IGNORED

The Simpsons Movie

94th Minute

I saw it this afternoon, and got to say, it was brilliant.

I was worried that the standard was going to be similar to that of the recent simpsons episodes...but it was awsome.

Anyone else seen it, what do you recon?

I'd definitely recommend it to anyone

I'm going to see it soon! I can't wait all the trailors look awesome :dancing6:

The funny thing is that apparently only 20% of whats in the trailors is actually in the film.

Can somebody who's watched it clear that up or is it just false information, as i knew Groening didnt want to give the plot away.

The funny thing is that apparently only 20% of whats in the trailors is actually in the film.

Can somebody who's watched it clear that up or is it just false information, as i knew Groening didnt want to give the plot away.

Really? I know it was all top secert as after they did the voices the scripts were shredded, and was only finished a couple of weeks ago. I hope the pig is in it, that made me laugh the most

Really? I know it was all top secert as after they did the voices the scripts were shredded, and was only finished a couple of weeks ago. I hope the pig is in it, that made me laugh the most

Havent seen the whole film but have seen the clips. I LOVE the spider-pig one! its hilarious!

I can't remember seeing anything in the trailers, what wasn't then in the film.

Some of it has been cut differently, so a scene from a trailer doesn't exactly show what happened in the film; but I realyl don't remember anything being that amazingly different

I love the spiderpig one too!! I was crying and the "hes not spider pig anymore, hes harry popper :rofl2br:

That genuinely is the best bit in the movie. And the bit about Fox

Averageness on a plate.

Watched it this evening and I thought it was very good. The opening gag about gullible cinema audiences paying good money to watch something they could watch at home for free was risky but perfect I thought. By no means brilliant, but every bit as good as you would expect.

Watched it this evening and I thought it was very good. The opening gag about gullible cinema audiences paying good money to watch something they could watch at home for free was risky but perfect I thought. By no means brilliant, but every bit as good as you would expect.
Yea and what Bart Wrote on the chalkboard was funny.

Also where was Principle Skinner in the movie ffs? Forgive me if I'm wrong but I don't remember seeing him in it which is a shame.

Yea and what Bart Wrote on the chalkboard was funny.

Also where was Principle Skinner in the movie ffs? Forgive me if I'm wrong but I don't remember seeing him in it which is a shame.

He was in it at the Green Day concert with Mrs Krabappel on his shoulders - she pulled her jacket open to reveal a T-shirt that read "He's not My Boyfriend".

I know, I know, I should get out more ...

Classic film - you knew it was going to be great right from the 20th Century Fox logo ...

"Spider-pig, spider-pig, does whatever a spider-pig does

Can he swing from a thread ? No he can't, he's a pig" ...

Personally I thought that it was great, would actually pay to see it in the cinema again (even though my girlfriends mum paid for us for taking her younger brother and sister, but still :P )

Will definately buy it on DVD when it comes out.

He was in it at the Green Day concert with Mrs Krabappel on his shoulders - she pulled her jacket open to reveal a T-shirt that read "He's not My Boyfriend".

I know, I know, I should get out more ...

Classic film - you knew it was going to be great right from the 20th Century Fox logo ...

"Spider-pig, spider-pig, does whatever a spider-pig does

Can he swing from a thread ? No he can't, he's a pig" ...

Yea that's right sorry, Shame we didn't see more of him.

Also same could be said for Marge sisters and Willie.

Guest Eamer

I agree with Tinman-is-god and southy354. It seemed to get weaker and weaker as it went on and it was hugely disappointing. If it was squashed down into a regular episode it would've been pretty good but it was extended so much and there was so much filler it was really quite boring. Before the whole save the world stuff came in it was good but when that all started it dragged on so much. There are a lot of jokes which are quite funny but overall the start of the film sums it up when it says everyone in the theatre are idiots to pay to see something they can see on TV for free.

I agree with Tinman-is-god and southy354. It seemed to get weaker and weaker as it went on and it was hugely disappointing. If it was squashed down into a regular episode it would've been pretty good but it was extended so much and there was so much filler it was really quite boring. Before the whole save the world stuff came in it was good but when that all started it dragged on so much. There are a lot of jokes which are quite funny but overall the start of the film sums it up when it says everyone in the theatre are idiots to pay to see something they can see on TV for free.
I'm no idiot. I enjoyed the film. There were occasions where I thought well I should be laughing now. Could have been better but it's still a fairly decent movie.

For me it seems the film industry is slowly dying a painful death. There not a lot left to do that hasn't been done before.

I used to be really into films but over the past two years there hasn't been anything that has really tickled my fancy. The only films I have half enjoyed is Severence, Outlaw, Cashback, And I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry.

Archived