IGNORED

Paulo Wanchope

huntl3y

My old mans mate was down the gate last week and he said he seen paulo wanchope could be a possible signing. :thumbsup:

I suggest you refer him to this website! - www.talktofrank.com - DRUGS ARE EVIL!

though in fairness he is a free agent why not..........now where's my crack pipe?

Old rubber legs at the Gate?

Had an alright World Cup last year didn't he, scored two against Germany in first match.

We need 15-20 a season striker, call me a pessimist but I doubt he would do the trick.

The more i think about it, the more i think that it could be a realistic target. Experienced at champiosnhip level with Man City, 2 world cups, scoring in the world cup aswell, premiership experience, scoring on his english debut at old trafford. doesnt get much better than that to be fair.

Question is though, is he Johnson's type of player?

ACTUALLY, hate to backtrack however just been reading his offical website and his last posting of 2 weeks ago, said that he had left FC Tokyo as he hadn't adapted to the style of football in Japan.

He was heading to England last week (which ties in with orginal posting) as he wants to find a club back in this country and if he has no luck he is considering a move to MLS to get a club,

Still think it is VERY unlikely though.

http://www.wanchope.net/403.html

or of course he could have just been at the Gate as he's a fan of Meatloaf and was buying tickets?

oh and he didn't join Man City until they were back in the prem

The more i think about it, the more i think that it could be a realistic target. Experienced at champiosnhip level with Man City, 2 world cups, scoring in the world cup aswell, premiership experience, scoring on his english debut at old trafford. doesnt get much better than that to be fair.

Question is though, is he Johnson's type of player?

Exactly, he isn't renowned for working his socks off is he.

Capable of flashes of genius, but I'm wary of his ability to perform for 46 games and get the 15-20 goals we need. His time with Man City was a number of seasons ago, and like you say, he isn't a Johnson player.

More of a Keegan player (ie score 5 let in 4)

Lets get back to reality please people. This member has only ever posted 2 posts and both are about some fantasy new signing. He isn't Johnsons sort of player, he will be too expensive on wages and frankly who remembers what he even looks like?

Its a total non starter!

Lets get back to reality please people. This member has only ever posted 2 posts and both are about some fantasy new signing. He isn't Johnsons sort of player, he will be too expensive on wages and frankly who remembers what he even looks like?

Its a total non starter!

Jesus!!! Enough of the flippin' wages debate!!! God, how many times are we going to hear the some old toss? :10_1_108:

I think it is a realistic signing and more likely than a fowler, sutton etc etc etc

What is a Johnson player really? Has anyone taken an induction course on Johnson Methodology?

If we had have heard of Sproules flashes of "passion" while at Hibs, the same people on here would have been giving it "he's not a Johnson player" when it turns out he was.... :rolleyes:

:grr:

Fair point, however in the case of Wanchope I for one believe that despite the crackers he scored for Derby, Man City etc and the tricks and flicks, it was generally known he could be bloody bone idle when said teams were up against it.

The general consensus of posters on here believe we are likely to struggle, certainly without a 15-20 goal a season striker. Therefore I think a "Johnson" player in this case is someone who can roll up their sleeves when need be.

Jesus!!! Enough of the flippin' wages debate!!! God, how many times are we going to hear the some old toss? :10_1_108:

I think it is a realistic signing and more likely than a fowler, sutton etc etc etc

So how much do you think he wants then chump? You think he went to Japan for the food, or perhaps because they would give him troughs of cash? You think he would come over here for anything less than 10k a week? You want our club to be bankrupted by some 'once upon a time' 10 goal a season striker? Wages is an issue, it isnt the same old toss its something to think about. Any of these one time good players are nowhere near the sort of players that Johnson wants to bring in, you only have to look at the players he has bought in the past, not just for City but for Yeovil, Cambridge etc to see the players he likes to sign.

It would be more realistic to see you a City shirt next season.

About the same number of times people suggest signings like this I would guess!

I guess it depends on what you consider realistic.

Fair point, however in the case of Wanchope I for one believe that despite the crackers he scored for Derby, Man City etc and the tricks and flicks, it was generally known he could be bloody bone idle when said teams were up against it.

The general consensus of posters on here believe we are likely to struggle, certainly without a 15-20 goal a season striker. Therefore I think a "Johnson" player in this case is someone who can roll up their sleeves when need be.

15-20 a season goalscorers in the CCC are hard to come by unless you are willing to pay the dosh, look at the previous thread showing the leading scorers from last season, Nugent (who was injured granted) scored fifteen in a tidy side.

We know GJ will bring the best out of any player he brings in (With the exception of Andy Smith :laugh:) but it's going to be hard to get his type of player unless we spend a bit.

Don't you think?

Its a total non starter!

just to let u no i have only made this account 2day thats y i hav only made 2 posts, don't judge a book by its covers ;)

So how much do you think he wants then chump? You think he went to Japan for the food, or perhaps because they would give him troughs of cash? You think he would come over here for anything less than 10k a week? You want our club to be bankrupted by some 'once upon a time' 10 goal a season striker? Wages is an issue, it isnt the same old toss its something to think about. Any of these one time good players are nowhere near the sort of players that Johnson wants to bring in, you only have to look at the players he has bought in the past, not just for City but for Yeovil, Cambridge etc to see the players he likes to sign.

It would be more realistic to see you a City shirt next season.

Firstly, "CHUMP" this is not a Rocky movie!

Secondly, :clapping:

and finally, how we going to be bankrupted by one "rumoured" signing? If we don't spend some bloody money, we will be in league 1 next year visiting the same dumpy grounds we did last season.

15-20 a season goalscorers in the CCC are hard to come by unless you are willing to pay the dosh, look at the previous thread showing the leading scorers from last season, Nugent (who was injured granted) scored fifteen in a tidy side.

We know GJ will bring the best out of any player he brings in (With the exception of Andy Smith :laugh:) but it's going to be hard to get his type of player unless we spend a bit.

Don't you think?

Yes of course, but I was replying to your previous post of "What is a Johnson player?"

Paulo Wanchope is a mercenary, fancy footballer who turned it on occasionally nearly ten years ago.

We need to carve out goals in this league, the goals scored by a "fox in the box", or if you will somebody who runs themselves into the ground, not Paulo Wanchope.

a hungry young, "Johnson" player.

Archived