worth waiting for.

Anyone else found the summer break pretty easy? Or have you still felt a bit lost? - especially on a saturday!

depends if your someone who does alot of activitys or not.

I been out a lot with my mates since May 5th and been doing more work recently so that has made no football a lot easier.

On the other hand, I still can't wait till August 11th because that will be the start of a new era in my life, Supporting a Championship Football Team for the very first time.

:winner_third_h4h:

depends if your someone who does alot of activitys or not.

I been out a lot with my mates since May 5th and been doing more work recently so that has made no football a lot easier.

On the other hand, I still can't wait till August 11th because that will be the start of a new era in my life, Supporting a Championship Football Team for the very first time.

:winner_third_h4h:

Good to see your excited. While I certainly recall the top flight and old div 2 days it was not until we began the free fall that i started going regularly... sounds odd but i just hit the football bug at that time.

Mind you I did see City slaughter Coventry 5-0 at the gate on Boxing Day... I think my first ever match.. around 1978? I was a wee wipper snapper.

My summer breaks are usually taken up with other hobbies.Golf and bowls mainly.Being involved with SC also keeps me in touch with AG so its no so bad.

I don't usually miss the footie but that said I can't wait 'till it all starts again.

I think this year has been far worse than normal for two reasons, firstly the wait for championship football and secondly most of the weekends have been wet so far, so mainly been stuck indoors doing diddly squat.

I think this year has been far worse than normal for two reasons, firstly the wait for championship football and secondly most of the weekends have been wet so far, so mainly been stuck indoors doing diddly squat.

thats a very good point about the rain to be honest.

thats one thing that has made the non-footy period a bit miserable.

Just been out to skittles resplendant in my nice shiny new black away top and some gas plank started

'we won the playoffs,much better than you going straight up etc Wembley blah blah blah etc!'

Just said CHAMPIONSHIP and walked away.

Stupid stupid gashead!

U REDS

Well, as I'm currently in America and as soon as i get back, I go straight to Newquay, I don't think i will be bored for quite a while!

However, when I do get back, then I will be going to the gym most days to stay in shape and I will be going into town during the night. The perfect combo. :winner_third_h4h:

Well, as I'm currently in America and as soon as i get back, I go straight to Newquay, I don't think i will be bored for quite a while!

Still going to get wet in Newquay mate.

The summer break has dragged because i work monday-friday with weekends off. Granted ive just had a 2 week holiday to help but its still dragging again. Bring on August 11th!

Archived