IGNORED

If We Don't Sign Trundle

Bristol Boy

So you're an artist as well as a piss artist now?

Names names Ashtonyate, which striker have we missed out on that we could have and should have signed?

He's done that after i pushed him. He reckons Sharp and Eastman (Eastwood to you and me)

There was no comeback after questioning why they would choose us over Sheffield United and Wolves respectively.

Edit - New (old) name to suggest for signing. Screw it, let's just get Smith back.

He can't score any less goals than he did last season and i assume still has the ability to run around alot and work hard. So why not?

Seriously, if we sign another striker we might as well get him to be another body in the squad who we at least know conforms to GJ's playing philosophy even if he's not got the ability.

Ok here are some options i would love to see at the gate...

1 - Izale McLoed (MK Dons) Would cost around 1.5 million so probably just outside of our remaingin budget however a great investment for the future...

2 - Tim Janssen (RKC Waalwijk) Young dutch striker only 21 and scored 9 goals in his first proper season in the top dutch league. However has potential and likes to score goals full stop. A long shot however we might be able to prize him away for under 1 million...

3 - Phil Marsh (Free - formerly of man utd) don't know much about him but id like to see us give him a trial... Only 20 and has played for Man U reserves

4 - Dong Fangzhuo or Rossi (Man Utd) Both are great players and would be a benefit to our squad and starting 11. Only a season long loan would suit us though and i doubt united aould let them come for even just one month.

just some thoughts...

I think a Boothroyd would be an excellent signing but unsure Wolves would let him go.

Izale McLeod again would be v.good at this level (a little like Lita in more ways than one), but will we stretch to th £1m figure.

Very simply put, if the market dicates that the players we need are £1/1.5m then that's what we'll need to pay to obtain them.

If we aren't prepared to pay it then, as others have said and as has been rumored we need to go abroad-Point being that whatever we do, it'll need to be done in the next 7/10 days.

Whilst the club can't afford it, our owner can.

As I have mentioned in a similar post, I think a loan signing, especially now with the clock ticking is a the best bet in my opinion.

I can't see 1-1.5 million suddenly being splashed (although I remain hopeful), a season long deal for a hungry young striker from the Premiership has every chance of paying dividends for us, I have many friends in Newcastle who go to reserve games and they rate Andy Carroll highly, anyone else heard of him?

Ok here are some options i would love to see at the gate...

3 - Phil Marsh (Free - formerly of man utd) don't know much about him but id like to see us give him a trial... Only 20 and has played for Man U reserves

He started off a striker and played for Utd reserves as a defender - being linked to some scottish clubs (not any of the top 5 clubs there).

Porter signed for Motherwell, a few weeks back.

I think Poposil move is still on the cards, how good have SL and GJ been so far with keeping the signings quiet?!

How do you rate Posposil compared to Trundle? For example if we don't get Trundles would you be less or more happy with Pospos??

As I have mentioned in a similar post, I think a loan signing, especially now with the clock ticking is a the best bet in my opinion.

I can't see 1-1.5 million suddenly being splashed (although I remain hopeful), a season long deal for a hungry young striker from the Premiership has every chance of paying dividends for us, I have many friends in Newcastle who go to reserve games and they rate Andy Carroll highly, anyone else heard of him?

Recently signed an extended contract but a good shout for a season long loan

How do you rate Posposil compared to Trundle? For example if we don't get Trundles would you be less or more happy with Pospos??

The issue is about "type" of player.Pospisil is more pacy and more of a fox in the box than Trundle.GJ obviously wants a player who can hold it up and with SB out and ES injury prone we need cover.In fact, we need both types of player especially if we're going 4-4-2 at home.

Matt Derbyshire from Blackburn, would do an excellent job for us

Very likely to do an excellent job for them as well! Love to see it but unless Blackburn sign a couple of top class strikers then it wouldn't happen, IMHO

Sensible answers only please..

Who's left, that's

• In our price bracket
  • Available
  • Would Join
    • Is better than what we have

Sad thing is, of all the names bandied around on this forum, in the media etc we still haven't got anybody in and it's bordering on panic stations now IMHO. The only person I can think of who's attainable and would add to the strikers we already have is Izale McLeod but it's strongly rumoured he's going to become Charlton's 15th striker next week.

I know GJ doesn't seem to be a fan of the season long loan idea, but I would suggest that we sign someone from a Premiership club in that sort of arrangement. Save the money in fee's and give it to someone in wages. If we could pull off a major coup like Birmingham did in signing Nicholas Bendtner on the eve of last season then I'd be very happy. Maybe we could land someone like Luke Moore or Danny Sturridge maybe :dunno:

I've noted with interest that Bradley Wright-Phillips have slipped right down the pecking order at Southampton, maybe he could be a target...

Archived