IGNORED

Looking To The Future

Cider Visor

Speaking to a few members of staff before the Yeovil game on Saturday about the changes to the ground (tannoy, seats and tunnel into the away end). the tunnel has been dismantled and is now being replaced with a 12ft high section of fencing, the new seats in the dolman look good although they are slightly smaller than the standard seats but apparently they had to be to get the same amount of seats in as the old wooden ones would hold. They also said that the latest they had heard from the club is that the EE development would go ahead next season and it would be replaced with a two tier stand and that the plans for it being just a single tier had been changed!

Just wondering if anyone had heard anything similar to back this up?? :sign09:

Not heard anything about the EE. I take it you're on about the fence between the Williams and the EE. I sat by the fence currently in place when we played Yeovil on saterday. I thought that it would be interesting when we play Cardiff etc!

Obviously though its only temporary, for the good!

Aparently not! Not sure if they will make it higher or stronger as i couldn't see it too well from the Dolman but the guy defo said that there was going to be a 12ft fence between the away fans and the williams so they could fill all of the seats without there being too many seats with obstructed views!?

Speaking to a few members of staff before the Yeovil game on Saturday about the changes to the ground (tannoy, seats and tunnel into the away end). the tunnel has been dismantled and is now being replaced with a 12ft high section of fencing, the new seats in the dolman look good although they are slightly smaller than the standard seats but apparently they had to be to get the same amount of seats in as the old wooden ones would hold. They also said that the latest they had heard from the club is that the EE development would go ahead next season and it would be replaced with a two tier stand and that the plans for it being just a single tier had been changed!

Just wondering if anyone had heard anything similar to back this up?? :sign09:

Theres actually more plastic seats in the dolman than there was wooden seats. I havent heard any plans to replace the EE with a 2 tier stand but if thats true than that would be fantastic!!!!

The original plan for a two tier 10,000 EE was scrapped as to expensive for a single tier 5,500 2008- followed by a redeveloped Williams-2010.

Ground capacity would be 29,000 when both were completed.

There will be 200 more seats in The Dolman when the new seating is completed and CS reckons there'll be more leg room-mind you, that may mean there'll be less width, so let's see.

The original plan for a two tier 10,000 EE was scrapped as to expensive for a single tier 5,500 2008- followed by a redeveloped Williams-2010.

Ground capacity would be 29,000 when both were completed.

There will be 200 more seats in The Dolman when the new seating is completed and CS reckons there'll be more leg room-mind you, that may mean there'll be less width, so let's see.

I think what cider visor means is they could be considering a 2 tier again, if so would take our capacity to 34,000 when completely done! think of that!

Like i said i got this from speaking to staff at the ground before the game. This was the same guy that told me trundle Would be playing, before trundle arrived at the ground (i had left home having heard that he still couldn't play). I'm not saying that because he had 1 piece of info correct that everything else he says is gospel truth but the way he described it was Dolman seats this year, EE next year (two tier stand, sorry, seating area!!) then Williams refit and modernisation the year after. Just asking if anyone else had heard similar or contradicting stories?

When I took my littleun for the briefing at the Bristol City Junior Academy we were given a ground tour by a club official who told us that the new EE stand would be two tier. I queried this and said reports were to the contrary and he said it was definately going to be two tier. Is he right? No idea

When I took my littleun for the briefing at the Bristol City Junior Academy we were given a ground tour by a club official who told us that the new EE stand would be two tier. I queried this and said reports were to the contrary and he said it was definately going to be two tier. Is he right? No idea

Time for Mr Sexstone to tell us what the long term development plans are.

A two tier stand would be fab, Us traditional Eastenders in the lower tier which should be unreserved seating, And the corporate bunch and fixed season ticket seats in the upper. A win win situation.

However If we haven't got the funds for that then I would be happy with a single tier EE which needs to be unreserved seating throughout to retain the atmosphere and stop it becoming another Atyeo, With the potential to add a upper tier if and when we have the funds.

Are you sure he said the new EE was going to be two tier or did he say it was going to be TOO DEAR !!

After the delays so far it could well be the later !!

If we get an new 'all singing and dancing' two tiered stand to repace the current EE. I imagine that the away fans are to be housed in the Atyeo stand ?

Therefore are we to have new dressing rooms in this new stand and will the teams be running out of a new tunnel at the old EE end of the ground ??

It would not be ideal and could be very intimadating for our own players to be going back to the current dressing rooms and getting abuse thrown at them by away supporters housed near the tunnel in the Atyeo stand..

The long term plans are to build a new stadium. We will not be developing the EE.

who told you that mate and where did they say it'd be built?

So long as the east end doesn't end up like the atyeo (which to my mind is the worst waste of money/worst stand built in the football league in the last 20years, i'll be happy.

who told you that mate and where did they say it'd be built?

So long as the east end doesn't end up like the atyeo (which to my mind is the worst waste of money/worst stand built in the football league in the last 20years, i'll be happy.

All i'll say is that it is not too far away from AG and Council have given verbal approval, cant say any more than that at the mo.

All i'll say is that it is not too far away from AG and Council have given verbal approval, cant say any more than that at the mo.

fair enough mate, but to be honest, you've not said anything that might get you into trouble, giving us a site wouldn't cause you any trouble either. Personally i think we'd be better off developing ag, but not until we've established ourselves in the championship and are getting 18-19k/week. i can't think of one bit of land that the council will agree to us building on and they have also proven in the past, they are not very supportive of either bristol club. (can we still allow them to be classed as a bristol club?)

the ateo is good although it anly holds 4,000 (but this a good amount to give to away fans)

the dolman will be fine when new seats are in 6,000

but when we rebuild the ee it would be better 10,000 with the tunnel and a entrance to the club then we would have 25,000 but as soon as we get in the prem or a prem push i think we need to go for it and rebuild the williams to 11,000 and when joined up with a corner to the ee 13,000 altogether:

a full capacity would be 33,000

with segregation

4,000 for away supporters

brilliant :englandsmile4wf:

Archived