IGNORED

If We Don't Sign Trundle

Bristol Boy

Hopefully goals have already been added to the team in the form of Sproule and McIndoe.

As for a striker...I'm completely disillushioned by the cash being spent this summer in the Prem and Championship. Our only hope is surely a signing from Europe or another raid on Scotland. Even Premiership rejects/youngsters appear to be beyond our reaches in terms of fees/wages.

What happened to the Polish striker?

Price Bracket - between 300k and 700k no higher cus 'we have to stand on our own town feet'

Available - From Notts Forrest - Naython Tyson - Is better than leauge 1 in my opninion

As is Grant Holt.. watch this space

Was going to post something really good, then your sig. picture distracted me somewhat, who is she, and does she know that her pants are nearly on show!

I'me sure BB has his list ready, having asked us the question, but I think we need to look at GJ's selections.

This year he has bid on Holt and Pospisil, accepted by the clubs, rejected by the players. Holts wife was about to have a baby, and Pospisil wanted an exit clause in the event we missed promotion. I have no problem with either of those attitudes.

Holt seems to have sorted out his Calderwood problem with a face to face.

Pospisil meanwhile, has mentioned that his agent said all was quiet. Then in the past week, Pospisil rattles the cage, with a public critique of Hearts pre season training method.

What better way to let other clubs know, " hey I'me here ", and to upset the highly upsettable Hearts heirarchy. Sounds like please come and get me. Back to January. Hearts accepted our bid, and Pospisil accepted terms and said he was "flattered by our offer ". He just did not want to risk being stuck in the old third division. I love that sentiment !

Thats a start, I am sure you guys/gals will come up with others. Then we have SL saying we have bids out on 3 other players ?

I'me sure BB has his list ready, having asked us the question, but I think we need to look at GJ's selections.

This year he has bid on Holt and Pospisil, accepted by the clubs, rejected by the players. Holts wife was about to have a baby, and Pospisil wanted an exit clause in the event we missed promotion. I have no problem with either of those attitudes.

Holt seems to have sorted out his Calderwood problem with a face to face.

Pospisil meanwhile, has mentioned that his agent said all was quiet. Then in the past week, Pospisil rattles the cage, with a public critique of Hearts pre season training method.

What better way to let other clubs know, " hey I'me here ", and to upset the highly upsettable Hearts heirarchy. Sounds like please come and get me. Back to January. Hearts accepted our bid, and Pospisil accepted terms and said he was "flattered by our offer ". He just did not want to risk being stuck in the old third division. I love that sentiment !

Thats a start, I am sure you guys/gals will come up with others. Then we have SL saying we have bids out on 3 other players ?

Yeah but, I'm sure that Shakira chick could do a job for us.

I believe two of those bids are finalised, the other is Trundle and still believe there is mileage. Don't think he'll come in the end.

I'd be back for Pospisil and be looking for another as well. Pospisilisn't expensive fee wise, and it looks like we could offer him acceptable wagesin League 1. Therefore there should be enough in the pot for one other it's just finding acceptable quality at acceptable money and for that we need to be in Eastern Europe.

I believe two of those bids are finalised, the other is Trundle and still believe there is mileage. Don't think he'll come in the end.

I'd be back for Pospisil and be looking for another as well. Pospisilisn't expensive fee wise, and it looks like we could offer him acceptable wagesin League 1. Therefore there should be enough in the pot for one other it's just finding acceptable quality at acceptable money and for that we need to be in Eastern Europe.

Just an aside on Trundle. Let us assume we are contemplating a 500k bid. After 2 years he will be 33 and start slowing down, as some suggest he already has. We would be unlikely to get our up front money in return. Then there's his salary, at least 350k a year. His purchase price spread over 2 years would be 250k a year + 350k his wage = 600k a year.

Now that works out to 12,000 a week, is he worth that much or more.

Enquire about getting Cotterill back from Wigan possibly permanently for £1M, or on loan.

Maynard at Crewe is still a very good prospect.

? availability of Fryatt at Leicester after their influx of players.

Can't see Crewe letting Maynard go after selling Varney for £2M.

Fryatt is a very good shout, as Leicester are seemingly buying everyone else.

I mentioned Jay Bothroyd on Rivals, following the arrival of Eastwood and Elliott and with Keogh already there, he'll be 4th choice at Wolves next season at best, he's only 25, has scored in The Prem and Serie A......

Pospisil is a weird one, GJ wanted him in Jan, but he's been given the number 9 shirt at Hearts and was first choice throughout their pre season tour, but he is clearly not a happy bunny.

As Chesh says Eastern Europe is where the value for money is, the Latvian lad Karlssons that we were linked with may be in GJ's thoughts.

Todays' Evening Post reports that Brooker won't be fit to start the season, if Trundle isn't coming, I reckon we need two new strikers in now.

Some excellent names have already cropped up:

Bothroyd - would be my prefered choice, he is a class act.

Maynard - Quality young striker, prob too much for us at £1.5/2m. This boy will play in the Premiership.

Beckford - £250,000 could prove money well spent for this tough target man

Other possibles from other Championship clubs would be:

Dextor Blackstock - QPR could be tempted to sell

Rory Fallon - at Plymouth, another cheaper option target man at £300,000

Two others probably too expensive at around £1/1.5m would be:

McCleod- MK Dons

Webber - Sheff Utd

Whitchurch Red

Bothroyd - would be my prefered choice, he is a class act. Questionable motivation and very lazy. GJ won't put up with that.

Maynard - Quality young striker, prob too much for us at £1.5/2m. This boy will play in the Premiership. He's better than Luke Varney so god knows what they'd want for him!

Beckford - £250,000 could prove money well spent for this tough target man. He'll cost alot more than that, Leeds want to keep him now.

Dextor Blackstock - QPR could be tempted to sell I can't see why they would, or need to after Lee Cooks sale.

Rory Fallon - at Plymouth, another cheaper option target man at £300,000 Oh god no! He's had one good season at Swindon and somehow people have been desperate enough to get him to the championship. However, i think it's the most likely.

McCleod- MK Dons He's got a worse disciplinary record than Ivan Sproule! I think he'd do the business actually, but not for more than a million!

Webber - Sheff Utd Can't see him wanting to come or Sheffield selling him either.

Whitchurch Red

I think they only sensible (it's not even that sensible) and realistic options that i can see after Trundle from this country would be to overpay for McCleod or Maynard. We haven't seen GJ need to get desperate before and have money so we''ll see if we resort to overpaying for very good young players.

Still hopeful on Trundle though.

Nathan Tyson?

Injured again and will miss the start of the season.

Hopefully goals have already been added to the team in the form of Sproule and McIndoe.

Agreed but IS may miss our first four games which won't exactly improve his fitness and sharpness.

As for a striker...I'm completely disillushioned by the cash being spent this summer in the Prem and Championship. Our only hope is surely a signing from Europe or another raid on Scotland. Even Premiership rejects/youngsters appear to be beyond our reaches in terms of fees/wages.

The market place will dictate.Simple as that.Parachure payments are a lifeline for clubs who overstretch themselves financially,in fact, it encouraes them to do it.The are an out and out curse for the other Championship clubs and will create a "Prem 2" if they haven't already.SL & GJ have also been surprised by the fees/wages......and that's worrying.

What happened to the Polish striker?

Doesn't do trials

Enquire about getting Cotterill back from Wigan possibly permanently for £1M, or on loan.

Agree as a pacy central striker-Now for the target man type that GJ wants.

Maynard at Crewe is still a very good prospect.

Agree but I can't see up stumping up the fee and he's another in the "pacy" bracket

? availability of Fryatt at Leicester after their influx of players.

Could be worth a punt

As stated in another thread we should hijack the Beckford deal! at £250k he would be a snip IMO.

At £250k it may be a gamble worth taking and so might Constantine

Can't see Crewe letting Maynard go after selling Varney for £2M.

Agreed

Fryatt is a very good shout, as Leicester are seemingly buying everyone else.

12 so far!

I mentioned Jay Bothroyd on Rivals, following the arrival of Eastwood and Elliott and with Keogh already there, he'll be 4th choice at Wolves next season at best, he's only 25, has scored in The Prem and Serie A......

Quality player on his day but he never seems to stay anywhere five minutes

Pospisil is a weird one, GJ wanted him in Jan, but he's been given the number 9 shirt at Hearts and was first choice throughout their pre season tour, but he is clearly not a happy bunny.

As Chesh says Eastern Europe is where the value for money is, the Latvian lad Karlssons that we were linked with may be in GJ's thoughts.

As has been said Pospisil was affordable and would probably jump at the chance now, even if he insisted on a clause regarding relegation.

Todays' Evening Post reports that Brooker won't be fit to start the season, if Trundle isn't coming, I reckon we need two new strikers in now.

Totally agree-Quite worrying on both counts-Brooker & Signings

Bothroyd - would be my prefered choice, he is a class act.

And GJ's Mick McArthys mate!

Maynard - Quality young striker, prob too much for us at £1.5/2m. This boy will play in the Premiership.

I think so to but I can't see SL parting with the cash

Beckford - £250,000 could prove money well spent for this tough target man.

Both he or Constantine would be OK as a gamble and a lump up front and they could surprises a few people as Iwulemo did last season.Colchester have signed Kevin Lisbie and he could do well for them

Dextor Blackstock - QPR could be tempted to sell

Rory Fallon - at Plymouth, another cheaper option target man at £300,000.

I don't really fancy either of them although Fallon is a decent target man who has only just moved.

McCleod- MK Dons

Webber - Sheff Utd

Great shouts and I wonder what the reaction would be if we signed both-Now that would show fantastic ambition.The sad things is that SL could afford it and two signings like that would put bums on seats and give us a great chance of making the play offs at least.

Whitchurch Red

Richard Cresswell - still at Leeds?

Ben Sahar from Chelsea - I presume Chelsea would want him to be trained and coached properly with Millen and GJ both holding high qualifications - might sway him to us rather than say QPR (John Gregory - wouldnt want him to be subjected to that) or Watford (will he get a chance with pressure of trying to get back into premiership - Boothroyd will go for experience over a loanee?)

Cresswell Trundle Sahar - any 2 from 3 !

In the UK:

Maynard if we're prepared to push the boat out on the fee and try to unsettle the player.

Bothroyd or Fryatt is possible I guess now their clubs have signed everyone under the sun.

Pospisil perhaps though I would think if GJ wanted him he'd have signed him by now.

Non starters:

Porter signed for Motherwell

Constantine is a non starter I hope because he is truly awful.

Holt is now settled at Forest.

Tyson is settled at Forest and they won't sell other than for stupid money.

Frankly I think we're going to find ourselves signing strikers from Europe we've never heard of.

Guest ashtonyate
In the UK:

Maynard if we're prepared to push the boat out on the fee and try to unsettle the player.

Bothroyd or Fryatt is possible I guess now their clubs have signed everyone under the sun.

Pospisil perhaps though I would think if GJ wanted him he'd have signed him by now.

Non starters:

Porter signed for Motherwell

Constantine is a non starter I hope because he is truly awful.

Holt is now settled at Forest.

Tyson is settled at Forest and they won't sell other than for stupid money.

Frankly I think we're going to find ourselves signing strikers from Europe we've never heard of.

post-1880-1185030349.gif

post-1880-1185030381.gif

Archived