IGNORED

Gj Summs It Up Nicely

Red Robin

At the question and answer session in the DEH, I'm sure I heard Mr Lansdown say that if we were promoted that a figure of around 4-5 Million Pounds would be invested in the strengthening of the squad, with a class striker as a top priority.

I assume that in the not too distant future that we shall be seeing some exciting new signings.

Christ S.Bcity....what a question!

I know who i,d like but would be in fairyland.

Seriously.....Naysmith would be class.

Beyond that mate, just an out and out striker who just bleeds goals......

Thanks for the question........Arn

Ive been thinking about this alot and I'm really struggling to think of anyone from England or Scotland.

Nicky Maynard at Crewe - would be abit of a gamble and probably quite costly but he's all I can come up with!!

I think if we do sign a striker or 2, I reckon they will either be unproven (Not always a bad thing) or foreign.

He quite clearly has said we have gone after the better players who have moved on to new clubs.

However the stumbling block is wages we offer what other clubs will treble for a weeks work.

I do feel sorry for the guy,his hands are obviously tied from above.

To me it sums up we are in for the left overs in the market place.

Sorry I backed the championship price hike when it happened,however I'm back tracking on this one at the mo.

Unless some quality arrives,which to be fair is not going to happen whilst GJ is in Latvia,we move nearer to the seasons start with no major strikers on board.

We have to face it we are struggleing to pull the calibre of player in.

Leon Best another which would have done a good job,has just signed for Coventry.

Christ, lets all go and commit suicide; NOT.

We signed a striker, Fingobasson or whatever, and I think people are too ready to forget this just because we didn't pay for him.

Last year we got promoted without a prominent striker and from the website it seems to me like GJ is counting on Plummer making the step up and have we all forgotten about jennison?, GJ has always said that he sees him as a striker.

Although no one of our 6 strikers stands out as being a match-winner, and i would love to see someone like this come in as much as everyone else, if we can't bring anyone in then its not all that bad, it could even mean that the younger lads get a chance to step up and proove that you don't need to spend to do well. Heres to hoping :fingerscrossed:

See that's my point about the striker signings on the other thread.

You don't know anyone who would score goals and is likely to come, but you still criticise GJ for not signing them...yet.

Criticise?

Where?

Don't question a fan who,s been there , seen it all, and love the club from every inch of his body.

I hope GJ gets the right man in, just like every other manager that has been at the helm at our club.

I gloat on success, want nothing more than that for Bristol City.

When you grow up, perhaps you will understand where my concerns are coming from!

Criticise?

Where?

As for criticism, you've agreed with Red Robin on this thread. He's criticising, so that means you are too. Did you not read the post you agreed with? Effectively stating that SL hasn't invested enough in players. That's a criticism of our signing policy. I have a different view and disagree. But to say you're not criticising is a nonsense.

Don't question a fan who,s been there , seen it all, and love the club from every inch of his body.

Why? Why should loving the club make you impervious from being questioned on your views? If you always want to agree, talk to yourself, don't come on an open forum! People can still love the club and be entitled to different views to you.

When you grow up, perhaps you will understand where my concerns are coming from!

See there we go, you've resorted to saying "grow up" instead of debating. It's so sad. That someone of your age and experience has to do that. It's frankly quite embarrassing for me to be seeing an older bloke resort to childish comments on a football forum.

Just because you're older doesn't mean you have any more valid points than I do. It clearly doesn't mean you're above poor comments like "when you grow up." I think you could forgive a kid for arrogant remarks like that. But it's unworthy of you.

I'm Arny, I'm older, I know best, How dare you question me - With sentiments like that I think perhaps you could take some of your own advice and "grow up."

I think once you're able to express your views without needing to tell people to "grow up" we might get somewhere.

See there we go, you've resorted to saying "grow up" instead of debating. It's so sad. That someone of your age and experience has to do that. It's frankly quite embarrassing for me to be seeing an older bloke resort to childish comments on a football forum.

Just because you're older doesn't mean you have any more valid points than I do. It clearly doesn't mean you're above poor comments like "when you grow up." I think you could forgive a kid for arrogant remarks like that. But it's unworthy of you.

I'm Arny, I'm older, I know best, How dare you question me - With sentiments like that I think perhaps you could take some of your own advice and "grow up."

I think once you're able to express your views without needing to tell people to "grow up" we might get somewhere.

To be fair here you, Arny,Myself will all have different opinions that is what makes in interesting on here.There are some I believe are way of the mark with coments,some that have good valid points,and those that are top notch posts. "Thats my opinion"

However one thing for sure without differing points it would be pretty boring and pointless coming on here.

Read it properly Redhyde.

I said i agree with almost all RR says, not all.

The age comment i made, was just stating i have been watching City long enough to make any point i want.

Not once have i criticised SL.

He has done wonders for the club both with his money input and being at the helm of the club.

I'm actually trying to state my concerns with GJ yet to bring in a striker.

Most on here agree, and of course we all hope it happens soon.

He quite clearly has said we have gone after the better players who have moved on to new clubs.

However the stumbling block is wages we offer what other clubs will treble for a weeks work.

I do feel sorry for the guy,his hands are obviously tied from above.

To me it sums up we are in for the left overs in the market place.

Sorry I backed the championship price hike when it happened,however I'm back tracking on this one at the mo.

Unless some quality arrives,which to be fair is not going to happen whilst GJ is in Latvia,we move nearer to the seasons start with no major strikers on board.

We have to face it we are struggleing to pull the calibre of player in.

Leon Best another which would have done a good job,has just signed for Coventry.

"He quite clearly has said we have gone after the better players who have moved on to new clubs".

Know, that's a worry! Paying two million £ for Sharp or Eastwood is madness. Look abroad for gods sake!!

"He quite clearly has said we have gone after the better players who have moved on to new clubs".

Know, that's a worry! Paying two million £ for Sharp or Eastwood is madness. Look abroad for gods sake!!

Sorry disagree here,if we had brought a sharp,best type player in 2 million quid is peanuts when you compare the income difference from the division we came from.

GATES RECEIPTS HOME AND AWAY ARE MUCH HIGHER NOT TO MENTION PAYOUTS FOR BEING HERE.

Sorry the facts are there for all to see,we have lost out on many many good players that would have given us a fighing chance of staying up.

Goals need to be scored on a regular basis from the strikeforce.

honestly can you say are main two will score 15 to 20+ each no way hosay.

We are left with the left overs,unless SL and GJ have something up their sleeves.

Archived