IGNORED

Going Out In Bristol

StapleHillPhil

Next weekend is my other halfs birthday and by some miracle she has decided she'd like to go to Bristol for the weekend. The bonus is that she has agreed to spend Saturday afternoon shopping which allows me to pop down to The Gate and witness 'The Return of The King'.

Now there is where I need your help.

Where do we stay? I'm not desperate to fork out for a posh hotel but a good quality B&B withing staggering distance of town would be good.

Where to drink? I know where most of the identikit bars are but does the City have any hidden treasures that are worth a visit?

Where to eat? A half decent Italian is also going to be needed unless you can suggest alternatives.

Over to you fine people of the forum and thanks in advance to anybody that replies.

Cheers.

There are a number of budget hotels that are fairly central - Premier Lodge, Travel Lodge, City Inn, Holiday Inn express where I think you normally pay a room rate rather than per person. Think all of them can be booked online.

If you're looking for an Italian , San Carlos on Corn Street is good although more expensive than your average pizza and pasta place.

Guest east_dundry_red

Club wise try chicargo rock good place fo a laugh. though if your into bigger clubs id suggest the Works in Broadmead.

The 2 main places for drinking are Corn Street and the Waterfront so try there.

Where do we stay?  I'm not desperate to fork out for a posh hotel but a good quality B&B withing staggering distance of town would be good.

Give the Brigstow a try. Dead central (Welsh Back) and they have a tv screen mounted in the tiles at the foot of the bath. Tell them you are a business customer and ask for the corporate rate to get the room a bit cheaper. If they ask which company you are working for, just make something up.

Where to eat?  A half decent Italian is also going to be needed unless you can suggest alternatives.

As suggested, San Carlo's does good Italian grub. Last time I was there, Luke Wilkshire was on the table next to me. If it's good enough for him....

My fav spot for an italian has got to be El Botilino's, just by ann summers and debenhams along that row of shops along the main road where which filters off to Old Market, M32 etc (cant remember the name!).

Drinking wise, White Ladies Road or Corn Street all the way!!

Kings, I stayed in Bristol before Christmas and booked a 3* Hotal through Bristol Tourist Board for £45 a night B&B for a double room!! You have to book it through them to get the massive discount.

It was (forgotten the name!!) one next to the Waterfront. oppo that big nightclub and has it's own very busy bar overlooking the marina, someone will know where I mean!!

Excellent value as it is the weekend and they are not too busy.

• Admin
Kings, I stayed in Bristol before Christmas and booked a 3* Hotal through Bristol Tourist Board for £45 a night B&B for a double room!! You have to book it through them to get the massive discount.

It was (forgotten the name!!) one next to the Waterfront. oppo that big nightclub and has it's own very busy bar overlooking the marina, someone will know where I mean!!

Excellent value as it is the weekend and they are not too busy.

Jury's?

Amicis(La trattoria sorrento) not so good these days.try La campanguola round corner in Zetland road.

The strip on whiteladies road has some lively places but most of the clubs are in the meat markets down town.

The thekla is always different for a night out(its a ship).

Renatos by the old vic is good late on for Italian and late drinks. :ph34r:

Just try Corn Street for late night boozers - if it's really rockin' the upstairs floor collapses and you end up in a free bed for the night at the local hospital :ph34r:

Next cheapest is as already suggested, about £40 a room in Travel Inn, Travel Lodge both within easy staggering distance from Corn Street and King Street.

Seriously though, if you are with your good lady, be careful on the center after 2.00am as the nutters will be out and about and looking for trouble - enjoy!!

Archived