IGNORED

New Matchday Announcer [merged]

bringbacktherobin

Dave

Congratulations. Our third new signing.

Thought you did a great job at the POY awards night.

Can we have no music for say 5 mins. before the teams come out so that the crowd can build the atmosphere. They tried last season but it was killed by the tannoy.

Please can we have no music after we score, it ruins it for me.

Please no Amarillo

Please Please NO STATUS QUO

I would rather the boys came out to One For The Bristol City or Drink Up Thee Cider

Went to see a game at Man Utd last season (it was a freebie with work) and they played the Stone Roses 'This is the one'

when the teams came out.

I appreciate the Stone Roses were a Manchester band and we are not Manchester, but it really worked, it was blaring out.

Mind you, I doubt even our new P.A. system is up to the standard of theirs :D

Aint that the truth. I confidently expect that someone will be calling for me to be sacked before Christmas. To paraphrase Abraham Lincoln : "You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot please all of the people all of the time". I'll give it my best shot.

I am chuffed to bits to be taking on this new role, as well as continuing my writing career. I know that Mark, the previous announcer wasn't popular with everyone, but I thought he did a good job. However my style will be very different. I'll be looking to keep the things that work and introduce some new ideas, musically and in terms of the entertainment. It might take a bit of tweaking but we'll get it right eventually. I'm sure there will be plenty of people on here telling me when they think I haven't. I've already had plenty of emails to david.lloyd@bcfc.co.uk with some really interesting suggestions, and I'll be replying to you all in due course. Please keep them coming.

Thanks for all the kind words of support.

Dave,

Please can you get Christopher Timothy to perform the half-time draw just once next season? The poor bloke probably has nothing else to look forward to now he's left Doctors. Save a panto stint as Widow Twankee, in Cromer and a guest slot on the BBC resissue of All Creatures Great and Small Animal noises Greatest Tweets CD, with Trickie Woo on bass.

It's not too much to ask.

Yours hopefully,

Greenun

So if the Stone Roses are played up at Old Trafford, which Bristol bands does David have to choose from?

The Wurzels

Massive Attack

Portishead

Tricky

Claytown Troupe

Elizabeth Fraser

Those two slappers from Bananarama

Alison Moyet

Roni Size

Beki Bondage

Wayne Hussey of The Mission

Onslaught -- a few toe-tappers there

Santiago Jetstormer

The Blue Aeroplanes

Racey

I bet Man Yoo are crapping themselves already.

Aint that the truth. I confidently expect that someone will be calling for me to be sacked before Christmas. To paraphrase Abraham Lincoln : "You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot please all of the people all of the time". I'll give it my best shot.

I am chuffed to bits to be taking on this new role, as well as continuing my writing career. I know that Mark, the previous announcer wasn't popular with everyone, but I thought he did a good job. However my style will be very different. I'll be looking to keep the things that work and introduce some new ideas, musically and in terms of the entertainment. It might take a bit of tweaking but we'll get it right eventually. I'm sure there will be plenty of people on here telling me when they think I haven't. I've already had plenty of emails to david.lloyd@bcfc.co.uk with some really interesting suggestions, and I'll be replying to you all in due course. Please keep them coming.

Thanks for all the kind words of support.

What makes you think you'll get to Christmas? :) Seriously, best of luck. It's a daunting task.

I'd like to see better (some?) half time entertainment.

- Two men walking two tight ropes from the Williams to the Dolman. First over wins.

- Parachute team wearing the colours of each team. The nearest to the centre circle wins.

- Giant table football with fans from each side

- 5-a-side football played on stilts with a giant beach ball

Basically I'd like to continue the competitive game against the opposition but in a spirit of fun. Plus, I really liked the opera singer we had a few years back.

No doubt many people will cringe at/laugh at/hate the above. Let them make their own suggestions.

Please can we have no music after we score, it ruins it for me.

Please no Amarillo

Please Please NO STATUS QUO

I would rather the boys came out to One For The Bristol City or Drink Up Thee Cider

Went to see a game at Man Utd last season (it was a freebie with work) and they played the Stone Roses 'This is the one'

when the teams came out.

I appreciate the Stone Roses were a Manchester band and we are not Manchester, but it really worked, it was blaring out.

Mind you, I doubt even our new P.A. system is up to the standard of theirs :D

Nothing wrong with Quo, I'll have you know.! Awesome live and put a host of "current" rock bands to shame. Check 'em out at the Colston Hall 11th or 12th Dec we don't have a game on either night! However I do agree that RAOTY is not their best song and I've no doubt that whatever the musical choice will be this coming season, there will those that object and/or quickly tire of it and want something else. I don't envy Dave L. And don't forget that this forum is only is small representation of BCFC fans, so even a poll suggesting fav songs to play is not that representative! :city:

Archived