IGNORED

Bronze Member Pnarr, Pnarr.

Bristol Rob

Question:

I've shelled out the massive amount of five-English pounds this season so that I can give Steve Lansdown £3.00 for a poor pint of Carling in a plastic cup in the Dolman bar. The membership ticket suggests that I'm a 'bronze member' (not the first time that's been said let me tell you!). Anyways, I'm wondering what I've become a member of - and indeed if I can resign my membership and just pay a fiver to queue for 30 minutes for said ale.

I've not signed up to anything, so I'm wondering what this membership is all about?

Any ideas anyone?

Congratulations, you are now a member of the Supporter's club. Barely.

Bronze membership entitles you to use club facilities that were previously free in return for giving the Supporter's club a fiver of which some unspecified amount might eventually make it to the club. Though you won't know because it doesn't entitle you to be sent a copy of the accounts.

Bronze membership also entitles you to attend the Supporter's club AGM but does not entitle you to be told when that is exactly.

It entitles you to ask questions of the Supporter's club chairman provided you can produce your membership card, 3 forms of photo id, your last school report card, a gas bill and a letter of recommendation from an MP. It does not entitle you to a straight answer however.

Bronze membership does not entitle you to enter the sacred gold lounge where the special people hang out.

/end sarcasm.

It's clear and available for everyone to see, just ask Robbored the chairman. Here's the link to the video footage of the SC AGM in the exclusive bar.

The SC AGM

Who controls the British crown?

Who keeps the metric system down?

We do! We do!

Who leaves Atlantis off the maps?

Who keeps the Martians under wraps?

We do! We do!

Who holds back the electric car?

Who makes Steve Gutenberg a star?

We do! We do!

Who robs cave fish of their sight?

Who rigs every Oscar night?

We do! We do!

It's clear and available for everyone to see, just ask Robbored the chairman. Here's the link to the video footage of the SC AGM in the exclusive bar.

The SC AGM

Who controls the British crown?

Who keeps the metric system down?

We do! We do!

Who leaves Atlantis off the maps?

Who keeps the Martians under wraps?

We do! We do!

Who holds back the electric car?

Who makes Steve Gutenberg a star?

We do! We do!

Who robs cave fish of their sight?

Who rigs every Oscar night?

We do! We do!

Quality, one of my favourite episodes.

I'm sure the SC AGM is ver similiar.

Who keeps the EE atmosphere down.............we do

This is a problem for me.

I back City be buying a season ticket and being a cityFoundation member (before that, City2000) - that's all I want to do. I'd happily but a pass off the club for a fiver and then use the Dolman bar (which I thought I was doing), but I don't want my fiver to be used to carry and 'weight' with anything that a supporters organisation might want to do, if strength of numbers is a factor.

Who are these people who run this supporters club and why have I been signed-up to it without any information? I only wanted to use the bar.

Is there anyone on this forum who is connected with this supporters club who tell me what business they have committing me to this club without advising me first?

I've not given any permission for my details to be passed to the supporters club - my transaction was with the football club, not some faction who I don't want representing me therefore, I'd be grateful if the 'supporters club' can post on here and assure us all that our details haven't been passed to them by the football club.

Concerned.

Being a bronze member of the supporters club is like being on the verge of the Free Masons. You're "part" of the crowd, but you're not allowed to meetings and under pain of death you must not engage gold members in coversation, or indeed share the same bar.

Which, by the way, is now screened off from us mere mortals.

Who got rid of Marvin Brown?

Who keeps the atmosphere down?

We do! We do!

Who's got the club for exclusive chaps?

Who keeps the signings under wraps?

We do! We do!

Who holds back the free bar?

Who made Marcus Stewart a star?

We do! We do!

Who robs Ashtonyate of his sight?

Who rigs every PFA night?

We do! We do!

I've not given any permission for my details to be passed to the supporters club - my transaction was with the football club, not some faction who I don't want representing me therefore, I'd be grateful if the 'supporters club' can post on here and assure us all that our details haven't been passed to them by the football club.

Concerned.

By fully reading the ST application form and then ticking the Bronze member box on said form you have agreed to abide the rules ect ect of the said Suppoters Club. For obvious reasons the SC will have access to your details should they be required.

Many fans join the SC by filling an application form one of which is downloadable via the mainsite.Personal details are entered on those forms.They are then tallied with a SC membership number and entered into our SC data base.

Those that join via the ST route (as you have) will have personal details entered already into the club's data base.In the very unlikely event that the SC should require access to those details then we would ask the club to provide them.Apart from any disiplianry issues I can't think of any other reason that the SC should need access to personal details.

Last season approx 1500 members joined via the ticket office and there were no instances at all when the SC required access to their personal details.

By fully reading the ST application form and then ticking the Bronze member box on said form you have agreed to abide the rules ect ect of the said Suppoters Club. For obvious reasons the SC will have access to your details should they be required.

Many fans join the SC by filling an application form one of which is downloadable via the mainsite.Personal details are entered on those forms.They are then tallied with a SC membership number and entered into our SC data base.

Those that join via the ST route (as you have) will have personal details entered already into the club's data base.In the very unlikely event that the SC should require access to those details then we would ask the club to provide them.Apart from any disiplianry issues I can't think of any other reason that the SC should need access to personal details.

Last season approx 1500 members joined via the ticket office and there were no instances at all when the SC required access to their personal details.

I didn't fill in the application form.

I went to Ashton Gate, gave them my details in person and paid cash.

I wasn't asked to sign up to any particular terms and conditions giving any 3rd party group access to my personal information.

Robbored

Can I just ask how you renew Bronze membership for access to the bar for this season? Should something have been sent out to those who brought bronze membership last year?

There are two ways to renew membership - either through the ST application form which in your case probably doesn't apply.

You now need to either download the membership application form from the mainsite and send it in to the SC office and your card will be sent out to you. Alternatively you can fill in the form in person on any matchday at the DEH. The SC will also have a stall at the open day on Sunday near the Commercial office between 10 and 3.You can also join then if you wish.Membership cards will be issued on the day.

Because of the large numbers of members its not feasable to be contacting everyone in person.

What did they do with the £7500 ?

PDG

What did they do with the £7500 ?

PDG

Gave it to the SC who then made a £3000 donation to Football in the community.

The remaining £4500 when towards the another donation of £5000 to the football club and shirt sponsorships and so on.

Are there any gold memberships available RR?

And were there gold memberships available to the general public?

There is a maximum Gold membership of 240 due to fire regs and so on.Last season we were fully subscribed.

Renewals are currently coming in and upto today we've had 160.We'll get more on Saturday and even more at the first match of the season.Untill all renewals are in we won't know how many Gold places will be available.We are therefore looking at the S****horpe game as the closure date for Gold renewals.

There is a waiting list of 15 (so far) for gold membership.After they have been allocated any remaining spaces will advertised.Anyone wishing to join said waiting list can apply directly to the SC by downloading the form off the main site.You will need two passport sized photo's along with your remitance.This will obviously be returned to you if no spaces become available.

Archived