IGNORED

How Long Before Gj Goes

Red Robin

As said in previou posts,SL is the only guy who will release his funds,and yes that is down to him and him alone,however where is the 3 mllion quid gone for LL and DC this certainly up to know has not been spent on players of that calibre.

SL will never ell you or I what his cap is on players,so none of us really know how many signings we could have had if we pushed the boa out a little.

The Directors will only tell you what they want you hear.

And he would be a proper twit if he did otherwise everyone he tried to sign would know our top offer/wage before he started negotiations and all the existing players would be after a rise to that figure to.

As to the £3 mill , thats obvious , look at the Accounts. Equally even if there is money to spend theres no point spending it unless it brings in better players who's present club is prepared to sell at that price and who are prepared to come here.

I can agree with most things you say except for GJ has yet to prove himself at this level

Why? Can you outline what GJ has acheived in The Championship, as a manager.

As far as I'm concerned GJ has done more in two years with BCFC,than the previous 5 managers put together.

That doesn't say much

The guy has got us up in two years end off.

In about two seasons and he jst succeeded where Wilson, just failed, twice

The thing is, with the undisclosed fees we have absolutely no idea how much we've spent already or have bid for players.

I speculate that we've spent for Sproule and McIndoe and offered for Trundle around £1.7 million in total. Is that enough ambition?

Not really.We have an exceptionally wealthy Chairman. I would think SL has around £80m worth of cash never mind assets.We........sorry, he, could go out tomorrow and sign Webber & McCleod for around £3m plus about £6kpw each in wages.He could have bought Leon Best & DJ Cambell in the same way Majdeski bought LL.

I reckon your guess is off by about £3/400k in total however, as you say, we can all speculate.SL can afford it and is probably far wealthier than Mandaric.He has said he won't and that is his prerogative.However, we have a shrinking market of available players and that won't decrease their value.

I reckon the price of players and the wages has shocked GJ & SL and I'll be delighted & surprised if we sign one, never mind two quality strikers by 11th.

I'm not asking someone to give up his money at the detrement of his family.I'm suggesting we speculate to accumulate and with promotion to the Premiership offering about £60m minimum over three seasons......and that's if you fail......two strikers seems like a gamble worth taking with a minimum risk for such a wealthy individual.

Not really.We have an exceptionally wealthy Chairman. I would think SL has around £80m worth of cash never mind assets.We........sorry, he, could go out tomorrow and sign Webber & McCleod for around £3m plus about £6kpw each in wages.He could have bought Leon Best & DJ Cambell in the same way Majdeski bought LL.

I reckon your guess is off by about £3/400k in total however, as you say, we can all speculate.SL can afford it and is probably far wealthier than Mandaric.He has said he won't and that is his prerogative.However, we have a shrinking market of available players and that won't decrease their value.

I reckon the price of players and the wages has shocked GJ & SL and I'll be delighted & surprised if we sign one, never mind two quality strikers by 11th.

I'm not asking someone to give up his money at the detrement of his family.I'm suggesting we speculate to accumulate and with promotion to the Premiership offering about £60m minimum over three seasons......and that's if you fail......two strikers seems like a gamble worth taking with a minimum risk for such a wealthy individual.

God, I need a sit down. I actually totally agree with you.

I understand where he is coming with the standing on our own two foot. But I hardly think pushing the boat out for one of the target Bristol Boy mentioned would break City's bank or SL.

As to the £3 mill , thats obvious , look at the Accounts. Equally even if there is money to spend theres no point spending it unless it brings in better players who's present club is prepared to sell at that price and who are prepared to come here.

And that won't happen unless they consider the deal is right for them and their player views us as an ambitious club on the way up.Making the kind of statement that was rehashed in the EP is hardly going to excite our fans or our targets.We didn't complain about an inflated transfer market when we flogged Cotterill for £2m and that's not a bad benchmark for the type pf player we're looking for now.

God, I need a sit down. I actually totally agree with you.

Glad to see you're getting the hang of it :D

I understand where he is coming with the standing on our own two foot. But I hardly think pushing the boat out for one of the target Bristol Boy mentioned would break City's bank or SL.

Signing both wouldn't dent his interest, never mind his overall wealth.Like I said, it's more of a calculated risk than an outright gamble and that, like it or not ar what Chairman/owners are for.

Agree.

Whether the signing is right or now, Colchester are realising they need a player and going that extra bit further to pay the wages. Also Forest are watching their ambition with money. About time we did the same eh?

But Forest failed, surely they show the exact example of why spending money doesn't = success.

I do essentially agree with the sentiment that at some point we have to start to buy these 2 million players. I just disagree that that time is now. I think it's when we're established as a championship club.

Because then that's A) When these players will actually be interested in joining us for starters. We can all sit around and say we should buy them when they're not going to come here. Ashtonyate is fond of that trick.

B) When GJ will actually be comfortable with parting with that amount of cash for a player. He seems very cautious with the players he buys, and he seems genuine about taking us up the league in the right manner.

C) When we are very confident about not going down and getting stuck there for another 8 years.

A question Bristol Boy; You say speculate to accumulate but would Steve Lansdown ever get his money back if we don't make the top five? Reaching the Premiership will mean even higher sallaries and only to stay at top he should have to put in more money.

Cheers

Tommy

But Forest failed, surely they show the exact example of why spending money doesn't = success.

That was partly because the manager is a class A c*ock. They spent big on signing Tyson and Holt and I think most Forest would say good signings. However I was refering to the signing of Cohen and Davies.

I do essentially agree with the sentiment that at some point we have to start to buy these 2 million players. I just disagree that that time is now. I think it's when we're established as a championship club.

Because then that's A) When these players will actually be interested in joining us for starters. We can all sit around and say we should buy them when they're not going to come here. Ashtonyate is fond of that trick.

B) When GJ will actually be comfortable with parting with that amount of cash for a player. He seems very cautious with the players he buys, and he seems genuine about taking us up the league in the right manner.

C) When we are very confident about not going down and getting stuck there for another 8 years.

I really don't see whats wrong with SL saying "Ok, we need a quailty striker, so heres 700k-1.5mil go buy Tyson/Best/McCleod/Webber."

It would be a far bigger diaster if we don't go and buy a good striker and get relegated. How many of those 9 200/close to 10k season ticket holders would pay the same money again?

Amition or not, Johnson still has alot to Prove

So what is it you want him to prove?

He's proved that he's better than the previous managers, since Wardy, who also got us promoted to the second tier.

I can only assume that you need him to prove that he's on a par with Alan Dicks, who got us promoted to the top tier?

So what is it you want him to prove?

He's proved that he's better than the previous managers, since Wardy, who also got us promoted to the second tier.

I can only assume that you need him to prove that he's on a par with Alan Dicks, who got us promoted to the top tier?

Alan Dicks at present in my lifetime is the top man,GJ and SL could put us where WE WERE UNDER AD playing the likes of MAN UTD,LIVERPOOL,ARSENAL etc to full houses,seeing city take 4000+ away fans to big premiership sides most weeks.

I would love to seethis once again.

Bring it on.

Archived