IGNORED

Trouble At Cricket

westonred

Did anyone see the feature on 'The West Tonight' earlier? It stated that this year they are getting trouble all over the country at the 20/20 Cricket matches because of fans having too much to drink and this is putting families off attending these matches..

Jed Pitman tried to make out that it was Football supporters who were causing the trouble.... I have just written to HTV to complain and ask what proof they have that these rowdy people were actually football supporters..

Its typical that football supporters name is being dragged through the mud again when this is nothing to do with football at all...

If there is any trouble at any sports events ie Darts, Boxing, Horse Racing and now Cricket it is always Football supporters who get the blame

Did anyone see the feature on 'The West Tonight' earlier? It stated that this year they are getting trouble all over the country at the 20/20 Cricket matches because of fans having too much to drink and this is putting families off attending these matches..

Jed Pitman tried to make out that it was Football supporters who were causing the trouble.... I have just written to HTV to complain and ask what proof they have that these rowdy people were actually football supporters..

Its typical that football supporters name is being dragged through the mud again when this is nothing to do with football at all...

If there is any trouble at any sports events ie Darts, Boxing, Horse Racing and now Cricket it is always Football supporters who get the blame

The trouble at the cricket was at Middesex - Hampshire I think, not so much trouble but chav vandles. Jed Pitmans an arse anyway - don't watch ITV news but hes obviously as good a reporter as he is a comedian....

The trouble at the cricket was at Middesex - Hampshire I think, not so much trouble but chav vandles. Jed Pitmans an arse anyway - don't watch ITV news but hes obviously as good a reporter as he is a comedian....

Yes they mentioned that game where the Hampshire coach was stoned by angry fans, but it also mentioned rowdy supporters closer to home at Glos and Somerset and interviewed Johnathon Lewis who said that a few of his team had been heckled by drunken supporters and felt uneasy at some matches..

Yes they mentioned that game where the Hampshire coach was stoned by angry fans, but it also mentioned rowdy supporters closer to home at Glos and Somerset and interviewed Johnathon Lewis who said that a few of his team had been heckled by drunken supporters and felt uneasy at some matches..

Jed Pitman is a complete to**er, no 2 ways about it. He is the worse thing on telly, even including bread and last of the summer wine

England play one dayers at Bristol because its what they call a partisan crowd, thats as far as it get rowdy wise. John Lewis is a pansy anyway.

I don't think there is much trouble at Cricket.

IMO its because Cricket is getting more popular, Especially one day matches.

The new age of one day games inc 20/20 has attracted more people, Some of which are Football supporters.

The run of mill comments made at a Football match seem to upset the stuck up old farts at Lords.

As they say " Its not Cricket! ".

If the Cricket Clubs want better attendances then they have to accept merry supporters giving a bit of banter.If players like Robert Croft cant handle it

then i suggest stay on the other side of bridge! Welsh Poof!

Just back from the County Ground, not a hint of any trouble.

The Glos boys were very quiet, could be to do with the thrashing Somerset gave them.

A couple of verses of "I can't read and I can't write but I can drive a tractor" and "Zummerzet la la la" ended the night off nicely.

Sadly, have to report that I did see a few Sags with shirts on, no need for it at the cricket or come to think of it anywhere!

Plenty of City up there, including Sexstone and our royal lady Mrs D who was celebrating her birthday.

Cricket was very unentertaining, bring on the footie season.

Sadly, have to report that I did see a few Sags with shirts on, no need for it at the cricket or come to think of it anywhere!

What do you expect north of the river. Rovers and Gloucestershire go hand in hand.

At least they're used to being inferior losers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If there is trouble at a cricket match its is cricket hooligans , what has football got to do with trouble at a cricket match.

nothing new. i saw it kick off at Glamorgan vs. Somerset,

Sunday League match in about 1978

I saw Pitman at the game tonight prancing around like the prized tit he is and was very tempted by having a word in his ear but got sidetracked by the bar! If I'd have known he was saying this then I definately would've had something to say as the only iota of crowd trouble came at Taunton when Glamorgan's Robert Croft was moaning about the treatment the Somerset fans gave him...

What do you expect north of the river. Rovers and Gloucestershire go hand in hand.

At least they're used to being inferior losers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you will find quite a few of us on here live " north of the river",

are we inferior losers as well ???

The stuffed shirt brigade are continually struggling with the increase in popularity of cricket. The `Barmy Army` have come in for some stick on numerous occasions. During the winter Ashes series TMS commentators seemed to be displeased at times with the chanting support.

Personally i couldn`t give a t@ss. People enjoying themselves shouldn`t be a bad thing. Stoning is going a bit too far obviously, even for sagheads - waste of stones.

PDG

nothing 2 do with the cricket but with the person a few comments ago talking about the rovers shirts, was just wondering if anybody else had seen the new rovers "success" shirt that they are making as a one-off for the great success they had last season! ha, what a joke! made me laugh though! on the rovers site is more details! borught a smile 2 my face! :rofl2br:

nothing new. i saw it kick off at Glamorgan vs. Somerset,

Sunday League match in about 1978

Wasn't that between Cardiff & Swansea fans??

Went to Lords when Somerset played Glamorgan & the Jacks & Cardiff kicked off big style.

IN THE WORDS OF H AND J ON TALK SPORT... "WHAT A WASTE OF INK"

GEEZE AS IF THEY WILL DO ANYTHING ...HOW ABOUT YOU RIGHT A LETTER TO SOME ONE LIKE THE PM COMPLAINING ABOUT THE STATE OF OUR TRANSPORT SYSTEM ABD GIVE HIM A PEICE OF YUR MIND :disapointed2se::bruce_h4h:

IN THE WORDS OF H AND J ON TALK SPORT... "WHAT A WASTE OF INK"

GEEZE AS IF THEY WILL DO ANYTHING ...HOW ABOUT YOU RIGHT A LETTER TO SOME ONE LIKE THE PM COMPLAINING ABOUT THE STATE OF OUR TRANSPORT SYSTEM ABD GIVE HIM A PEICE OF YUR MIND :disapointed2se::bruce_h4h:

Yeah your probably right and it is a waste of time but what pisses me off is that everything seems to get blamed on football supporters... Pitman ought to realise that theres alot of decent football fans out there (Red and Blue) who arn't the cause of whatever trouble happens at a sports venue. As a so-called respected sports journalist he ought to stop putting the boot in to football supporters bcus he will start to lose viewers.

Guest DanC
nothing 2 do with the cricket but with the person a few comments ago talking about the rovers shirts, was just wondering if anybody else had seen the new rovers "success" shirt that they are making as a one-off for the great success they had last season! ha, what a joke! made me laugh though! on the rovers site is more details! borught a smile 2 my face! :rofl2br:
What's even worse is the Gold shirt Phillips will be wearing next season.

http://www.bristolrovers.premiumtv.co.uk/j...~3309337,00.jpg

I think it is even worse than the Korma away shirt we had.

Archived