IGNORED

Brooker+weale Flaws

Red Robin

Sorry but this is getting ridiculous reference our two sick notes Brooker and Weale.

Is the club paying them full wages?

Both have had there time and chances to come back,neither did sweet fanny adams last year.

There wages should be used to bring in some real quality up front.

It is beyond believe the club still seem to think they are going to come back and stay fit.

Reality is the club would be better looking elsewhere and replacing these to.

Anybody remember a certain goalkeeper a few years back,same scenario cost us fortunes with no return.

Weale we are paying month to month with a view that we get a good keeper out of it for naff all when he fully recovers. That situation was entered into with full knowledge, he's on schedule, we've no cause to complain about it whatsoever.

Brooker has 3 years left on his big fat new contract, do you think the club can just magically stop paying him?

What a ridiculous post. Players get injured, its the nature of the game so deal with it.

Brooker is an excellent player when fit, if we flog him now we'll get no more than what we paid for him which is bad business as someone will be patient with him, get him fit then sell him for his true value which is nearer the cool £1m mark. He still has over a month to get himself back fit, i'm sure he will do but in the meantime I'm confident that GJ knows what he is doing and will bring in adequate cover/competition and not a replacement.

With regards to Weale, we only game him a years contract to begin with and now he's just on a month to month. We can't be paying him big bucks and we didnt pay a fee for him. He is going to be an excellent 'keeper when fit so the situation is fine as we will give him a longer contract when he is fit. We then have to competent 'keepers competeting for the Number 1 spot.

My view is that your post is born out of frustration due to a percieved lack of work we are doing in the transfer market and instead you should be patient - there is still a month to go until the start of the season and TWO months until the deadline closes.

Sorry but this is getting ridiculous reference our two sick notes Brooker and Weale.

Is the club paying them full wages?

Both have had there time and chances to come back,neither did sweet fanny adams last year.

There wages should be used to bring in some real quality up front.

It is beyond believe the club still seem to think they are going to come back and stay fit.

Reality is the club would be better looking elsewhere and replacing these to.

Anybody remember a certain goalkeeper a few years back,same scenario cost us fortunes with no return.

What a ridiculous post. Players get injured, its the nature of the game so deal with it.

Brooker is an excellent player when fit, if we flog him now we'll get no more than what we paid for him which is bad business as someone will be patient with him, get him fit then sell him for his true value which is nearer the cool £1m mark. He still has over a month to get himself back fit, i'm sure he will do but in the meantime I'm confident that GJ knows what he is doing and will bring in adequate cover/competition and not a replacement.

With regards to Weale, we only game him a years contract to begin with and now he's just on a month to month. We can't be paying him big bucks and we didnt pay a fee for him. He is going to be an excellent 'keeper when fit so the situation is fine as we will give him a longer contract when he is fit. We then have to competent 'keepers competeting for the Number 1 spot.

My view is that your post is born out of frustration due to a percieved lack of work we are doing in the transfer market and instead you should be patient - there is still a month to go until the start of the season and TWO months until the deadline closes.

Sorry Rich disagree here big time,can you honestly say that players are injured for nearly a whole season with this injury or that injury,it is one excuse after another coming from the club.

Even owen came back from his major injury quicker.

Reference frustration with transfers,I have 100% faith in GJ,however quite clearly this football club will fight a relagation battle come the end, with our current strikers,please explain how are under performing strikeforce last year will cope and score in the championship when they struggled last year.

I seriously have concerns at the moment of BCFCs commitment in wanting to stay in the championship with our one decent signing.

totally stupid posting.

Weale has had 3 seperate injuries, he recovered from the intial injury then suffered 2 further problems, the club and Johnson rate him highly so have put him on a month to month deal until he can prove his fitness, if he can't he is given a months notice, quite simply, nothing like the Billy Mercer situation where is had a serious injury and 3 years remaining on his contract.

As for Brooker, his injury problems are well documented however how actually are we are supposed to "just get rid" of a player that is under contract? I'd be interested in your view on this.

it's VERY EASY to shout silly abuse and make accusations without actually suggesting a sensible solution to the problem, which is something you are very good at doing as this posting has proved.

totally stupid posting.

Weale has had 3 seperate injuries, he recovered from the intial injury then suffered 2 further problems, the club and Johnson rate him highly so have put him on a month to month deal until he can prove his fitness, if he can't he is given a months notice, quite simply, nothing like the Billy Mercer situation where is had a serious injury and 3 years remaining on his contract.

As for Brooker, his injury problems are well documented however how actually are we are supposed to "just get rid" of a player that is under contract? I'd be interested in your view on this.

it's VERY EASY to shout silly abuse and make accusations without actually suggesting a sensible solution to the problem, which is something you are very good at doing as this posting has proved.

The fact is we enter a new season with two supposidly main players still apparantly injured,anybody with a bit of common sence can see this is not a good situation to be in especially with such a low number of main squad players.These two are permantly injured.

These guys just don't seem to be coming of the treatment table this is a huge concern.privatly GJ must be a little unhappy.

stupid posting it is not,concerning posting most definatly.

We all know that a fit Steve Brooker will be one of the best strikers in the Championship - like he was in League One. In 2005/2006 the bloke was immense and whenever he played last season you could tell the difference that he makes just throught his physical presence. He's been unbelievably unfortunate with the injuries that he has had but I'd rather have Brooker in our starting eleven than any other of our current crop of strikers.

We all know that a fit Steve Brooker will be one of the best strikers in the Championship - like he was in League One. In 2005/2006 the bloke was immense and whenever he played last season you could tell the difference that he makes just throught his physical presence. He's been unbelievably unfortunate with the injuries that he has had but I'd rather have Brooker in our starting eleven than any other of our current crop of strikers.

Was once, however history is not present the guys comments above say it all.

It has become a joke,there has to be a bigger problem underlying the real problem.

You cannot expect the current SB to survive 3 games in the championship,agree weale has been put on a montly contract,i would suggest the same goes with SB.

Reality is in 4 weeks we hit the championship, and this team has got to be ready,your main striker is not ready for his pre season training,So all of a sudden everybody hopes SB hits the championship fireing on all cylinders,GET REAL is it really going to happen I think not.

The fact is we enter a new season with two supposidly main players still apparantly injured,anybody with a bit of common sence can see this is not a good situation to be in especially with such a low number of main squad players.These two are permantly injured.

These guys just don't seem to be coming of the treatment table this is a huge concern.privatly GJ must be a little unhappy.

stupid posting it is not,concerning posting most definatly.

yes, which is what you have already said? however how many times does johnson need to say that he has bids out for players and is waiting on answers.

we have signed a keeper, so weale being missing isn't an issue.

he has a forward on trial and is also still looking at players.

Was once, however history is not present the guys comments above say it all.

It has become a joke,there has to be a bigger problem underlying the real problem.

You cannot expect the current SB to survive 3 games in the championship,agree weale has been put on a montly contract,i would suggest the same goes with SB.

Reality is in 4 weeks we hit the championship, and this team has got to be ready,your main striker is not ready for his pre season training,So all of a sudden everybody hopes SB hits the championship fireing on all cylinders,GET REAL is it really going to happen I think not.

AGAIN, completely and utterly missing the point. Steve Brooker is UNDER CONTRACT for another TWO seasons until end of 2009 season? You can FORCE a player to cancel that contract and sign a monthly deal.

No one has said or expect Brooker to be fit, just that we are looking forward to more players coming in between the young forward already on trial and the forward he has a bid out on, in a couple of weeks we could have 2 forwards.

AGAIN, completely and utterly missing the point. Steve Brooker is UNDER CONTRACT for another TWO seasons until end of 2009 season? You can FORCE a player to cancel that contract and sign a monthly deal.

No one has said or expect Brooker to be fit, just that we are looking forward to more players coming in between the young forward already on trial and the forward he has a bid out on, in a couple of weeks we could have 2 forwards.

GJ has a major problem up front he knows it,you know it,I know it.

He knows strikers are a priority lets all hope it is sorted with some quality come the seasons start.

Cus we really are going to need some firepower come the seasons start.

p.s I am aware SB has lovely contract he is sitting on,however my point was one, where it would be ideal if he could be treated like weale.

Red Robin

I don't think we have any crises whatsoever. Brooker, is injured, but we got other players (Jevons, Showunmi) we've got that Icelandic kid on trail down here, and GJ looking for more.

There is no injury crises here.

GJ has a major problem up front he knows it,you know it,I know it.

He knows strikers are a priority lets all hope it is sorted with some quality come the seasons start.

Cus we really are going to need some firepower come the seasons start.

p.s I am aware SB has lovely contract he is sitting on,however my point was one, where it would be ideal if he could be treated like weale.

of course he know it! hence.......HE HAS SAID IT!

hence he has an offer in for a forward

hence he also has ANOTHER forward on trial at the club who is hoping to sign perm!

Red Robin

I don't think we have any crises whatsoever. Brooker, is injured, but we got other players (Jevons, Showunmi) we've got that Icelandic kid on trail down here, and GJ looking for more.

There is no injury crises here.

So you think Jevo/Showumni are good enough to keep us in the championship.

They would be good squad players but they aint the real deal to keep us up.

Finger Bob and Sproule up front Jevo/ES backing them up.

New striker comes in replaces Sproule or Finger Bob - when Brooker fit he contends with Jevo/ES Finger Bob anf new signing for place up front whilst Sproule provides competition on right and left side of midfield.

GJ likes versatile players and Sproule looks like he can play left/right midfield and upfront.

1 new striker and Grote (hopefully) plus another back up versatile midfielder/striker and a defender and we done.

Why the lack of new signings are linked to the fitness and contracts of two players is a tenuous link at best and the best we can hope for is that we don't over spend on these 2 guys contracts - well we have done so before you posted - Weale is on a month to month basis and Brooker (if he has a contract similar to others at the club) will get his basic wage and nothing for his appearances and his total appearances for the year.

I'm not saying both Jevo and Enoch are good enough or aren't good enough, but you can't predict the season ahead, because football is simply un-predictable. Both Jevo and Enoch could well be on fire this season, scoring goals which keep us up OR they could get injured and be out for majority of the season.

We do have Sproule who can play up front. We have Tristan Plummer (ok, he's young and hasn't played, but everyone seems to forget him), also Jennison who can adapt to being a forward.

Next Red Robin, you'll be saying Sproule isn't fit to wear our shirt............ :surrender:

I Have a question Red Robin.

Why do you always post in the most ghastly colour - Blue.

Your called Red Robin, This is a City site & we are all fans of 'The Reds'

Please ditch the blue and type in red, or maybe you could just use black!

So let me get this straight - simply by reading the article on the club website I was able to ascertain that Brooker, who has undergone surgery in the close season, can move his knee OK but hasn't quite got the full range of movement and is probably a week behind full fitness and the club has decided to pay for "the best treatment and care available" to get him up to fitness by the time the rest of the lads return from Latvia.

Can someone tell me why there is mass panic and hysteria?

So let me get this straight - simply by reading the article on the club website I was able to ascertain that Brooker, who has undergone surgery in the close season, can move his knee OK but hasn't quite got the full range of movement and is probably a week behind full fitness and the club has decided to pay for "the best treatment and care available" to get him up to fitness by the time the rest of the lads return from Latvia.

Because he's been a week away from full fitness for the last 6 months.

I happen to like Brooker but its far from certain he will be 'one of the best strikers in the Championship'.. I think that is really stretching it... at best he is an unknown quantity at this level and at worst somewhat overshadowed by dozens of good strikers.

perhaps you meant to say 'one of the best strikers for CITY in the Championship'! Mind you, that would not be difficult as we are not exactly well endowed with them at time of writing!! :noexpression:

Because he's been a week away from full fitness for the last 6 months.

Says who? We have everything on this forum - managers who are better than Johnson, medical experts, marketing guru's, the lot!! With all of this free expertise around, I'm surprised we struggle so much.

Says who? We have everything on this forum - managers who are better than Johnson, medical experts, marketing guru's, the lot!! With all of this free expertise around, I'm surprised we struggle so much.

If he's just short on range of movement in his knee, then Lilleshall is the best place for him to be as they have all the expertise and equipment to hopefully rectify things.

Can anybody say hand on heart Brooker will be fit for the seasons start?

Can anybody say you will get half a season out of him.

The fact is and this is what we have to go on the last 12 months have been a complete joke with all his apparent problems.

I'm as excited as any city fan about a return after 8 years,but on the basis on this squad assembled so far we have a major struggle to stay up,the word making up the numbers come to mind.

We have a club this is definatly big enough for the championship,we have a manager that is good enough,We have fans that are definatly good enough,WHAT WE NEED IS SOMEONE RIGHT AT THE TOP WITH THE HUNGER AND FINANCES TO TAKE US UP AND KEEP US THERE at present that is not happening I'm afraid.All this talk of players identified you would imagine the majority are now signed up and ready to play for their new clubs, and on in pre season training with their new team mates.

At present the ST price increase cannot be justified,especially when we are told by the chairman we wish to give GJ every possible chance of competing in the Championship.

I've never claimed to be a marketing guru!!!

My suggestion that he's been unfit for 6 months was just based on evidence not fact. Does your interpretation of the evidence suggest something different to you?

Brooker was never going to make preseason and he might not make this season. this his is last chance for fitness or it's bye bye brooker

The problem should have been dealt with last year and it never was,we huffed and puffed with the strikeforce we had and managed to cross the finishing line fireing the odd goal.

Somebody summed it up in another post We went up because Forest messed it up.

City have had long enough to deal with the situation especially with promotion to the championship.

Look at all the Leagues players movements most have been done,their players are in pre season training with there new club mates.

City have signed one decent signing where is the rest?

Archived