IGNORED

Signing Players & Hanging On To Those You've Got!

Bristol Boy

WBA have been a bit of a yo-yo club and were favourites to win the play offs.

The slipped up and have now been forced to part with their best players-arguably in Koumas & Kamara for about £11.5m combined.

Add that to the parachute payments and that's about £22/24m spending money :noexpression:

This division looks tougher all the time..........and their best defender wants out!!!

Theres a huge financial gulf between those clubs like WBA that yo-yo between the Premiership and the CCC.Many of their players won't want to drop a division as they lose the kudos of being 'Premiership players'.

Unless City can reach the Premiership - even for one season we'll never be able to compete.Unless of course theres another billionaire out there......

If West Brom get £6m for Kamara they're doing extremely well, I don't think he's worth half that. Koumas is a very good player but again I think they're getting a good price.

They obviously would be looking to spend some of that money in order to rebuild their squad but I can't see them splashing out all of it - for one thing attracting players that cost that amount of money isn't going to be easy for a side outside the Prem.

I think we'll see them looking abroad now that most of the exciting young players in the League have their immediate future sorted out or maybe they'll try and get McCleod or Maynard?

That sort of upheaval in a squad will make it hard for them to mount a serious automatic promotion challenge next season regardless of replacements IMO.

If West Brom get £6m for Kamara they're doing extremely well, I don't think he's worth half that. Koumas is a very good player but again I think they're getting a good price.

They obviously would be looking to spend some of that money in order to rebuild their squad but I can't see them splashing out all of it - for one thing attracting players that cost that amount of money isn't going to be easy for a side outside the Prem.

I think we'll see them looking abroad now that most of the exciting young players in the League have their immediate future sorted out or maybe they'll try and get McCleod or Maynard?

That sort of upheaval in a squad will make it hard for them to mount a serious automatic promotion challenge next season regardless of replacements IMO.

I agree. Saying that, if they got £6m for Kamara, what on earth is Curtis Davies worth? Double that?

I have a mate who is a Baggies season ticket holder so by e-mail I hear more about them than any other club at our new level.

Fact is Mowbray hasn't won their fans over, as they didn't achieve their goal despite having the highest wage bill and on paper the best side in The Championship last season. That being the case he is moving those he inherited out, and bringing in ones he's worked with before at Hibs or knows from the SPL, it happens all the time, at all levels of football.

With their parachute payments and the transfer fees they received today like Charlton they won't be too far away and we aren't really competing with them, our league has S****horpe, Blackpool, Barnsley, QPR, Burnley, Plymouth and Colchester in it.

Archived