IGNORED

Trundle Not For Sale

Roberto Issues Hands Off Warning To Bristol City

By Phil Sumbler

Date: 20/7/2007

Not surprisingly Roberto Martinez has declared that his leading scorer Lee Trundle is not for sale despite growing speculation that Bristol City are making ever increasing bids for the striker.

quoted from "jackarmy.net"

By Phil Sumbler

Not surprisingly Roberto Martinez has declared that his leading scorer Lee Trundle is not for sale despite growing speculation that Bristol City are making ever increasing bids for the striker.

quoted from "jackarmy.net"

Every player has a price

don't forget Swansea have bought in about five new strikers

he will probably face more competition for a first team place

at Swans than he would at City.

They say a mans ambition can often be measured by the woman pushing him, he wasn't married in those days.

In that case, it must be David Beckham to be the next England Manager, the next man on the moon and the next President of the USA!!

Being a tad cynical about Mr L and his methods, I might suggest going 'public' to the EP was a way of saying 'look everyone, look what we're trying to do' whilst at the same time he knowing we won't get the lad. An easy trick to get the fans onside.

Personally I not bothered to miss out on a 30 year old egotist, (he did a deal for his image rights and has his own range of clothing, ahem!)

and as mentioned he's happy to be a big frog in a fetid little swamp.

We ought to be trying the Andy Cole method, looking for youngsters who are champing on the bit in the reserves at a bigger club, but that requires an ability to actually spot proper talent.

By Phil Sumbler

If i were him I'd stop giving trials to and signing strikers then!

Oh and handing him the captaincy in his last game for Swansea might not have helped either.

They look to be preparing for him to leave from the outside.

How is everyone?

Below I shall insert a link which doesn't say that Trundle is staying indefinitely, but it does say, that it is almost a certainty that Lee Trundle will be wearing a Swansea City jersey come August the 11th at Oldham.

It is still a possibility that he will sign for Bristol City but it looks unlikely.

All the best, beat the bluebirds, meet you up there 2008/09

Swanseajacko

AKA BASEMENTJAXX

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/displayN...;pNodeId=161418

If i were him I'd stop giving trials to and signing strikers then!

Oh and handing him the captaincy in his last game for Swansea might not have helped either.

They look to be preparing for him to leave from the outside.

We have 4 strikers, LEE TRUNDLE, DARRYL DUFFY, JASON SCOTLAND, GUILLEM BAUZA MAYOL & IBRAHIMA THIAM on trial

It is unlikely that Ibrahima will sign!

How is everyone?

Below I shall insert a link which doesn't say that Trundle is staying indefinitely, but it does say, that it is almost a certainty that Lee Trundle will be wearing a Swansea City jersey come August the 11th at Oldham.

It is still a possibility that he will sign for Bristol City but it looks unlikely.

All the best, beat the bluebirds, meet you up there 2008/09

Swanseajacko

AKA BASEMENTJAXX

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/displayN...;pNodeId=161418

Well that looks as if its over then

Guest chingfordred

What a load of crap from people on here all this done deal rubbish. really annoys me. if anyone knows anything for concrete then put it on but if not why bother, you just build up peoples hopes and let them down.

Huw Jenkins clearly states Trundle is not for sale so that is the end of it. Am very disappointed but we must move on. If only Steve could go that little extra mile sometimes. Oh well.

Cant really think of anyone else who'd do a job.

Guest chingfordred
What a load of crap from people on here all this done deal rubbish. really annoys me. if anyone knows anything for concrete then put it on but if not why bother, you just build up peoples hopes and let them down.

Huw Jenkins clearly states Trundle is not for sale so that is the end of it. Am very disappointed but we must move on. If only Steve could go that little extra mile sometimes. Oh well.

Cant really think of anyone else who'd do a job.

PS: Should have offered Jevons and Partirdge plus a hefty fee.

Please. If you're silly enough to build your hopes up over rumours on the internet then perhaps that's your own fault. The fact that we were making serious bids for Trundle proves that what MOST people posted wasn't a load of crap at all.

I'm glad we have't agreed to pay Swansea's obscene 7 figure asking price for a 30 year old who hasn't done it outside league one. I'm just concerned that this deal might not actually be dead. I am sure GJ has more targets on his list, I hope he moves onto them.

Erm... since when has the chairman and manager of a club coming out and saying a player isn't for sale held any weight?

It means jack sh!t.

The key is convincing the player to move. Trundle has so far said nothing, and to me that means discussions with BCFC, Trundle and his agent have been positive.

Someone above rightly pointed out the power of the footballers' WAGS these days. Swansea is a bit of an out post (arse end of the UK if you like) and so is it possible that his missus would prefer to be a bit closer to the centre of the UK ie London? 1hr 20 mins in 1st class on the train.

I think ultimately the decision is down to Trundle, player power these days and all that, if he wants to sign for us, I'm sure a reasonable fee would be agreed and he will come. If he doesnt want to sign thats the end of it.

Archived