IGNORED

Fowler

farmeronecow

just watched him on sky sports news being unvieled as a cardiff city player.

not sure how this will go down, but cant help but feel a little bit jealous myself. would of loved to of seen him in a Bristol city shirt.

does the question of ambition come into it anywhere ?

there chairman was saying its not the money that matters when they sell it's how they use it.

today shows how they are using it

how about you guys ? what do you think ?

I know what you are saying, good 'ol bums on seats factor, but I have just watched GJ on world. He has a message on a poster saying 'If you want to motivate players , get players who can be motivated'.

I'm not sure what motivates players like Fowler who have seen it all and done it all. Ok he wants to play as long as possible but what ambition is there for him in his position?

I know what you are saying, good 'ol bums on seats factor, but I have just watched GJ on world. He has a message on a poster saying 'If you want to motivate players , get players who can be motivated'.

I'm not sure what motivates players like Fowler who have seen it all and done it all. Ok he wants to play as long as possible but what ambition is there for him in his position?

High Profile Player + Desperate Club + High Roller Chairman = High Wages = Massive Risk

Fowler was finished when he left Liverpool the first time.

Leeds was a mistake, he was awful at Man City and scored a few goals when motivated playing for the club he loves again.

There is nothing there from him to offer Cardiff, he has nothing to prove and is getting old now I'm afraid.

I want us to be signing young, hungry players who will chase every ball - not an overpaid, overweight scouser.

Fowler was finished when he left Liverpool the first time.

Leeds was a mistake, he was awful at Man City and scored a few goals when motivated playing for the club he loves again.

There is nothing there from him to offer Cardiff, he has nothing to prove and is getting old now I'm afraid.

I want us to be signing young, hungry players who will chase every ball - not an overpaid, overweight scouser.

Well, time will tell with Fowler. I'm confident he will do a job for Cardiff. Besides that, this is the strongest squad assembled by Cardiff that I can remember, and we havent finished yet. So desparate club was way off the mark! Looking at the posts on this board, I would say you have a few more purchases to make yet yourselves........

Well, time will tell with Fowler. I'm confident he will do a job for Cardiff. Besides that, this is the strongest squad assembled by Cardiff that I can remember, and we havent finished yet. So desparate club was way off the mark! Looking at the posts on this board, I would say you have a few more purchases to make yet yourselves........

Yeah we do have a few more to go....but they won't be on £25,000 a week....!!!

(Or fat ugly scousers.....god I hope we don't sign Trundle having said that.... :noexpression: )

Well, time will tell with Fowler. I'm confident he will do a job for Cardiff.

A part time job most likely.

Besides that, this is the strongest squad assembled by Cardiff that I can remember, and we havent finished yet. So desparate club was way off the mark!

Nothing like blind faith. Your squad was far stronger when it had players like Earnshaw, Kavanagh and Gabbidon in it but you had to sell those because of Hamman's gambles failing. Now you're doing the same thing over and not realising it.

Cardiff are desperate because they're now seeing that even when they're several points clear in the title race there's only a limited support for them and the stadium will end up being a millstone of debt around the club because of it. They're desperate to get into the Premiership because if they don't, the only future they have involves administrators, angry creditors and Ridsdale doing his Pontius Pilate impression.

Ridsdale, the bloke who offered Seth Johnson 25 grand a week when his agent was hoping to get 12 on a good day, is doing what he does best. Spending money other people have loaned him that he himself won't have to pay back when it goes wrong. And doing it badly.

Looking at the posts on this board, I would say you have a few more purchases to make yet yourselves........

We're not kidding ourselves.

Past his best.But you could probably say the same about Trundle who we are trying to throw a whole wad of cash at.

I agree, past his best but more than able to do a job. He's still 32. Trundle is a funny one, no doubt he has a bag of tricks, but is unproven at Championship level, and throwing the amount of cash you were intending at him I think is a mistake. Would love to see him with you though, just for the reception he would get a Ninian Park!

I think your alot more motivated on £50-60k a week than £25k on a very different stage..

He's done it all though, could have remained in the Prem with the offers he had with more money. Don't think that is his motivation. He has always been minted because of his property portfolio, but this hasn't stopped him performing. I think he wanted the challenge of a team with a realistic chance of promotion to the Prem, and chose us. Some of the wage figures bandied about are way off the mark too, also talk of executive house thrown in. You gotta laugh....

Nibor, your way off the mark with most of your points. Wishful thinking from you....

Our squad was not far stronger with Earnie, gabbs and Kav. Kav was never a great player in my eyes, Earnie yes, a great goal scorer and gabbs a great defender. But not much else, we relied on earnie too much. Now we are very strong in most departments apart from GK, which we don need to sort out.

We are not desparate as a club anymore, we have nearly all the debt wiped out, the money for the new stadium is in a separate bank account, guaranteed, and already started. We also made £1M profit last year....

Ridsdale made his mistakes with Leeds, but has done an outstanding job so far for Cardiff. Restructuring all the finances and making us profitable.

Any more point you'd like me to address?

We are not desparate as a club anymore, we have nearly all the debt wiped out, the money for the new stadium is in a separate bank account, guaranteed, and already started. We also made £1M profit last year....

Ridsdale made his mistakes with Leeds, but has done an outstanding job so far for Cardiff. Restructuring all the finances and making us profitable.

Any more point you'd like me to address?

No, no. You've made my point about wishful thinking admirably. Sounds remarkably similar to the fiction you all believed about Hamman. How did that work out for you? Ah yes.

No, no. You've made my point about wishful thinking admirably. Sounds remarkably similar to the fiction you all believed about Hamman. How did that work out for you? Ah yes.

Well look at us now. Virtually debt free, and making a profit. Very strong squad. New stadium already being constructed. Doesn't look to bad to me! I understand you not wanting things to go well for us, but I cant help you out there I'm afraid......

yeah, I've got something to add:

It's 'desperate' not 'desparate', oh nice sheep s****ing spliff smoking friend or do you mean "disparate" as in separated, unjoined and apart.

either one is fine for me. Desperate, disparate Cardiff. Top of the championship and empty seats. You live in a rugby city, no one cares about football there except the shopkeepers who are glad Wembley is now open so they get their April and May saturdays back

Looking forward to doing the double on you this season but even if that doesn't happen watching as your mentalist chair-moron adds your club to the Rotherhams, Leeds, Forest, Scarboroughs of this world in the double doo-doo with his high risk, high spending antics.

perennial empty seats + soaring wages + gambling bully of a chairman = DEATH

I would happily watch my team struggle and survive than soar then burn. You may as well buy your TNS season ticket now as if things carry on you won't be much football being played at Ninian Park for long (as if there was already)

love you

BFBG

Well look at us now. Virtually debt free, and making a profit. Very strong squad. New stadium already being constructed. Doesn't look to bad to me! I understand you not wanting things to go well for us, but I cant help you out there I'm afraid......

Virtually debt free my arse. You can keep kidding yourself but if you truly think that £30m just got written off then you're _insane_.

Virtually debt free my arse. You can keep kidding yourself but if you truly think that £30m just got written off then you're _insane_.

No not insane, that is the deal that has been struck with the new retail development attached to the stadium etc.....

Sorry to disappoint you.

Your quite right Bernie, there won't be much football being played at Ninian Park pretty soon, because we will have a shiny new stadium to play in....

Unlike you!

:laugh:

Rugby city + no fans + new stadium = EVEN MORE empty seats

I have got a lot of very good friends in your very nice City, all locals born and bred, not a single one would be seen DEAD watching your lot even if they were playing at Millennium Stadium. Let's see how long Rid-iculous-dale lasts when losing £30 million a season. Lookup: House of Card(iff)s

No not insane, that is the deal that has been struck with the new retail development attached to the stadium etc.....

When revenues from the new development don't live up to expectations (well, wild daydreams is more accurate) you will find that you own about as much of the new stadium as Leeds do Elland road. You will be the South Wales Gypsies within 5 years no doubt.

Ridsdale has gambled your club's existence on promotion to the Prem and big crowds. Good luck with that.

Rugby city + no fans + new stadium = EVEN MORE empty seats

I have got a lot of very good friends in your very nice City, all locals born and bred, not a single one would be seen DEAD watching your lot even if they were playing at Millennium Stadium. Let's see how long Rid-iculous-dale lasts when losing £30 million a season. Lookup: House of Card(iff)s

Like I said, making a profit at the moment. How much profit did Bristol City fc make last year?

When revenues from the new development don't live up to expectations (well, wild daydreams is more accurate) you will find that you own about as much of the new stadium as Leeds do Elland road. You will be the South Wales Gypsies within 5 years no doubt.

Ridsdale has gambled your club's existence on promotion to the Prem and big crowds. Good luck with that.

Anyone would swear you know the details of all the development........ :laugh:

Fowlers actually on around 15k a week, and this aint far off what Chopra was on. Theres alot of jealousy here. We have signed a great player to compliment our rising stars and in the process getting a wide load of media attention. We've come a long way

i don't believe that it's jealosy mate. I think the point being made is that it's quite a gamble taking him on. Especially on 15-25k a week. If he doesn't fancy it or gets injured, you're left with a big big hole to fill and you wqill be loosing money hand over fist again. It might turn out to be an inspired signing. But there's no garuantee is there. being a city fan (the proper city that is, not the welsh one) i hope he can't be arsed and just takes your money. Will be an interesting season no doubt.

Fowlers actually on around 15k a week, and this aint far off what Chopra was on. Theres alot of jealousy here. We have signed a great player to compliment our rising stars and in the process getting a wide load of media attention. We've come a long way

Fowler has only averaged about 21 games a season for the last 6 years, a big name player definately on a downward spiral and probably looking for a easy pay day to top-up his fortune already made from football & leasing houses.

IMO he will not be a patch on Chopra who was decent for you last season. Naturally I understand your excitement at the likes of Robbie Fowler signing for you but how hungry will he be to succeed? seen it all at the very top level, can't believe he'll be that bothered about firing Cardiff City up the league as he has nothing to prove.

Bad signing IMO.

Archived