IGNORED

Did We Need Another Wide Player

Guest ashtonyate

Guest ashtonyate

After all the dust has settled I am confused by the signing of Mcindoe we have wide players in abundance. Before Mcindoe signing we had Sproule Murrey Betsey Williams Showunmi all wide players now Mcindoe.

Yet we still have not signed a player in the position that we need the most, I know we are given a trial to Finnbogason but he still is very inexperienced and young.

What I also don't understand with Finnbogason is it is well known for weeks now that he was going to have a trial with us yet only one team has tryied him out if he is that hot a property why is that we will wait and see.

But never the less if he is a good signing we still are short of a quality target man hopefully Johnson will address this soon

Well let's hope we can clear up the confusion for you.

We haven't had a left footed left winger capable of putting balls into the box for 3 seasons. We absolutely 100% needed another wide player on that side.

We know that Betsy has been poor so far and Murray is getting on a bit therefore Sproule seems a sensible signing particularly because he has lightning pace.

Neither signing means we can't, won't or aren't trying to sign strikers.

Now that we have two real quality wide players I would say it's pace we need up front first and foremost. A target man would be a nice backup for Brooker but pace is more important at this level.

After all the dust has settled I am confused by the signing of Mcindoe we have wide players in abundance

Yes we do have wide players, but unfortunately the best of them are right footed not left in Murray and Sproule. Then you have lads like Betsy and Showumni who are round pegs in square holes and finally Jennison who undoubtedly is a talent but i don't think hes up to first team status for the championship. I think McIndoe is a brilliant signing and comend GJ for filling a position that has caused many problems in the past couple of seasons.

Guest ashtonyate
Because Betsy is shite.

Denilson

Here to help. :banana:

I do not agree with that I think Betsy and Jevons would benefit from a big target man to play with Betsy to cross to and Jevons for flick ons which both never had anyone to play with up front last term.

Guest ashtonyate
Yes we do have wide players, but unfortunately the best of them are right footed not left in Murray and Sproule. Then you have lads like Betsy and Showumni who are round pegs in square holes and finally Jennison who undoubtedly is a talent but i don't think hes up to first team status for the championship. I think McIndoe is a brilliant signing and comend GJ for filling a position that has caused many problems in the past couple of seasons.

But how many wide players can you play in a team unless he is going to play Mcindoe in midfield and sale Skuse??.

In direct response to your original question : YES. JMW unproven, Wilson not a natural winger, Enoch a striker.Not natural left wingers.

Murray and Betsy are right wingers.Like Nibor states we have been desperate for a real left winger for some time.

McIndoe is class, was IMO the best player in the Wolves team when they lost to WBA in the play-offs last season, along with Keogh(an absolute steal @ £600k).

No-one is disputing that we need strikers, but GJ and your nemesis Lansdown, have bought quality, experience of higher level football and pace in McIndoe and Sproule.

What our team was crying out for, pace and balance.

After all the dust has settled I am confused by the signing of Mcindoe we have wide players in abundance. Before Mcindoe signing we had Sproule Murrey Betsey Williams Showunmi all wide players now Mcindoe.

Yet we still have not signed a player in the position that we need the most, I know we are given a trial to Finnbogason but he still is very inexperienced and young.

What I also don't understand with Finnbogason is it is well known for weeks now that he was going to have a trial with us yet only one team has tryied him out if he is that hot a property why is that we will wait and see.

But never the less if he is a good signing we still are short of a quality target man hopefully Johnson will address this soon

i guess the other guys have summed it up, but the other lefties at the club, macca, jenison and enoch, would rather play in other positions than on the wing.

this guy is a natural leftie playing in a natural position.

I do not agree with that I think Betsy and Jevons would benefit from a big target man to play with Betsy to cross to and Jevons for flick ons which both never had anyone to play with up front last term.

That's the thing though. Alot of fans don't rate Betsy because he can't cross and has no end product. I personally am willing to give Betsy more of a chance now he has time to settle but believe he will be used as back up for Sproule this season.

But how many wide players can you play in a team unless he is going to play Mcindoe in midfield and sale Skuse??.

...........and sell McCombe and play Basso at centre half??!! Sometimes Ashtonyate you do not help yourself! McIndoe is an out and out left winger, Skuse is a box to box midfield player aspiring to be our midfield anchor.Why on earth would you play a winger as your midfield holding player, UNLESS YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL!!

Guest ashtonyate

I don't know about enock not wanting to play on the wing thats where he kept going to last season when he was supposed to be playing in the middle

Guest ashtonyate
...........and sell McCombe and play Basso at centre half??!! Sometimes Ashtonyate you do not help yourself! McIndoe is an out and out left winger, Skuse is a box to box midfield player aspiring to be our midfield anchor.Why on earth would you play a winger as your midfield holding player, UNLESS YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL!!

I understand he also can play in midfield it was just a suggestion why Johnson bought him because you cannot play with two out and out wings in a team at the same time in our position.

thats the one, ye old bristol city mentality of playing players out of position. I love it. Sign an out and out left footed left winger and get the bloke to sit behind the ball and do the donkey work. Great shout if you ask me.

I might be mistaken, but i seem to remember that during benny's tenure, didn't kevin langer/langen get an outing on the left wing?

I think if the opportunity to sign a player the quality of McIndoe a natural left winger then yes i think we do need him! You have to admit that a midfield with Ivan S Johnson Skuse/Noble and McIndoe is pretty impressive with besty and murray as back up!

I have seen many posts on my short time on the forum suggeting that a natural left winger is priority along with a quality striker

I don't know about enock not wanting to play on the wing thats where he kept going to last season when he was supposed to be playing in the middle

good point actually, fair comment. but at the end of the day we've been crying out for a natural left winger for some time.

just think this guy is going to do the job how it's supposed to be done.

I understand he also can play in midfield it was just a suggestion why Johnson bought him because you cannot play with two out and out wings in a team at the same time in our position.

Our position being............?

Why not play two wingers with good pace? Pace scares defenders especially if you're not quick enough.

Yes you can. Particularly if you want to win games. And who knows, he may be looking at one up front and three across the middle anyway.

AY - to turn a phrase around used by someone quite clever - there are left midfield players and players who can play on the left side of midfield - we don't ahve any left midfield players but we do have several who can play in that position but in a team you want everyone to be playing the position they play best and all of our players who can play left midfield play better in other positions e.g. Enoch can play left midfield but is better upfront - JMW can play left midfield but is better up front - Betsy can play left midfield but is better right side etc... etc...

The reason we got a left midfield player is that we didnt have a left midfield player.

AY - to turn a phrase around used by someone quite clever - there are left midfield players and players who can play on the left side of midfield - we don't ahve any left midfield players but we do have several who can play in that position but in a team you want everyone to be playing the position they play best and all of our players who can play left midfield play better in other positions e.g. Enoch can play left midfield but is better upfront - JMW can play left midfield but is better up front - Betsy can play left midfield but is better right side etc... etc...

The reason we got a left midfield player is that we didnt have a left midfield player.

Well said!! If that doesnt get the message across nothing will!!

amazing!

since Aaron Brown left we haven't had a single player at the club who is a natural left winger, the left wing position that quite simply is a tough position to fill for alot of clubs in this country from league 2 to internatinal level for england.

We signed one yesterday, and with all due respect........A BLOODY GOOD ONE!

and still we get Ashtonyate moaning as to why we bothered signing him? it's as if he hasn't seen a single game in the last 3 years.

I despair!

Guest ashtonyate

Can Mcindoe play left Midfield or to put it another way is that his best position when I posted that Johnson might have got him to play in midfield another poster said he was an out and out winger??.

Can Mcindoe play left Midfield or to put it another way is that his best position when I posted that Johnson might have got him to play in midfield another poster said he was an out and out winger??.

He's a left footed left "winger" with pace and skill. But he works his ass off tracking back too. He has the ability and intelligence to generally choose the right option as to when to go and when to stay.

He's not a central midfielder.

its a case of he has a good left foot. plays on the left hand side of the pitch,anywhere ahead of the full back but behind the strikeforce. Hope that clears things up.

We always should look to recruit talented players of Mcindoes ilk.The question though does have legs .Perhaps if GJ knew he was targeting Mcindoe ,you could ask why did he give Murray another year on what will be reasonable wages.3 or 4 of our wide players may not even make the bench.That may lead to some unrest ,and is a waste of wages.However when the opportunity to sign someone like Mcindoe presented itself i'm glad we took it.A very sweet left foot-now we just need a big bruiser to sit in the middle and get on the end of all these crosses.

Guest ashtonyate
its a case of he has a good left foot. plays on the left hand side of the pitch,anywhere ahead of the full back but behind the strikeforce. Hope that clears things up.

This is the post that made me think he was not a midfielder.

Also would he have signed Sproule if he knew he could sign Mcindoe

This is the post that made me think he was not a midfielder.

Also would he have signed Sproule if he knew he could sign Mcindoe

yes, they play on different wings mate.

Guest ashtonyate
really ashtonyate you are a plonker.

Your football knowledge is only seconded by your lack of intelligence.

Coming from Yate surely you should be a Gashead.

Thanks for that from the colonies have a good day

Archived