IGNORED

For The Record

yessir

I thought after all the moaning re lack of signings etc I'd put the record straight, there isn't one player that has been written about on here that either GJ, KM or PJ have not seen, talked about, spoken to thier agents, spoke to thier clubs or just not fancied. We do them an injustice to think they haven't got thier fingers on the pulse in regards to players, how much they will cost and how much wages they demand. You'd be amazed at some of the names and offers our club has made, unfortunately when you are dealing with top players they have more options and not everyone wants to come to BCFC. You should all know gj by now that if he has the slightest of doubts about a players motive for coming here he will move on swiftly to the next target and at the last count there are at least 10 to 15 names being talked too or spoken about, with weeks to go to the deadline you can be assurred that who ever Gj brings in will be of championship and beyond quality (in his eyes) and will come here for the right reasons not to see us as a stepping stone to something else.

I thought after all the moaning re lack of signings etc I'd put the record straight, there isn't one player that has been written about on here that either GJ, KM or PJ have not seen, talked about, spoken to thier agents, spoke to thier clubs or just not fancied. We do them an injustice to think they haven't got thier fingers on the pulse in regards to players, how much they will cost and how much wages they demand. You'd be amazed at some of the names and offers our club has made, unfortunately when you are dealing with top players they have more options and not everyone wants to come to BCFC. You should all know gj by now that if he has the slightest of doubts about a players motive for coming here he will move on swiftly to the next target and at the last count there are at least 10 to 15 names being talked too or spoken about, with weeks to go to the deadline you can be assurred that who ever Gj brings in will be of championship and beyond quality (in his eyes) and will come here for the right reasons not to see us as a stepping stone to something else.

Some of us have 100% faith in GJ, others feel differently and that is their right, however, I have no doubt that GJ is the man to take this club places and not only is he working his nads of to bring in the players he requires but also to ensure they are of the right calibre and right for Bristol City. Mr Johnson you have done a fine job so far and long may it continue. :city:

Some of us have 100% faith in GJ, others feel differently and that is their right,

Dead right.

You can't blame fans for getting restless when they see other CCC clubs signing up decent players especially as the season is only just over a month away.Any new players coming in now will have less and less time to adjust and gel with the squad.

But... there is no point complaining.Theres nothing we can do exept trust Johnson's judgement.

Well, i for one have every confidence that Gary and the Board are doing all they can to get the right additions to the squad.

It amazes me that some people seem to think that the club is standing idly doing nothing!

Anyway....thanks for the insight.

And who might these be then? :dunno:

Dead right.

You can't blame fans for getting restless when they see other CCC clubs signing up decent players especially as the season is only just over a month away.Any new players coming in now will have less and less time to adjust and gel with the squad.

But... there is no point complaining.Theres nothing we can do exept trust Johnson's judgement.

Best post I've read on here in a while. I've got massive faith in GJ but we're literally in a different league now and you can't help but fear a little bit anxious when you see all these other decent players being snapped up by our rivals.

Dead right.

And who might these be then? :dunno:

Best post I've read on here in a while. I've got massive faith in GJ but we're literally in a different league now and you can't help but fear a little bit anxious when you see all these other decent players being snapped up by our rivals.

Who exactly has been 'snapped up' who you can realisticly see playing for city? Realisticly (you know, when things are based on realism not confounding b#####s)

Bear in mind that the player also has a say in where they go.

You can blame fans for being restless - they have never signed one player in their lives ever. These people however do it for their bread and butter. So, umm, rather than talk about things they know nowt about, instead folk could just presume that the management don't want city to go straight back down? It's called trust.

What is it with everybody asking for sauce all the time? If you think about it, folk in the know will not digress how they are in the know. Folk not in the know, wouldnt have known various information's. It's that simple. Common sense will help you disect the made-up rubbish from the sense :clap:

Its just sunk in with me.

We have a successfull team. One of the nine teams that were promoted across the Leagues.

Other clubs are buying lots of players because they weren't successfull last season.

We don't need to buy as many because we already have a very strong, successfull squad built on a team ethos.

Yessir - how do you know? Your post is written as if you are GJ himself, or someone at the heart of the club - although from other posts you have written I don't think that can be true. Unless of course more than one person is using your username?!!?

For the record, I believe that:

- The team got us up can carry us forward to a point, keeping us in our first season as "unknowns", perhaps with one or two additions as effective cover.

- No-one leaving the club against our will is arguably as important as bringing in new additions

- Great bonded team spirit is as important as star players

- You always want a team of good consistent players than 1 or two stars (although both would be nice..)

- Who cares if you don't have one player scoring 30 goals if you have 3 or 4 scoring 10?

- New players need to arrive for the "glory and priviledge" not the money.

- We have absolutely the right Chairman and Manager, plus say what you like about Sextone and whether you like him or not, he is running a BUSINESS not a charity. Ask any LEEDS, ROTHERHAM, SCARBOROUGH or QPR fan which situation they would rather have. A few more quid on season tickets and some anxiety over the summer or doom, gloom and the butt of every joke going.

BFBG

Some of us have 100% faith in GJ, others feel differently and that is their right, however, I have no doubt that GJ is the man to take this club places and not only is he working his nads of to bring in the players he requires but also to ensure they are of the right calibre and right for Bristol City. Mr Johnson you have done a fine job so far and long may it continue. :city:

Best post ive read on here for a while.

Too many people on here are ready to push the self destruct button before weve even started our Championship adventure, I'm as frustrated as the next supporter about the lack of activity, and i check my phone and the website constantly sat here at work hoping theres been a signing but when the time is right the players will come in, Johnson's rcent World interview shows he is doing everything he can to get the players in, but in a world full of agents its taking time.

Yessir - how do you know? Your post is written as if you are GJ himself, or someone at the heart of the club - although from other posts you have written I don't think that can be true. Unless of course more than one person is using your username?!!?

For the record, I believe that:

- The team got us up can carry us forward to a point, keeping us in our first season as "unknowns", perhaps with one or two additions as effective cover.

- No-one leaving the club against our will is arguably as important as bringing in new additions

- Great bonded team spirit is as important as star players

- You always want a team of good consistent players than 1 or two stars (although both would be nice..)

- Who cares if you don't have one player scoring 30 goals if you have 3 or 4 scoring 10?

- New players need to arrive for the "glory and priviledge" not the money.

- We have absolutely the right Chairman and Manager, plus say what you like about Sextone and whether you like him or not, he is running a BUSINESS not a charity. Ask any LEEDS, ROTHERHAM, SCARBOROUGH or QPR fan which situation they would rather have. A few more quid on season tickets and some anxiety over the summer or doom, gloom and the butt of every joke going.

BFBG

Who are you replying to?

I'm with the the original poster on this...

Pre-deadline day last season I heard the name of one of our targets from very credible people and I genuinely struggled to believe how high both the club's ambition and the calibre of player we were looking at was. Someone who would have torn League 1 apart. His club agreed, he almost agreed... then on deadline day decided against it as he didn't want to drop two divisions from being on the bench at a Prem club. But we were close! It was the kind of guy someone would rumour is signing for us (in fact, someone did...) and everyone would throw their hands up and shout "NO CHANCE!"

Clearly, you all should realise that I'm not going to name sources on this... otherwise they'd get p*ssed with me and stop being my sources! Surely that makes sense?! I know it's frustrating, and that it means you will all get angry and flame me on here, but as another thread on sources discusses, it's just the way it is. With these comments from sources, it's take it or leave it - no point having a go at the poster as nothing will change.

Back to the original post - agree entirely, GJ is on the ball with players in a way that we can't begin to imagine, and SL is not tieing his hands over fees.

I'm with the the original poster on this...

Pre-deadline day last season I heard the name of one of our targets from very credible people and I genuinely struggled to believe how high both the club's ambition and the calibre of player we were looking at was. Someone who would have torn League 1 apart. His club agreed, he almost agreed... then on deadline day decided against it as he didn't want to drop two divisions from being on the bench at a Prem club. But we were close! It was the kind of guy someone would rumour is signing for us (in fact, someone did...) and everyone would throw their hands up and shout "NO CHANCE!"

Clearly, you all should realise that I'm not going to name sources on this... otherwise they'd get p*ssed with me and stop being my sources! Surely that makes sense?! I know it's frustrating, and that it means you will all get angry and flame me on here, but as another thread on sources discusses, it's just the way it is. With these comments from sources, it's take it or leave it - no point having a go at the poster as nothing will change.

Back to the original post - agree entirely, GJ is on the ball with players in a way that we can't begin to imagine, and SL is not tieing his hands over fees.

So who is the player in question?

Luke Moore?

Just what I was going to post but you beat me to it. I heard the rumour from 'my sources' about Luke Moore.

FAO - 'City Ben': There's no point about beating around the bush now though and not sharing it because it's not relevant anymore. Plenty of water has passed under the bridge so why be all cloak and dagger about it six months down the line :dunno:

There seems to be a prevailing insinuation on here of late, that you are either a moaner or a happy clapper, pro-or anti-the club, a true fan(who by definition accepts the official line, hook etc.) or some kind of disloyal whinger if you express any kind of anxiety or concern, or in the case of Sexstone, absolute contempt.

My position is that I love Bristol City Football Club, am a s/t holder who travels home and sometimes away from Taunton, and thinks Gary Johnson is definitely the right man for the job.I have followed the club for 32 years in all 4 divisions.(not a better than you stab at anyone else at all, just building the picture!!)

I love my family and my mates too, but don't believe that they should not be questioned and /or criticized if I don't agree with things they have said or done.Similarly I would expect no less from them.

Stating discontent, and explaining your reasons for this should not provoke an avalanche of sanctimonious bullsh*t, just reasoned debate, providing, in my opinion, that what you are stating has some basis in fact.

I agree that negativity for the sake of posting is unnecessary, but blind allegiance without question is just as pointless.

We all want a successful season, we just have differing perspectives about how this can be achieved.

There seems to be a prevailing insinuation on here of late, that you are either a moaner or a happy clapper, pro-or anti-the club, a true fan(who by definition accepts the official line, hook etc.) or some kind of disloyal whinger if you express any kind of anxiety or concern, or in the case of Sexstone, absolute contempt.

My position is that I love Bristol City Football Club, am a s/t holder who travels home and sometimes away from Taunton, and thinks Gary Johnson is definitely the right man for the job.I have followed the club for 32 years in all 4 divisions.(not a better than you stab at anyone else at all, just building the picture!!)

I love my family and my mates too, but don't believe that they should not be questioned and /or criticized if I don't agree with things they have said or done.Similarly I would expect no less from them.

Stating discontent, and explaining your reasons for this should not provoke an avalanche of sanctimonious bullsh*t, just reasoned debate, providing, in my opinion, that what you are stating has some basis in fact.

I agree that negativity for the sake of posting is unnecessary, but blind allegiance without question is just as pointless.

We all want a successful season, we just have differing perspectives about how this can be achieved.

is there an award for post of the year? if so, this surely is a strong candidate!

Archived