IGNORED

Your City Hero

punnett

i'm bored, so it's Nostalgia time, I was speaking to a younger fan in work today and we were chatting about our all time favourite City players and i was trying to explain to him the greatness of the one and only GERRY GOW who to me no-one since has come close to surpassing, i still shudder at some of those tackles he used to make. Being stood in the middle of the East End as a teenager with the crowd swaying all over the place and Gow crunching into the oppositions playmaker still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up, you often hear of players giving 100 per cent but no-one gave 100 per cent like Gerry did, the 70s, wonderful, wonderful days. The whole experience of a football match was so different in then and as a young lad a saturday was just so exciting it was something we looked forward to in school all week, my 2 boys are City fans but don't seem to show the same excitement or enthusiam as i did, still, HE'S HERE, HE'S THERE, HE'S EVERY****INGWHERE, GERRY GOW, GERRY GOW, any-one share my view?

As a Kid I loved these players:

Rob Newman - always gave 100%

Glyn Riley - Class

Super Jack - Genius

Keith Waugh - Anybody remember the penalty save against Bolton at Ashton Gate (20th December 1986 - just checked City stats)? We were 1-0 down at the time, Waughy pulled off a brilliant diving save to his right, held it, and City went on to thump them 4-1. Ah the memories. Great keeper.

Archived