IGNORED

East End Tickets

midland red

You know perfectly well why the club have introduced this policy.

It goes back to the 'fear' of trouble makers or rather minimising the potential risk of trouble.Those with ST's will have all their details on the clubs data base and that way the club know who exactly is in the home part of the EE. Anyone 'kicking off' or behaving inappropriately will be ejected at the risk of having their ST removed.

If access to the home part of the EE is unrestricted the club have no idea who or what is infiltrating the EE and with the close proximity to the away fans thats too great a risk.

Imo the club are spot on with this policy.

If this is indeed the issue, then I'm a little confused. As my dad and I are both previous season ticket holders, the club has our contact details (this is why we both get glossy leaflets from the club every pre-season asking us to buy a season ticket). So why is the club refusing to sell either of us a ticket in the East End for the QPR game? What's stopping them from asking for our name and proof of ID? When we've asked for an explanation about the current policy, both via the ticket hotline and in person at the ground, nobody seems to know the reason. I've emailed the club 3 times, and not had any replies. I had similar problems last season. As a result, in this case, the club has turned away £46.

It's a fair point for some games this season, the club could probably easily sell-out the whole of the East End to away fans. It is perhaps also a fair point that the demand for home fans in the East End isn't actually as huge as some people think. But I think it's also a fair point that the continual obstructions and restrictions that the club makes on buying tickets for the East End (e.g. only offering tickets when other areas have sold out; opening the stand with short notice and then not allowing people to swap tickets they've already bought for other stands; the under-16 price issue), coupled with the lack of communcation on those restrictions (i.e. an official explanation might help!), is probably putting a lot of people off.

Surely, with a bit of common sense, mutual cooperation, this could run a lot more smoothly...or perhaps I'm just a bit naive...

Surely, with a bit of common sense, mutual cooperation, this could run a lot more smoothly...or perhaps I'm just a bit naive...

Personally, I would not be surprised if there was a re-think on this issue.

Not only would the club sell more tickets but, more importantly, they would be showing that they do have their fingers on the pulse, are aware of the issues that are causing concern to fans and are prepared to do something about it.

Win-win situation.

Personally, I would not be surprised if there was not a re-think on this issue.

Not only would the club sell more tickets but, more importantly, they would be showing that they do have their fingers on the pulse, are aware of the issues that are causing concern to fans and are prepared to do something about it.

Win-win situation.

So it is really not pay on the day?

Because the clubs website said something totally different in may/june and still does now :dunno:

You know perfectly well why the club have introduced this policy.

It goes back to the 'fear' of trouble makers or rather minimising the potential risk of trouble.Those with ST's will have all their details on the clubs data base and that way the club know who exactly is in the home part of the EE. Anyone 'kicking off' or behaving inappropriately will be ejected at the risk of having their ST removed.

If access to the home part of the EE is unrestricted the club have no idea who or what is infiltrating the EE and with the close proximity to the away fans thats too great a risk.

Parkenders point was that if a EE season ticket holder wants to take a mate with him, he cannot unless the remainder of the ground is completely full.

Seems a reasonable point to me, irrespective of the "rationale" for the "policy" in the first place.

Robbored - are you a health & saftety administrative officer? This is the sort of thing I can see you being responsible for:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/9/143733824_477aff1e69_m.jpg

So it is really not pay on the day?

Because the clubs website said something totally different in may/june and still does now :dunno:

Even if POTD does happen, it seems unfair to make people pay an extra £2 because they can't book in advance. Would also make a mockery of the so-called security issue (there is the opportunity to get personal details for advance sales - there isn't really on the day).

Personally, I would not be surprised if there was not a re-think on this issue.

Win-win situation.

Why have I got a E.E ticket in front of me bought on line; is this now worthless :phone:

Personally, I would not be surprised if there was a re-think on this issue.

Win-win situation.

Is there anything the Supporters Trust can do about this? on behalf of us fans??

It's clear the club thought they sell well in excess of 10,000 season tickets and that selling out the ground on a regular basis wouldn't be a problem. On that basis they were happy to announce that EE tickets would be available to nearly everybody and for a day or two it appeared they were finally listening to a significant number of fans.

With the club now struggling to reach that 10,000 figure it seems to me that they're forcing POTD fans into the more expensive Dolman & Williams stands. I wouldn't be surprised if those existing EE ST holders were booted out of the stand soon into the season, particularly when the away team is likely to bring a large following.

It stinks, but is little more than I've come to expect.

There isn't one.

Robbored is fishing, probably to deflect attention from those akward questions about supporters club AGM minutes.

No i thought he would be deflecting the akward question of what part of the minimal hes got his season ticket in?

And when the inevitable u-turn happens (IMO), I predict you'll congratulate them on seeing sense.

Because thats what you are - a fence sitter or to put it another way a 'puppet' if you like (see we can all be patronising), lining his own comfy nest at board meetings, but too spineless to actually voice an opinion that goes against the grain.

What I find astonishing is that other SC committee members seemingly sit back and allow you to cause bad feeling towards their organisation.

There still advertising today advanced and potd can be bought for the Wedlocks ,and the link from he QPR TRAVELLING PLANS ETC still has the same,surely City are liable to some sort of advertising mis leading,anyone know the laws on advertising

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/HomeTickets/0,,...1061145,00.html

Same for S****horpe.

I thought City were empolying people now to work with supporters to explain their decisions because here is a ........ :surrender:

Archived