IGNORED

Wdp States

icamanicity

The wdp back page headline is brookes suffers setback, he could miss the start of the season,because his knee is still not right, he had his knee cleaned out after the rotherham game but it is taking longer than normal and he is still recovering from that, so he off to Lilleshall for rehab, and he will miss latvia, so there we have it why no pics of brookes training..

The wdp back page headline is brookes suffers setback, he could miss the start of the season,because his knee is still not right, he had his knee cleaned out after the rotherham game but it is taking longer than normal and he is still recovering from that, so he off to Lilleshall for rehab, and he will miss latvia, so there we have it why no pics of brookes training..

Personally, I really think this bloke is finished, or well on his way to being so. Its a real shame and I hope I'm wrong, just not for our sakes but his to, but something is not quite right with how long this knee injury is being dragged out.....set back after set back, doesnt look good in my eyes

I always look forward to seeing some news in the wdp on the way home from work, its kind of exciting, thinking who we might sign, sort of breaking news, but to my horror, oh no not again, was my reaction, so you are right, its a real shame, johnson also said that its two or three things, all seem conected, injury wise, to the knee..

Almost certain to miss the start of the season after another setback in his LONG fight against injury!

Brooker DIDNT join the rest of City,s squad when they reported for pre season training on Monday, and will NOT be going to Latvia next week!!!!

He will be off to Lilleshall, to undergo intensive rehabilation.

Brookers condition is a major concern for GJ.

On a personal note, it surely means Johnson must secure a proven striker before the campaign starts.

We cant rely on the strikers left within the club (no doubt a few will disagree)

So boy,s and girl........discuss......Arn

I'm a massive Brooker fan and have always believed that when fully fit, he can compete at the top end of the championship certainly. But as i have said in the past, we can't keep a man who can never really figure in Johnson's plans due to his inconsistency, I posted something like this before and a few people replied that anyone can injured at any time, but in Brookers case, come on!!!! We need a striker who the manager can build into his plans, both now and long term, not someone who we have to try and accommodate once in blue moon when they have the odd bout of fitness.

I do rates Brooks, but i can't see the point in carrying on like this, No doubt people will post on here that 'it's all one injury' and 'give the man a chance to get fully fit' but how long can you keep saying that? When he gets injured in November, will you still be saying that?

Official Site is saying that Brooks will miss the Latvia trip and will be sent to Lilleshaw for intensive treatment as he has failed to recover from his operation in May..

I think theres a possibility that he wont be ready for the start of the season so i think we are need at least TWO new strikers maybe three if Jevo leaves us....

When will this guy ever be fit

I'm a massive Brooker fan and have always believed that when fully fit, he can compete at the top end of the championship certainly. But as i have said in the past, we can't keep a man who can never really figure in Johnson's plans due to his inconsistency, I posted something like this before and a few people replied that anyone can injured at any time, but in Brookers case, come on!!!! We need a striker who the manager can build into his plans, both now and long term, not someone who we have to try and accommodate once in blue moon when they have the odd bout of fitness.

I do rates Brooks, but i can't see the point in carrying on like this, No doubt people will post on here that 'it's all one injury' and 'give the man a chance to get fully fit' but how long can you keep saying that? When he gets injured in November, will you still be saying that?

agree totally, as much as i like Brooker he just hasn't been right since he came out of prison, injury after injury after injury. Imo we would be better off selling him and getting in another striker to replace him.

Agree with you 100% 054123.

Bloody shame cause he,s a great player when fit, but becoming a bain if he aint playing

agree totally, as much as i like Brooker he just hasn't been right since he came out of prison, injury after injury after injury. Imo we would be better off selling him and getting in another striker to replace him.

it's easy to say.....let's just sell him, however to sell him he actually needs to be fit enough to pass a medical at a new club, which won't happen with him carrying an injury.

even then, we are limited in selling him when he is fit until he has actually proved himself not to break down again because no club is going to spend decent money on the player until he has proved his fitness.

Think it's going to be a case of try to get him fit between now and the Jan transfer window and then ship him out, because getting shot of him prior to the end of august and actually getting some money for him is going to be nigh on impossible.

Guest The Championship-Reality

As yo can see on the main site Brooker will miss the Latvia tour. There also is a slight possibility he could miss 1/2 games at the start of the season (though he should be fine by then). With only Jevons & Showumni as our main strike pair at the mo do you think we will sign another striker?

Steve Brooker is not travelling to Latvia with squad and going to Lillleshall for extra training after operation on his knee in May,not good news this surely now we should sign another striker we can not afford another season as last with Brooker out for most of the season.

We definitley need to signa striker before we go to Latvia. When does the transfer window close?

why?

surely it's more important to get the RIGHT player before the start of the season, than a panic signing before a pre-season trip.

why?

surely it's more important to get the RIGHT player before the start of the season, than a panic signing before a pre-season trip.

To get accustomed to the team, to train with the team, style of play etc.. You would ideally want a month before the season starts, I would think, or do you just wait for Mr Right, who is Mr Right, how long can you wait for Mr Right?

To get accustomed to the team, to train with the team, style of play etc.. You would ideally want a month before the season starts, I would think, or do you just wait for Mr Right, who is Mr Right, how long can you wait for Mr Right?

You're forgetting a potential striker in Finboggson(sp) who is going to Latvia for that exact reason.

You're forgetting a potential striker in Finboggson(sp) who is going to Latvia for that exact reason.

I haven't forgot about the lad Finboggson, but has you said it is only potential. I hope the lad is quality, even so we would need one more striker minimum.

As GJ said, it is a BIG concern.

Archived