IGNORED

Fowler

farmeronecow

I will keep it simple. Your mystery "loan note" £30m debt was sold to hedge funds - nice, mr nice, and another one for you to look up - this means they own a fair share of your club. If the original debtors then default and the hedge fund is in danger of going down they will want their money back either by selling the debt on or squeezing the club. These guys aren't in it for the love of football they want hard cold cash return and will have plenty of rights inserted into their shareholder agreements. In fact if profit doesn't match expectation, or you don't get into the promised land of the premiership, they will hoik Ridsdale out of there as fast as they can - c/f Southampton yesterday.

Your new stadium will be owned by a new company and rented to your football club, plus it will be shared by the rugby club. Nice, Mr Nice.

You made profits from transfers, nothing else, and I really honestly fear for your future if you don't go up this season. No pressure then.

Our club is stable well funded and owned by local people we can see chat to and ask questions where needed. Our gates are well above break even and we have over half our ground sold pre-season to season tickets.

I will keep it simple. Your mystery "loan note" £30m debt was sold to hedge funds - nice, mr nice, and another one for you to look up - this means they own a fair share of your club. If the original debtors then default and the hedge fund is in danger of going down they will want their money back either by selling the debt on or squeezing the club. These guys aren't in it for the love of football they want hard cold cash return and will have plenty of rights inserted into their shareholder agreements. In fact if profit doesn't match expectation, or you don't get into the promised land of the premiership, they will hoik Ridsdale out of there as fast as they can - c/f Southampton yesterday.

Your new stadium will be owned by a new company and rented to your football club, plus it will be shared by the rugby club. Nice, Mr Nice.

You made profits from transfers, nothing else, and I really honestly fear for your future if you don't go up this season. No pressure then.

Our club is stable well funded and owned by local people we can see chat to and ask questions where needed. Our gates are well above break even and we have over half our ground sold pre-season to season tickets.

Wrong, No hedge funds are involved with the club, that is old news.

Majority of the club is owned by local Cardiff business people. FACT!

The New stadium will be owned by Cardiff City. FACT!

If the Cardiff Blues use the ground, they will be tenants of Cardiff City fc. FACT!

If we were desperate(note the correct spelling) for money, why did we turn down £Million offers for two of our teenagers from Liverpool etc?

Our club is now more stable than it has been for years, and we were quite a bit over our break even attendance last season, and will be even further over this year.

Jesus Bernie, your incredibly misinformed, and bitter....

Guest Greyfriars Red

Classic situation this is, you sign a big name player towards end of their career. You make loads of money on shirts, bums on seats. Then the season starts, they play well for a few games get some good reviews. Then they either get injured or run out of form. Then their sat on the bench because their ego get's in the way and have a falling out with the manager and he sticks them on the bench, then thre draining much needed funds, no player is bigger than the club at this level (unless your Beckham and L.A. Galaxy) as it would ruin the club at this level.

Look at us with Bridges and Stewart. We learnt a hard lesson there. It may work out for Fowler, it may not.

Classic situation this is, you sign a big name player towards end of their career. You make loads of money on shirts, bums on seats. Then the season starts, they play well for a few games get some good reviews. Then they either get injured or run out of form. Then their sat on the bench because their ego get's in the way and have a falling out with the manager and he sticks them on the bench, then thre draining much needed funds, no player is bigger than the club at this level (unless your Beckham and L.A. Galaxy) as it would ruin the club at this level.

Look at us with Bridges and Stewart. We learnt a hard lesson there. It may work out for Fowler, it may not.

At last a sensible post Greyfriars. Of course there are risks, he could get injured. But on the plus side, he will put bums on seats, extra revenue, and wont be getting paid a huge deal UNLESS we get promoted. Don't forget we had him on a free!

At last a sensible post Greyfriars. Of course there are risks, he could get injured. But on the plus side, he will put bums on seats, extra revenue, and wont be getting paid a huge deal UNLESS we get promoted. Don't forget we had him on a free!

How many season tickets have Cardiff sold, Mr. Nice, and how many extra do you expect to sell on the back of Fowler signing?

Signing on fee, wages, bonuses ect ect........Definitely not free :bonkers:

Guest Greyfriars Red

Even though he is on a free it the wage's and contract. Rember Benito Carbonie (Sheff Wed & Bradford) they went up survied by making some good signings in the first season, second season they went a bit crazy and spent a lot of money on players, but not on transfer fees but wages and contracts. They got relegated and then relegated again. It's not a good formula!!!

I see you also have Trevor Sinclair I'm sure he isn't on a poor wage either? Agian somebody who hasn't palyed many games over the last couple of years!

You look like you have a very strong team but also very injury phrone.

Even though he is on a free it the wage's and contract. Rember Benito Carbonie (Sheff Wed & Bradford) they went up survied by making some good signings in the first season, second season they went a bit crazy and spent a lot of money on players, but not on transfer fees but wages and contracts. They got relegated and then relegated again. It's not a good formula!!!

I see you also have Trevor Sinclair I'm sure he isn't on a poor wage either? Agian somebody who hasn't palyed many games over the last couple of years!

You look like you have a very strong team but also very injury phrone.

Wages are around £10,000 per week, about the same as Chopra was on. Bonus of around £800,000 if we reach the prem. Which is a no brainer really. Extra bums on seat, extra Sky games, shirt sales and increased club profile make this a sound signing IMO, but we shall wait and see.....

Guest Greyfriars Red

Don't think you can assume that will happen. This is a very though league this year with some very good teams in. You just need to bare in mind what happened to you guys last season. Got the makings of a very interesting year for the championship this year.

Don't think you can assume that will happen. This is a very though league this year with some very good teams in. You just need to bare in mind what happened to you guys last season. Got the makings of a very interesting year for the championship this year.

Yeah, I think it will be a good one. Very difficult to predict as usual, no doubt there will be some surprises. Hopefully we can sustain what we started last year. Don't know too many of your players as we haven't played you for a while, so I will reserve judgment till further down the road. Where do you think you will end up assuming you run with your current squad?

does the question of ambition come into it anywhere ?

Of course but it could be another MS.....and far more expensive

there chairman was saying its not the money that matters when they sell it's how they use it.

I think listening to Risdale about money is like taking charm lessons from Saddam

today shows how they are using it.

They sold Chopra for £5m and are using about half on a two year contract for a multi millionaire who'd well past his best-That's a hell of a gamble

Good luck to Robbie Fowler and to Cardiff,those that want to focus on the big star on the way down will not have long to wait and either pat themselves on their back or no doubt graciously admit they got it wrong.

Where Cardiff deserve praise is from every championship club,Fowler is the marquis player in the division and has just added a million pounds or more in revenue to the other clubs in the division.I still marvel at their recent bit of business with Chopra,for me that was the most outstanding piece of business I've seen in the last ten years.

This it's definately an interesting signing, i, myself wouldn't have wanted him to come here as although he's undoubtedly good enough he'd eat up a large chunk of our wage bill and i wouldn't want him as our main striker due to his lack of games and age, we can't afford to have only him, you can afford to have him and someone else.

Have you got Sinclair on loan yet or is that still going through ?

The thing with signing someone like Fowler is that it's not purely an on pitch signing, even if he only plays a little he'll still get bums on seats but more importantly the amount he can teach other players (the man is one of the best finishers the english game has ever seens), if you've got any decent young strikers they will gain enormously from just working with Fowler.

For a club just promoted he's too big a risk, but from a club that been in the championship for a while it's a great investment, as even if he injures himself now and never plays you still have the squad to do fine. He will score a few goals but i'm certain his effect in training and with your other strikers will be alot more. He should guarentee you 10 goals himself at least but i also think he can almost guraentee 10-15 extra goals from you other srtikers as well.

Injury is the worry for me, but he did manage to stay free of injury last season, and banged in a few goals when he started. I suppose any striker will say they need to be playing consistently, and thats one thing he wasn't going to get with Liverpool! No doubt if you get the ball into the right places with Fowler, he will put them away. He will be dangerous in this division.....

Injury is the worry for me, but he did manage to stay free of injury last season, and banged in a few goals when he started. I suppose any striker will say they need to be playing consistently, and thats one thing he wasn't going to get with Liverpool! No doubt if you get the ball into the right places with Fowler, he will put them away. He will be dangerous in this division.....

so he should be mate, for 15k a week, if he's not dangerous then you will have problems on your hands.

so he should be mate, for 15k a week, if he's not dangerous then you will have problems on your hands.

He's not on £15K per week. Redrow have put in a few hundred thousand in sponsorship also. He wont cost us anymore than Chopra, unless we get promotion.

Archived