IGNORED

How Long Before Gj Goes

Red Robin

After reading the SL story in tonights EP,SL says city should stand on its own feet which as a business man I fully understand.

He has not said he will not spend,however he does not say he will.however he says two more signings will be made before the start of the season.

How ever the stumbleing block here is the MANAGER we have a very very ambitious manager in GJ every thing he has done in football has brought him sucess,here is the problem unless CITY show true ambition and try to establish themselves at the upper reaches of the championship THIS IS MINIMUM GJ STANDARD then are prized asset will be of I'm sure.

SL has undoubted wealth and it is his decision only that will sanction big money arrivals, he has every right to decide that after all it his his money,however if he is not going to release the purse strings then under his tenure BCFC are always going to struggle against the top championship sides PREMIERSHIP this is a dream that is miles and miles away under him.

I have said for a fair few years someone or consourtium wanting to take it by the scruff of the neck could open a pot of gold here within the football world, this part of the country is untapped with top quality football.

We have the manager in place,however he needs a team above him to back him, and take his ambitions on to a higher level before we lose him.

I personally feel he'll try to take us to the top of the championship then jump to a club at the top of the table who are in a much better position financially or are much more ambitious. Much like he did from Yeovil to us.

I see his career mimicking Billy Davies in that respect.

Isn't this just what Ashtonyate basically posted but got completly slated for, just maybe put in less controversial language?

Weather you agree with him or not,alot of what he says is correct,what does concern me is our striker situation,having watched all home games and half the away games last season I am amazed we went up.We are crying out for two quality strikers and the facts are they are still not on board.

GJ must be very twitchey at the moment simply the strikeforce on offer over the season will not be good enough for him,which in turn is going to put him under huge pressure.

Weather you agree with him or not,alot of what he says is correct,what does concern me is our striker situation,having watched all home games and half the away games last season I am amazed we went up.We are crying out for two quality strikers and the facts are they are still not on board.

GJ must be very twitchey at the moment simply the strikeforce on offer over the season will not be good enough for him,which in turn is going to put him under huge pressure.

I didn't say I didn't agree with his last post just some of the language used. I think most people realise we need strikers and with Brooker turning into the Darren Anderton of BCFC that maybe as high as three. However, this is all conjecture as a ball hasn't been kicked and I'm trying to reserve judgement until at least 10 games have been played, the affect of the signings, or lack of, will then be apparent

Well if the "report" in the EP was a rehash of what SL said on BCFC World a few weeks ago (which is my belief) the reporter excluded some vital information for you:

Our wages is likely to double from £2.5m to £5m - yes the season ticket prices went up - If people want me to pay for their football then all well and good but I cant pay for everyone. Me and K Dawe have not taken any money out of this club and we are going to put more money in to the club.

Hate lazy Journos.

After reading the SL story in tonights EP,SL says city should stand on its own feet which as a business man I fully understand.

He has not said he will not spend,however he does not say he will.however he says two more signings will be made before the start of the season.

How ever the stumbleing block here is the MANAGER we have a very very ambitious manager in GJ every thing he has done in football has brought him sucess,here is the problem unless CITY show true ambition and try to establish themselves at the upper reaches of the championship THIS IS MINIMUM GJ STANDARD then are prized asset will be of I'm sure.

SL has undoubted wealth and it is his decision only that will sanction big money arrivals, he has every right to decide that after all it his his money,however if he is not going to release the purse strings then under his tenure BCFC are always going to struggle against the top championship sides PREMIERSHIP this is a dream that is miles and miles away under him.

I have said for a fair few years someone or consourtium wanting to take it by the scruff of the neck could open a pot of gold here within the football world, this part of the country is untapped with top quality football.

We have the manager in place,however he needs a team above him to back him, and take his ambitions on to a higher level before we lose him.

Amition or not, Johnson still has alot to Prove

Well if the "report" in the EP was a rehash of what SL said on BCFC World a few weeks ago (which is my belief) the reporter excluded some vital information for you:

Our wages is likely to double from £2.5m to £5m - yes the season ticket prices went up - If people want me to pay for their football then all well and good but I cant pay for everyone. Me and K Dawe have not taken any money out of this club and we are going to put more money in to the club.

Hate lazy Journos.

Sorry am I missing something here,you say are wages bill will double would you like to make me aware where this is going as we have only signed two players,never are we doubling our current staff wages surley

Sorry am I missing something here,you say are wages bill will double would you like to make me aware where this is going as we have only signed two players,never are we doubling our current staff wages surley

i think all the playing staff will have in their contracts a promotion clause, equating to about 20% pay increase, also several first team players have already agreed new deals recently.

I can agree with most things you say except for GJ has yet to prove himself at this level

I can agree with most things you say except for GJ has yet to prove himself at this level

As far as I'm concerned GJ has done more in two years with BCFC,than the previous 5 managers put together.

The guy has got us up in two years end off.

GJ's next club is Charlton Athletic.. He knows all the board memebers there really well and wants to manage a london club, so if Charlton don't go up this season under Pardew I'm sure Johnson will be there number 1 target.

I hope the chairman has enough vision to give GJ the funds to build a good championship side,he will not be happy surviveing he wants to push on like all good managers do.

GJ will go if he is held back ambitious managers need ambitious directors

I hope the chairman has enough vision to give GJ the funds to build a good championship side,he will not be happy surviveing he wants to push on like all good managers do.

GJ will go if he is held back ambitious managers need ambitious directors

Agreed but I think Lansdown is ambtious and I wouldnt say anything otherwise :laugh::laugh:

I don't think GJ is one of these managers that insists on having shedloads to spend - he's not spent much up to now and seems to like the challenge of finding gems for next to sweet FA and making them stars!

Of course some players you have to play for & SL seems to have done this up to now - would GJ know what to do with millions to spends? same thing with "spit!" hollowhead!

I agree with a lot being said on here, but if the Trundle deal comes off, SL will have spent around 1.5 million on 3 players at approx 500k each. It took a while to get the players in, which I think everyone was starting to get a bit jittery about, but if at the end of last season if I had known we would have these 3 in I would have been quite happy. Obviously it would be nice to be competing for Sharp and Varney, but our squad is stronger with the 3 new guys than if it was just 1 for the same money. I just hope these 3 will work out, cause there are no guarantees, and if they don't we have a real problem. Only time will tell, but if we don't score enough next season and go down, the knives will be out for someone, and I would expect to see more pressure on SL than GJ after the miracles he has performed, especially given SLs deep pockets.

Si.

I think Johnson is a man of integrity, he said he's come here to do a job and will stay (barring, being sacked) untill he's done it!!!

GJ will only be sacked if the board wants a scapegoat,the facts are we are in a position with our chairman and manager to take this club forward big time.

The manager wants to and is aware of the potential,The chairman I believe knows this,however the big stumbleing block is will he release the funds to do this.

If the chairman does his bit,GJ WILL DEFINATLY DO HIS BIT.

We have not had potentionaly a better combination for over 20 years.

before we lose him? hardly imminent is it?

GJ is new to this division, and after spending more money this season than he has probably done in all his seasons at Yeovil, He has now got a team of his players around him, maintaining a good relationship with the dressing room and of course with the fans after winning promotion.

This must be a good environment for GJ to try his hand at managing in a higher division and I wouldn't imagine even generous offers would prize him away in the near future (I remember him turning down Championship teams while at Yeovil)

Our club have been out of the Championship for years and have suffered financially because of it. In my opinion expecting us to be spending big and smashing apart the wage structure would damage the team spirit and togetherness in the squad that GJ has developed.

I'm sure we both remember what happened last time we got promoted and splashed the cash too.

In my opinion, GJ is here to establish City as a Championship club and see if the support from the people of Bristol and the Club is there to take it further. If not, I can see him moving on

this is unless he gets sacked of course

Guest chingfordred
agree but he needs a squad to prove it at present you would say we have one of the worst strike partnerships in the championship.

I'm very very worried about our prosepcts without 2 quality strikers. we have a good side and we will create chances but we need that quality to finsih them off. I just can't see us getting anyobdy in, i feel we have been too slow and Landsdown should put his hand in his pocket and for once pay a little over the odds. Surely we all want top flight football one day but to do that we need somebody who will invest and go the extra mile.

I don't want to knock Steve, he has guided the club to a solid financial position BUT to progress we need to spend £1m plus fees on proven quality.

I'm very very worried about our prosepcts without 2 quality strikers. we have a good side and we will create chances but we need that quality to finsih them off. I just can't see us getting anyobdy in, i feel we have been too slow and Landsdown should put his hand in his pocket and for once pay a little over the odds. Surely we all want top flight football one day but to do that we need somebody who will invest and go the extra mile.

I don't want to knock Steve, he has guided the club to a solid financial position BUT to progress we need to spend £1m plus fees on proven quality.

simple terms unless two quality stikers arrive we are in for one hell of a struggle on last years strikers performace.

yes he has two cracking players on the wings,however you need people in the middle to bang em in.

The alternative is PJ and ES have become twice the players they were when the season ended.

Unless they wrap up Trundle next week,Which I believe will happen,then your concerns are most certainly right.

ES and PJ might have had a good workout against second string latvian sides,the likes of Robbie Fowler,Billy Sharp etc in the championship is a different kettle of fish.

Unless CITY pull of a couple of quality strikers in the next couple of weeks GJ will be a little miffed I'm sure.

The thing is as I see it, is where ambitious chairman like your Jack Walkers, and Dave Whelan throw millions of their own cash at their clubs, unfortunately our chairman doesn't have the same burning desire, to throw his own personal wealth at the club.

It's his decision, and until someone does throw millions at the club, we can't begin to compete with the top end.

Sad but true.

The thing is as I see it, is where ambitious chairman like your Jack Walkers, and Dave Whelan throw millions of their own cash at their clubs, unfortunately our chairman doesn't have the same burning desire, to throw his own personal wealth at the club.

It's his decision, and until someone does throw millions at the club, we can't begin to compete with the top end.

Sad but true.

unfortunatly this is why city have been bumming along for over 20 years,it is sad,as said previously potentially the manager and chairman are a match for any in this division I just feel our manger is more ambitious than the chairman.

The problem with football is that it's a non functioning market. It's a oligypoly market runned by few small men with big wallets destroying football playing with their personal toy - a selfowned football club. Steve Lansdowns company hire the best people around but the money they get is peanuts compared to what footballers get.

For what reason? How many people under the age of ten are actually starving to death each single day while they are playing with their toys? Doubt they can sleep at night. Thankfully we have Steve Lansdown and not some Mr Big Mac.

Perhaps I've missed something , please tell me when SL has ever denied our Manager (whether Wilson , Tinnion or Johnson) money to buy players or pay their wages ? Seems to me he's bent over backwards to get deals done and if some of those bought didn't turn out that great thats down to the Manager who wanted them , not SL.

On a seperate point please don't tell me Ashtonyate speaks sense. Twice I've asked him on this site if he's Gas (yes or no) and neither time has he answered. He's a gashead.

Last point , SL saids there are two more to come , if thats the case one has to be a forward as all other positions are effectively double booked other than possibly Left back (espeically now Fontaine is injured). In addition Plummer joining the first team squad is like a new signing and maybe another Leeeeeroy in the making.

Perhaps I've missed something , please tell me when SL has ever denied our Manager (whether Wilson , Tinnion or Johnson) money to buy players or pay their wages ? Seems to me he's bent over backwards to get deals done and if some of those bought didn't turn out that great thats down to the Manager who wanted them , not SL.

On a seperate point please don't tell me Ashtonyate speaks sense. Twice I've asked him on this site if he's Gas (yes or no) and neither time has he answered. He's a gashead.

Last point , SL saids there are two more to come , if thats the case one has to be a forward as all other positions are effectively double booked other than possibly Left back (espeically now Fontaine is injured). In addition Plummer joining the first team squad is like a new signing and maybe another Leeeeeroy in the making.

As said in previou posts,SL is the only guy who will release his funds,and yes that is down to him and him alone,however where is the 3 mllion quid gone for LL and DC this certainly up to know has not been spent on players of that calibre.

SL will never ell you or I what his cap is on players,so none of us really know how many signings we could have had if we pushed the boa out a little.

The Directors will only tell you what they want you hear.

The thing is, with the undisclosed fees we have absolutely no idea how much we've spent already or have bid for players.

I speculate that we've spent for Sproule and McIndoe and offered for Trundle around £1.7 million in total. Is that enough ambition?

Archived