IGNORED

Remember Gary Reputations Can Be Lost

Guest ashtonyate

Guest ashtonyate

I cannot still believe that we still have not got a central striker this late in proceedings we got lots wide players but still no one in the middle I am amazed at the prospect of us going into the new season with no central striker being signed.

It seems that Finnboggson is not producing the good which I thought may be the case as if he was that good he would been targeted by a bigger club than us still early days but its not looking good for him.

So as my post said in May (It was the night before Christmas) we now are left with the Turkeys which one will Johnson pluck, all this talk about Trundle is Pie in the sky we need a fast hungry target man not an over weight player who better days are over looking for a big pay packet.

As i said Gary Ashton Gate Crowds can turn on a sixpence if thing are not going well be warned.

I cannot still believe that we still have not got a central striker this late in proceedings we got lots wide players but still no one in the middle I am amazed at the prospect of us going into the new season with no central striker being signed.

It seems that Finnboggson is not producing the good which I thought may be the case as if he was that good he would been targeted by a bigger club than us still early days but its not looking good for him.

So as my post said in May (It was the night before Christmas) we now are left with the Turkeys which one will Johnson pluck, all this talk about Trundle is Pie in the sky we need a fast hungry target man not an over weight player who better days are over looking for a big pay packet.

As i said Gary Ashton Gate Crowds can turn on a sixpence if thing are not going well be warned.

Out of interest who would you like gj to sign?

AND are you happy with any signings this year yet?

he said he still wants one or two players, and looking from pre-season are strikers are doing well and want to impress which cant be a bad thing, all these thick ass fans who cant wait piss me off, are you the manager can you find great players for a good price and wages? no!!!!! so let the man do is f,..ing job

Guest ashtonyate
Out of interest who would you like gj to sign?

AND are you happy with any signings this year yet?

It does not matter who I would have signed what matters there have been players sold that would have done the job, With the players signed I would not have signed two wide players we have more than enough to fill that roll one would have been enough

Guest ashtonyate
today's date 18th July

first game - 11th August

ages to go!

ha ha ha people been saying that all close season its coming around and still no player

It does not matter who I would have signed what matters there have been players sold that would have done the job, With the players signed I would not have signed two wide players we have more than enough to fill that roll one would have been enough

Names please....

AshtonYate...come on, lets give the negativity a rest for a while eh? How about you don't post another negative comment regarding signings until the transfer window closes at the end of August. I for one am prepared to wait for the right signing up front, and i still belive we will get our man...in the end.

Guest ashtonyate
Names please....

I will not name a player because them you get silly argument but lets put it another way are you saying no play that has moved clubs since the end of last season would be good enough for us

Guest ashtonyate
AshtonYate...come on, lets give the negativity a rest for a while eh? How about you don't post another negative comment regarding signings until the transfer window closes at the end of August. I for one am prepared to wait for the right signing up front, and i still believe we will get our man...in the end.

Why do you say my post are negative they are the fact of the situation if we don't sign a central striker before the close season we are down even with one I think it will be hard to stay up. Some of the poster on here are living in some sort of dream world about the teams capabilities

Why do you say my post are negative they are the fact of the situation if we don't sign a central striker before the close season we are down even with one I think it will be hard to stay up. Some of the poster on here are living in some sort of dream world about the teams capabilities

you've sorted the problem out there mate. Thats the point people are making, there's still a fair way to go before the window closes. Patience my friend, we've not been disappointed yet this pre season.

he said he still wants one or two players, and looking from pre-season are strikers are doing well and want to impress which cant be a bad thing, all these thick ass fans who cant wait piss me off, are you the manager can you find great players for a good price and wages? no!!!!! so let the man do is f,..ing job

agreed prankerd.....

if things go wrong then its time to complain, but you've got to wait to see, and give GJ a chance,

i still think we'll get the icelander and he'll come good,

o'neil took him to Celtic, and he's not a bad judge of a player.

we've scored 7 times in two friendlies, ok and conceeded five, but we mainly conceeded after playing the change the players game,

but scoring 7 in two games, is not bad, even if as some say on here, they are poor oposition.

but i expect we'll get another multitude of similar posts about players we could have got with a bigger chequebook before the season starts.

and i won't be surprised if GJ anounces another signing when he's back at the weekend.

:englandsmile4wf:

My point is that you always seem to be the eternal pessimist, glass half empty kind of guy. Thats fine, whatever floats your boat, and i agree there are some nieve posters on here on occasion that are looking through rose tinted glasses. All i would ask of yourself is just to sit back and be patient like the most of the rest of us, GJ and co have said there is at least another signing to come, which i belive will be the striker we are longing for.

Can't quite believe I am taking the bait as I'm more and more convinved by the day that you are a gashead on a wind-up but here goes anyway... The club have made it abundantly clear that work is going on behind the scenes to sign players and that we have bids in with clubs. That GJ has been looking at Finnbogasson is demonstrable proof that he feels that we are short on strikers.

We are actively pursuing players - that is a fact.

GJ believes that he is short on at least 1 striker - that is a fact.

But, hey, why let the facts get in the way of a good rant?

So we should only be targeting players who are being targeted by bigger clubs, thereby reducing our chances of actually getting the players to sign for us? Are you utterly immune to the idea that GJ may unearth a player who the bigger clubs haven't targeted or have mistakenly written off? Lita was written off by Chelsea but he didn't do a bad job for us when he was finally given his chance. Andy Cole was allowed to leave for us by Arsenal and he's gone on to win every honour in the game bar a World Cup. Reading found Kevin Doyle a couple of seasons ago when no big clubs were interested. I could go on and on but you know fine well that your argument is utter twaddle.

So as my post said in May (It was the night before Christmas) we now are left with the Turkeys which one will Johnson pluck,

Why, oh why, am I trying to reason with you - you are clearly incapable of doing such a thing. These 'turkeys' to whom you refer got us promoted a few months ago. Nobody is saying that we don't need to add some quality to the squad - GJ and SL are actively trying to do so - but the disdain which you hold for those players is quite astonishing (assuming that you aren't a gashead on a long-term windup).

all this talk about Trundle is Pie in the sky we need a fast hungry target man not an over weight player who better days are over looking for a big pay packet.

Go on, then. Name one. Who would you sign? Really, I would like to know.

As for Trundle, how heavy is he? What is his BMI? How does he fare in beep tests? How does he do in the cross-country? How much body fat is he carrying? Do you have any evidence whatsoever that he is overweight? Any? And how do you know that his better days are behind him? Players these days are very different to what they were 20 years ago in terms of how long they can compete for - how old was McAllister when he had his fantastic season for Liverpool? How can you possibly know that his next 3 or 4 seasons aren't going to be his peak? The truth is that you can't know but I'd sooner trust the judgement of GJ, his scouts and his sports professionals than some bloke from Yate who is on a one man mission to put a negative slant on anything that the club ever does.

I don't think GJ will be particularly trembling if he is unfortunate enough to read this post. Of course crowds can turn, but you turned years ago anyway when you decided that nothing that the club could do was good enough. If GJ ever stops trying to do his job properly and starts trying to keep the likes of you happy instead then it will be a very sad day. Fortunately, that isn't ever going to happen so you may as well resign yourself to the reality that you are never going to be satisfied and leave GJ to get on with signing the players that he wants in peace and quiet.

Ah well, that's 10 minutes of my life that I'll never get back...

• Admin
Can't quite believe I am taking the bait as I'm more and more convinved by the day that you are a gashead on a wind-up but here goes anyway... The club have made it abundantly clear that work is going on behind the scenes to sign players and that we have bids in with clubs. That GJ has been looking at Finnbogasson is demonstrable proof that he feels that we are short on strikers.

We are actively pursuing players - that is a fact.

GJ believes that he is short on at least 1 striker - that is a fact.

But, hey, why let the facts get in the way of a good rant?

So we should only be targeting players who are being targeted by bigger clubs, thereby reducing our chances of actually getting the players to sign for us? Are you utterly immune to the idea that GJ may unearth a player who the bigger clubs haven't targeted or have mistakenly written off? Lita was written off by Chelsea but he didn't do a bad job for us when he was finally given his chance. Andy Cole was allowed to leave for us by Arsenal and he's gone on to win every honour in the game bar a World Cup. Reading found Kevin Doyle a couple of seasons ago when no big clubs were interested. I could go on and on but you know fine well that your argument is utter twaddle.

Why, oh why, am I trying to reason with you - you are clearly incapable of doing such a thing. These 'turkeys' to whom you refer got us promoted a few months ago. Nobody is saying that we don't need to add some quality to the squad - GJ and SL are actively trying to do so - but the disdain which you hold for those players is quite astonishing (assuming that you aren't a gashead on a long-term windup).

Go on, then. Name one. Who would you sign? Really, I would like to know.

As for Trundle, how heavy is he? What is his BMI? How does he fare in beep tests? How does he do in the cross-country? How much body fat is he carrying? Do you have any evidence whatsoever that he is overweight? Any? And how do you know that his better days are behind him? Players these days are very different to what they were 20 years ago in terms of how long they can compete for - how old was McAllister when he had his fantastic season for Liverpool? How can you possibly know that his next 3 or 4 seasons aren't going to be his peak? The truth is that you can't know but I'd sooner trust the judgement of GJ, his scouts and his sports professionals than some bloke from Yate who is on a one man mission to put a negative slant on anything that the club ever does.

I don't think GJ will be particularly trembling if he is unfortunate enough to read this post. Of course crowds can turn, but you turned years ago anyway when you decided that nothing that the club could do was good enough. If GJ ever stops trying to do his job properly and starts trying to keep the likes of you happy instead then it will be a very sad day. Fortunately, that isn't ever going to happen so you may as well resign yourself to the reality that you are never going to be satisfied and leave GJ to get on with signing the players that he wants in peace and quiet.

Ah well, that's 10 minutes of my life that I'll never get back...

I now know what "pwnd" means.

Guest ashtonyate
you've sorted the problem out there mate. Thats the point people are making, there's still a fair way to go before the window closes. Patience my friend, we've not been disappointed yet this pre season.

You may not be disappointed but I am most players that were moving have got there clubs now we are left with paying a big fee to prise away a play or left with unproven players in the Championship which is a big gamble and should have been sorted a long time ago

Guest ashtonyate
1 quick point Ashton Yate - Lee Trundle is not fat - he is a top class professional sportsman playing in this country's third tier of football!

Trundle by name Trundle by nature well he looks big and I am not talking tale

Trundle by name Trundle by nature well he looks big and I am not talking tale

Name one name, who was snapped up by a smaller club, for a reasonable fee, who's guaranteed to score goals in the championship. If you're able to do that, your argument may have some merit.

And you again are not listening, as usual. Do you have to make the same point every week? We sign a new player, you go away for a couple of days then are back banging we're going to sign "Turkeys" drum, despite the fact we haven't signed any that I know of. Perhaps you're referring to GJ's great scouting network, and we might sign some Turkish players.

And i presume you think Henderson, Sproule and McIndoe are "Turkeys"?

Guest ashtonyate
Name one name, who was snapped up by a smaller club, for a reasonable fee, who's guaranteed to score goals in the championship. If you're able to do that, your argument may have some merit.

And you again are not listening, as usual. Do you have to make the same point every week? We sign a new player, you go away for a couple of days then are back banging we're going to sign "Turkeys" drum, despite the fact we haven't signed any that I know of. Perhaps you're referring to GJ's great scouting network, and we might sign some Turkish players.

And i presume you think Henderson, Sproule and McIndoe are "Turkeys"?

What do you call a reasonable fee,Johnson scouting network great we have been looking for the right player now for 9/10 months all these foreign players are gambling like the last time we when up

Oh yeh he's mahooosive isnt he......

_41513428_trundlempix416.jpg

Thats the largest one i could find of him, and if you ask me, hes no bigger than Brooks, just thick set if anything.

Does anyone remember when David Ginola was accused by that brightest of buttons, John Gregory, of being fat? An accusation which led to Ginola peeling off his top soon after to reveal a sculpted torso? All of that muscle bulk probably isn't ideal for stamina but in terms of strength and balance, both of which are cornerstones of Trundle's game, it is just what you need. And besides, if Ginola's is the kind of physique that fat footballers have, I wouldn't mind trading my fat torso for one of theirs - but then, trading my torso for Phil Taylor's would be something of an upgrade.

What do you call a reasonable fee,Johnson scouting network great we have been looking for the right player now for 9/10 months all these foreign players are gambling like the last time we when up

A fee that isn't inflated such as the Varney one.

Stop hiding behind semantics Ashtonyate, just name a forward who you would have signed who we could have signed.

Didn't answer the Turkey question either i see. And why aren't signing English or British players a "gamble"?

Guest ashtonyate
A fee that isn't inflated such as the Varney one.

Stop hiding behind semantics Ashtonyate, just name a forward who you would have signed who we could have signed.

Didn't answer the Turkey question either i see. And why aren't signing English or British players a "gamble"?

Its not me hiding be that big word I think you need to pay the going rate what ever, the fans are made to pay the going rate for there tickets Wigan was made to pay the going rate for Cottrell.

If you can get a player cheap great but quality will pay in the end. As for foreign players they are not use to our game if they have never played here before so it takes a time to settle we need someone who can perform right away we are that poor up front.

As for naming players I will give you the same answer are you saying that none of the player who have moved in the last ten or so months are not good enough, and would not have done the job for us.

Its not me hiding be that big word I think you need to pay the going rate what ever, the fans are made to pay the going rate for there tickets Wigan was made to pay the going rate for Cottrell.

As for naming players I will give you the same answer are you saying that none of the player who have moved in the last ten or so months are not good enough, and would not have done the job for us.

That's not an answer it's a question. But i'll fall into your trap anyway.

I am saying, there is not one striker who we could have signed in this transfer window, that has moved to a smaller or equal standing club for a reasonable fee, that would have guaranteed us goals in this league or even has scored goals in the league below. That's what I'm saying. So in the last ten months I don't think there is a striker who we could reasonably expected to have landed who would have scored much more than our current strikers have.

Who could we have got? Seriously, this is like Paxman vs Howard, answer the question Howard. Which striker could and should we have got?

Archived