IGNORED

Gj Summs It Up Nicely

Red Robin

He quite clearly has said we have gone after the better players who have moved on to new clubs.

However the stumbling block is wages we offer what other clubs will treble for a weeks work.

I do feel sorry for the guy,his hands are obviously tied from above.

To me it sums up we are in for the left overs in the market place.

Sorry I backed the championship price hike when it happened,however I'm back tracking on this one at the mo.

Unless some quality arrives,which to be fair is not going to happen whilst GJ is in Latvia,we move nearer to the seasons start with no major strikers on board.

We have to face it we are struggleing to pull the calibre of player in.

Leon Best another which would have done a good job,has just signed for Coventry.

Thought the whole point of the hike in season ticket prices was to enable us to compete financially with the top clubs?

What excuse will they trot out next?

And if some outside investors ARE interested, then Lansdown should either talk to them or if he does not want to sell, put up some cash himself. Its not as if he is short of a bob or two now is it?!

You have to also remember the players already at the club when you offer new players big contracts. Louis Carey left AG because of the difference in pay between him and the top earners. Gary Johnson has brought harmony to the dressing room which could easily be wiped out by paying one or two new players silly money whilst those that got us into the Championship are getting a lot less. So it's about getting the balance right, some thing I believe GJ will do.

He quite clearly has said we have gone after the better players who have moved on to new clubs.

However the stumbling block is wages we offer what other clubs will treble for a weeks work.

Sorry I backed the championship price hike when it happened,however I'm back tracking on this one at the mo.

Unless some quality arrives,which to be fair is not going to happen whilst GJ is in Latvia,we move nearer to the seasons start with no major strikers on board.

Leon Best another which would have done a good job,has just signed for Coventry.

Urgh, you've just turned whinging about not signing anyone and not knowing why into... whinging that we haven't signed anyone for the reasons why we haven't!

The point of increasing season ticket prices was to allow us to compete with the clubs we're trying to compete with. Out of Blackpool, Scunny, QPR, Barnsley and any of the teams likely for relegation Ivan Sproule is by far the biggest name and the most exciting! And most likely the most costly too.

After that the increased revenue from football and of course minor price hikes will hopefully in time allow us to compete for the likes of Leon Best etc who are out of our financial reach at this moment.

And yes we are left with what the teams above us don't want.... However i trust GJ to pick the best of that. You clearly don't.

We have one of the richest Chairman in our division if not the richest. Our prices are one of the highest in the division, plus Ashton Gate must a bit of money with all the rock concert rugby matches each year and yet year on year we apparntly loose £2 million even when we sell a player for £2 million we still loose £2 million.

If we never sold Cotterial would we have lost £4 million ?

Some times things just don't had up!

I would rather trust this club to a couple of Eastern European oil barons than the do nothing Lansdown.

They have took our season ticket money and before the season starts I feel I have been conned.

All I ever here on this forum is that 'city cant afford it' 'what about his wages' 'don't be stupid, he wont come to us'

WHY!!!! our city on the whole is up and coming, our prices have gone up, and our chairman is sh1tt1ng money! I totally agree we don't want to cause unrest in the squad by paying mega money wages on a couple of players, but i still believe we need that bit more quality, surely that doesn't mean 10000 a week or more??Without a few exceptions obviously. I 100% have faith in GJ and that he will bring in someone who fits the bill, i just don't understand how we are having a bit of trouble finding someone, that is if we are, Johnson may be biding his time on someone else we don't know about. :city:

Left overs, you trippin, right?

Pleeeeeenty of time left for new players, and pleeeenty of new players still out there, all the best deals are to be had towards the end of the transfer window, everyone knows this, right?

GJ and SL do, so does CH. :)

Urgh, you've just turned whinging about not signing anyone and not knowing why into... whinging that we haven't signed anyone for the reasons why we haven't!

The point of increasing season ticket prices was to allow us to compete with the clubs we're trying to compete with. Out of Blackpool, Scunny, QPR, Barnsley and any of the teams likely for relegation Ivan Sproule is by far the biggest name and the most exciting! And most likely the most costly too.

After that the increased revenue from football and of course minor price hikes will hopefully in time allow us to compete for the likes of Leon Best etc who are out of our financial reach at this moment.

And yes we are left with what the teams above us don't want.... However i trust GJ to pick the best of that. You clearly don't.

Would you like to tell me where the 3 million quid has gone from the lita,cotterill sales,not to mention the fact SL quite clearly said the price increase was to compete with the rest in the championship.

We are paying high ST prices with a team that was 3rd division last year,yes sproule seems a good purchase the trouble is we need at least three more of that calibre.

The facts are there for all to see,we are struggleing to pull quality in.

People have faith in GJ after what he has managed to achieve, but unless he gets the financial backing necessary to bring in a regular goalscorer or 2, it would take houdini to get us to survive next season. I am sure GJ would have loved to have brought in Sharp and Eastwood, but unless he gets the cash to spend, and the budget for increased salaries, he has his hands tied. If SL does not come up with the necessary funds and we go down, SL will have to take responsibility for it, and if it is clear that he is unwilling to finance this club in the championship, he will find it virtually impossible to stay in charge. Someone might be getting paid 3 times more elsewhere than if they signed for us, but if it comes down to us upping the wages or getting relegated, someone has a tough decision to make, and clearly so far, players are going elsewhere because they are willing to pay more. In one way, its right that we shouldnt pay over the odds, but if it means that we get relegated for it, whats the point?

Would you like to tell me where the 3 million quid has gone from the lita,cotterill sales,not to mention the fact SL quite clearly said the price increase was to compete with the rest in the championship.

We are paying high ST prices with a team that was 3rd division last year,yes sproule seems a good purchase the trouble is we need at least three more of that calibre.

The facts are there for all to see,we are struggleing to pull quality in.

We don't know who we're signing yet, so why are you complaining about the lack of qualiity signings now?

Even if we could compete with the Covetry's and Leicester's they'd still have the bigger pull as recent Premiership sides. So we're not overpaying for players. Who knows, perhaps the money is there and GJ is not choosing to spend it, yet.

We have one of the richest Chairman in our division if not the richest. Our prices are one of the highest in the division, plus Ashton Gate must a bit of money with all the rock concert rugby matches each year and yet year on year we apparntly loose £2 million even when we sell a player for £2 million we still loose £2 million.

If we never sold Cotterial would we have lost £4 million ?

Some times things just don't had up!

I would rather trust this club to a couple of Eastern European oil barons than the do nothing Lansdown.

They have took our season ticket money and before the season starts I feel I have been conned.

I know everyone's entitled to their opinion....but for ######s sake!

We've just achieved promotion, after year upon year of frustration.

We've just signed someone I believe will be one of the most exciting players in this league.

We have a manager that many other clubs would love to have on board.

We have our own ground that the board are comitted to improving/developing over the coming months/years.

We have an excellent academy that year on year is producing exciting talent.

Our club is on the up and up, yet all people like you can do is criticise.

You make me sick!

I know everyone's entitled to their opinion....but for ######s sake!

We've just achieved promotion, after year upon year of frustration.

We've just signed someone I believe will be one of the most exciting players in this league.

We have a manager that many other clubs would love to have on board.

We have our own ground that the board are comitted to improving/developing over the coming months/years.

We have an excellent academy that year on year is producing exciting talent.

Our club is on the up and up, yet all people like you can do is criticise.

You make me sick!

What wanting our club to suceed,we just need to see some commitment from the board,the fans have backed the club with record STs it is time for the board to show there hand and give us some believe we can stay in the championship,we not saying we want to hit the premiership in 5 minutes,however it would be nice to stay in here longer than one season like last time.

What wanting our club to suceed,we just need to see some commitment from the board,the fans have backed the club with record STs it is time for the board to show there hand and give us some believe we can stay in the championship,we not saying we want to hit the premiership in 5 minutes,however it would be nice to stay in here longer than one season like last time.

And how much did we spend last time???

Ok, fine....we all want to see BCFC succeed. But I really cannot understand peoples need to criticise and be so negative 5 weeks before the new season even starts!

With the exception of the price hikes, I can't see anything to be negative about at the moment....just enjoy it!

this reminds me of last season. plenty of people criticised all the way through and look what happened in the end :winner_third_h4h:

at least wait until a few games into the season when the transfer deadline has passed before moaning. theres still plenty of time for GJ to pull a rabbit out of the hat. money doesnt equal success for christs sake!!! surely we know that now. who's to say this icelander from celtic wont fit the bill and GJ wont mould him into a 20 goal a season man, who knows whether plummer might be the next big thing. brooker could be fit by sept and do the business. and having said all that the chances are we will get at least one striker before the season starts anyway. people there are too many ifs and buts to be pressing the panic button in early july FFS.

GJ has earnt our trust. give it to him. :disapointed2se:

southend had a quality striker going into last season and look what happened to them. alternatively no one thought much of colchesters chances with iwelemo and cureton up front and they did the biz. who's to say that jevons wont get 18/20 goals next year, thats just as plausable as it would of sounded had someone said the same about cureton a year ago.

Yes same tiome and time again Directors of Bristol ity do not invest money,SL said for years if we can get back in the championship we can start spending money,he has siad we cocked it up last time at least those board did try with in buying Akinbye etc,without a striker GJ quite simply I feel is going to struggle and could be out by xmas,its not really his fault he has found players the board are not backing him what a waste after taking this long to get back to this level of football

Yes same tiome and time again Directors of Bristol ity do not invest money,SL said for years if we can get back in the championship we can start spending money,he has siad we cocked it up last time at least those board did try with in buying Akinbye etc,without a striker GJ quite simply I feel is going to struggle and could be out by xmas,its not really his fault he has found players the board are not backing him what a waste after taking this long to get back to this level of football

Well you know something we all don't then; GJ has consistently said that he has not yet been turned down with a player request he makes to SL.

Show us the source of your info before spouting out utter garbage.

Well you know something we all don't then; GJ has consistently said that he has not yet been turned down with a player request he makes to SL.

Show us the source of your info before spouting out utter garbage.

Cannot believe for one minute G.J has no limit on funds available, therefore quality of player available; we don't know what that is but you can be assured there is one.

Has all the transfer money gone on new seats. :disapointed2se:

I tell you something some years back SL quite clearly said when he took the job,he wanted BCFC in the premership,he said he would do his up most to get us there and if it ment fundings it would be found.

Well Steve we have hit the giddy heights of the championship,yet one quality signing has arrived.

The best players have gone to clubs in our division who will be plying their trade against city, possibly sending city back down to the great third division,maybe for another eight long years.

Reality is BCFC under your guidance are not going for it by the balls ,and wanting to stay in this championship not even thinking of being in the middle to upper reaches just staying there would be a remarkable achievement.

May I just say not many clubs go forward without huge investment,just may be it is time for a change at the top,it is your perogative not to spend your own funds in keeping the club here,however it normally goes with the territory.

We need somebody or consortium to invest and take city on again.

I tell you something some years back SL quite clearly said when he took the job,he wanted BCFC in the premership,he said he would do his up most to get us there and if it ment fundings it would be found.

Well Steve we have hit the giddy heights of the championship,yet one quality signing has arrived.

The best players have gone to clubs in our division who will be plying their trade against city, possibly sending city back down to the great third division,maybe for another eight long years.

Reality is BCFC under your guidance are not going for it by the balls ,and wanting to stay in this championship not even thinking of being in the middle to upper reaches just staying there would be a remarkable achievement.

May I just say not many clubs go forward without huge investment,just may be it is time for a change at the top,it is your perogative not to spend your own funds in keeping the club here,however it normally goes with the territory.

We need somebody or consortium to invest and take city on again.

A good post RR, and i tend to agree.

SL did state that if we hit championship level, he would fund to make sure we stay there or push on towards the prem.

I suppose there is a bit more time to make things happen, and fingers crossed it will.

A good post RR, and i tend to agree.

SL did state that if we hit championship level, he would fund to make sure we stay there or push on towards the prem.

I suppose there is a bit more time to make things happen, and fingers crossed it will.

Arny

believe me all my bits are crossed as well, as it stand it does not look to good, relagation fodder definatly,lets hope a miracle happens you need goals from the front to stay in here,our three boys including injured Brooks on last seasons form is not going to be good enough.

our defenders and midfielders got us up last year,the next level you need quality at the front.

Totally agree with you on this one,I feel very disapointed in SL he always siad he would spend if we got back into the championship with this and him getting a lot of money from his shares floatation,I thought we could be on are way back to the big time.If you had millions in the bank making interest thats all millions on millions if you were a true fan,you would get for more enjoyment in spending say just 4 million on your club and see it prosper financially and football wise in the end the clubs worth more anyway.

I guess we just have to hope on Showunwi and perhaps Noble getting to a new level and saving us .

What player has gone to another club in the championship that we could realistacly have got? Lets start talking facts instead of the f-ing whinging all the time.

Makes me mad all this bollox. WERE A SMALL CLUB IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP

And thats exactly where we are staying if were lucky and do not return to the lower leagues again,as far attracting players Bristol is a nice place to live,if we had a Director showing a bit of ambition then we could get players easily,mainly comes down to salary better it,you have your player

And thats exactly where we are staying if were lucky and do not return to the lower leagues again,as far attracting players Bristol is a nice place to live,if we had a Director showing a bit of ambition then we could get players easily,mainly comes down to salary better it,you have your player

a few players signed by others in our division.

Leon Best [southampton - Coventry] - Coventry More attactive than Bristol City

Freddy Eastwood [southend - Wolves] £1.5m - Wolves more attractive than Bristol City

Craig Beattie [Celtic - West Brom] £1.25m - West brom more attactive than Bristol City

At the minute we CANT compete with these teams

Arny

believe me all my bits are crossed as well, as it stand it does not look to good, relagation fodder definatly,lets hope a miracle happens you need goals from the front to stay in here,our three boys including injured Brooks on last seasons form is not going to be good enough.

our defenders and midfielders got us up last year,the next level you need quality at

the front.

Exactly RR, a STRIKER is a must mate........ARN

Arny

If you were GJ at this moment in time who would you be looking at?

Christ S.Bcity....what a question!

I know who i,d like but would be in fairyland.

Seriously.....Naysmith would be class.

Beyond that mate, just an out and out striker who just bleeds goals......

Thanks for the question........Arn

Christ S.Bcity....what a question!

I know who i,d like but would be in fairyland.

Seriously.....Naysmith would be class.

Beyond that mate, just an out and out striker who just bleeds goals......

Thanks for the question........Arn

See that's my point about the striker signings on the other thread.

You don't know anyone who would score goals and is likely to come, but you still criticise GJ for not signing them...yet.

What player has gone to another club in the championship that we could realistacly have got? Lets start talking facts instead of the f-ing whinging all the time.

Makes me mad all this bollox. WERE A SMALL CLUB IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP

I say BRISTOL CITY FC can if they wished compete with any side in this division apart from two or three clubs.

The FACT is our board of directors are holding back,As said previously SL is a very very rich guy,he has more money than he will ever need,including his sons and daughters and their next generation,yes he is entitled to keep his money in his pocket EVERY RIGHT TO DO SO,however a few years back the guy quite clearly said he would take city on again if they hit the championship.

Well as at today the 7TH jULY 2007,We have one decent signing sproule,Seriously SL has to either back track on those words or put up the funds.

BRISTOL CITY as a club in no smaller than about 8 teams in this divsion.

Archived