IGNORED

Speculative Teams To Go Down

barry_mack

Being realistic, with or without these new signings, we will struggle next season, and we will be amongst the favourites to go down. So, who are our main competitors? You know, for them proper 6 pointer clashes. Survival is the most important factor season, and we can only do that by winning these clinchers. Relegation candidates:

Scunny - Lost the heart of defence (to be replaced by Kelly LeRoc) and all strikers

QPR - with or without point deduction (preferably with)

Barnsley - Lucky to have Nardiello who saved em last term

Colchester - Lost a lot of their tallent. Sheringham unrest etc.

Coventry - Were around the wrong end of the division last term, and worse than us

Plymouth - They're just wronguns

Hull - Struggled last term but just got bought so might improve

I think, Scunny QPR and Barnsley are looking like the weakest teams. However, Scunny will have their winning mentality, and Barnsley have splashed some cash so far this preseason, and did well at the end of last term. Judging that, and not being too pessimistic, we really could be in amongst it with the rest of em. The first game of the season is already lookin like a 6 pointer! We're going to need to be backing em from the start!

Heres what the bookies think -

Charlton 13/2

West Brom 7/1

Sheff Utd 8/1

Wolves 8/1

Southampton 9/1

Watford 10/1

Leicester 12/1

Stoke 16/1

Crystal Palace 20/1

Preston 20/1

Sheffield Wed 20/1

Cardiff 25/1

Coventry 25/1

Norwich 25/1

Ipswich 33/1

Bristol City 40/1

Blackpool 50/1

Burnley 50/1

Hull 50/1

Plymouth 50/1

QPR 66/1

Colchester 80/1

Barnsley 100/1

S****horpe 100/1

PNE look a good bet at 20-1.

Heres what the bookies think -

Bristol City 40/1

Blackpool 50/1

Burnley 50/1

Hull 50/1

Plymouth 50/1

QPR 66/1

Colchester 80/1

Barnsley 100/1

S****horpe 100/1

PNE look a good bet at 20-1.

Don't think Plymouth would, or Hull but it's roughly what I think. We're currently about 5/6 rated worst even with the team we have. The bookies aren't usually wrong so i'm confident we'll stay up at the minute.

It is going to be tough, and also silly to go on last term.

QPR for example, had a great run of form come the end, but I would still tip them to end up in the bottom 3.

I think it's fair to tout Scunny as one of those who look to have problems. Yest they near enough walked our league, but you take out 2 or 3 quality players and you are going to struggle. A bad start from them could see them struggle badly.

Colchester have lost their main assets, and ignoring media speculation regarding their squad mentality right now, don't seem to have done themselves a favour by signing such an aging player.

Barnsley seem to have a weaker squad than most, although I have no idea if they've signed anyone.

Teams like Hull, Coventry and Plymouth will finish mid table, and I would be suprised to see Coventry push for play offs.

Also, if Hoolahan doesnt go to the Pool, I'd imagine they'll be in or around the reles, this is much more of a defensive league and Pool went up on attacking strengths, so minus Hoolahan they should struggle.

If we can beat the bottom 5 each way (Pool, Scunny, Barnsley, QPR & Colchester) and Plymouth for good measure, that's 36 points and probably 10 points off safety.

those odds are for promotion not relegation so technically not the same thing.

currently ladbrokes are stating:

S****horpe 11/8

Barnsley 6/4

Hull 7/4

QPR 15/8

Colchester 5/2

Blackpool 4/1

Bristol City 5/1

Burnley 5/1

Plymouth 5/1

Ipswich 7/1

Coventry 8/1

Cardiff 9/1

Norwich 9/1

Crystal Palace 12/1

Preston 12/1

Sheffield Wed 12/1

Stoke 12/1

Leicester 14/1

Southampton 20/1

Watford 20/1

Sheffield Utd 28/1

West Brom 28/1

Charlton 33/1

Wolves 33/1

Just don't know really, its what makes the comming season so dam exciting i spose.

No longer are demanding promotion from league 1, just looking to hold our own and survive against Charlton, Derby, Wolves, West Bowm, Sheff....man, its going to be tough, tough season, regardless if we sign Fowler, Naismith, Tyson, Obi Mikel etc..

I like the idea of being the under dog, becuase every dog is capable of a wonder season and GJ is allmost Godlike in achiving the unachivable, so methinks now we can pwwwnzzzor all teh team that venture to AG, its not impossable to think that we can win most of our home games, regardless of the opposition, is it?

Oooh exciting stuff.

Guest DanC

S****horpe 11/8

Barnsley 6/4

Hull 7/4

QPR 15/8

Colchester 5/2

Blackpool 4/1

Bristol City 5/1

Burnley 5/1

Plymouth 5/1

Ipswich 7/1

Coventry 8/1

Cardiff 9/1

Norwich 9/1

Crystal Palace 12/1

Preston 12/1

Sheffield Wed 12/1

Stoke 12/1

Leicester 14/1

Southampton 20/1

Watford 20/1

Sheffield Utd 28/1

West Brom 28/1

Charlton 33/1

Wolves 33/1

No them odds are for relegation.

No them odds are for relegation.

err, I think the original post was for speculation about going down - Robbo Red posted odds for promotion to premier, so my comment and odds are indeed about relegation

Also I don't think the "Majority" are saying we will go down - even if they are the bookies arent yet.

Guest zider_head

S****horpe 11/8

Barnsley 6/4

Hull 7/4

QPR 15/8

Colchester 5/2

Blackpool 4/1

Bristol City 5/1

Burnley 5/1

Plymouth 5/1

Ipswich 7/1

Coventry 8/1

Cardiff 9/1

Norwich 9/1

Crystal Palace 12/1

Preston 12/1

Sheffield Wed 12/1

Stoke 12/1

Leicester 14/1

Southampton 20/1

Watford 20/1

Sheffield Utd 28/1

West Brom 28/1

Charlton 33/1

Wolves 33/1

Are city really that big ? 5/1 is massive i feel, i don't think we will go down i may add but i had us at 3/1 shots personally

Are city really that big ? 5/1 is massive i feel, i don't think we will go down i may add but i had us at 3/1 shots personally

I'm happy for the fans of the other 23 clubs to write us off without a ball being kicked in anger. Just means that we have even more to be proud of our team if and when we stay up.

Archived