IGNORED

Saturdays Guy On The Mike

Redmin

Please, Please, Please - I hope the person in charge of the mike on Saturday is not going to be a permanent fixture :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

He sounded like an old fashioned BBC result announcer. I thought at one point he was going to say Carey 6 Forfar 3.

Anybody else notice :noexpression:

Having seen what a great job DaveL did at the Player of the year awards i have no doubt that he will be better at getting the crowd involved naturally than the last guy who just made us look like we were attending a bristol cheerleaders convention every other saturday. If there was a thread for most embarrasing moment of last season it would have to be the pre match antics against the sags!! On saturady v Yeovil the tannoy system did no favours to the matchday experience and atmosphere.

Just one point though Dave could you try and sound a little less like the guy who introduces golfers as they tee off of the first at the open..... ON THE TEEEEEEEEEE(pitch getting higher through the e's!) Tiger Woods. Not a criticism just a light hearted observation that four or five of us made last sat.

Apart from that, here's to you doing a great job and creating the atmosphere that will turn AG back into the fortress it once was!!!!!!!!!!

DOLMAN LET ME HEAR YA, WILLIAMS LET ME HEAR YA, ETC ETC COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Oh if only for a sniper on the roof last season!!) :englandsmile4wf:

They have started installing it but fell behind with work due to weather conditions. Should be ready for bournemouth game mate.

That's the plan. We've done some tests on the new PA and it sounds a million times better than the old system. We aim to try it out for the first time on Saturday ready for its full implementation against QPR.

I fought he was deffantely better than the last one! does anyone know when this new P.A system is being installed as it sounded shocking against yeovil! someone please tell me its not already been replaced?

The new PA system was being tested yesterday with a combination of opera and rock 'n' roll. It sounded better the further away you got from the stands.......

It's pre-season for the staff at AG too. Not just the players.

I thought Dave did a great job.

The PA and microphone were operated by new starters on Saturday, it was a pre-season game with a low crowd, using the old tannoy.

Once the new PA is installed, the new starters (and old timers) have bedded in and the crowds come in it will work fine.

Of course everyone has their own taste but I am sure that DaveL and the matchday experience will be popular.

I must admit that I don't envy DaveL's task of keeping the faithfull entertained on a matchday.No matter what Dave tries to do there will always be those who won't like it.

The music will be wrong for a start, lets face it how many of us when we are stood in the ground actually pay attention to what the announcer is saying.Most of us just hear the music and most complain about it.

Hopefully with a better PA system we will be able to hear verbal information more clearly but that consequently will leave Dave open to those who like to critise all things City.

Good job he's got broad shoulders.

As Percy said above, all the matchday staff at Ashton Gate are currently in the process of feeling their way back into their roles ahead of the new season. For Dave, it's even harder because he's new to a job that's not only extremely difficult to be good at, but one that is also central to the matchday experience.

Personally, I think he'll do a fabulous job once he's settled into his new role.

Archived