IGNORED

Looking To The Future

Cider Visor

the ateo is good although it anly holds 4,000 (but this a good amount to give to away fans)

the dolman will be fine when new seats are in 6,000

but when we rebuild the ee it would be better 10,000 with the tunnel and a entrance to the club then we would have 25,000 but as soon as we get in the prem or a prem push i think we need to go for it and rebuild the williams to 11,000 and when joined up with a corner to the ee 13,000 altogether:

a full capacity would be 33,000

with segregation

4,000 for away supporters

brilliant :englandsmile4wf:

so in what way was the atyeo a good idea when it's been housing home fans since it was built? Or do you mean that when it was built they used great forsight in designing it because they knew it would be used to house away fans one day?

All i'll say is that it is not too far away from AG and Council have given verbal approval, cant say any more than that at the mo.

And may i ask how Mr Dib know,s all this?

As for the council giving approval, i honestly think thats complete rollocks!!!!

Their to busy approving "beaches".......in the City centre

Because fans are not allowed to stand at matches, unless a ground has terraces but terraces are banned in the top 2 divsions in the country.
Why are people allowed to stand at concerts at football stadiums, But not allowed to stand at football matches? Don't see the difference myself.

FA regs prevent terraces.

Health and Safety certificates prevent standing in seated areas.

Safe standing areas aren't terraces, they have designated seats but are specifically designed for the option of standing to be safe and not interfere with others.

How those wonderful Health and Safety folks would view them has yet to be decided.

It's very unlikely our club will be the one to find out.

As for the new ground the only site I can think of is the one that will be encircled the ring road extension that will eventually run from the Kings Head pub in Bishopsworth to the Portway but I thought that land was unsuitable.

Last thing I was told albiet a month or so back, it is only going to be a single tier stand, there isn't the space needed to build a two tier stand as there isn't enough space going back.

the club are building the biggest stand planning permission will allow them to build, which unfortunatly rules out a 2 tier stand, the only likely 2 tier will be the improved williams stand.

I give up, my last post on this thread.

I'm sure if you put your brain to it you can work it all out, or better still get someone to explain it to you.

Well you seem to have all the answers, yet fail to actually say.

The FA says no terraces - These aren't terraces

The H&S executive forbids standing in seated areas

Safe standing is neither.

FA regs prevent terraces.

Health and Safety certificates prevent standing in seated areas.

Safe standing areas aren't terraces, they have designated seats but are specifically designed for the option of standing to be safe and not interfere with others.

How those wonderful Health and Safety folks would view them has yet to be decided.

It's very unlikely our club will be the one to find out.

Oh Ibor stop spoiling my fun :(

You're right though, out club wont be the one to find out and I doubt any will be rushing to. I can't belame them in all honesty as it's a complete unknown.

Last thing I was told albiet a month or so back, it is only going to be a single tier stand, there isn't the space needed to build a two tier stand as there isn't enough space going back.

the club are building the biggest stand planning permission will allow them to build, which unfortunatly rules out a 2 tier stand,

I'm sorry, but that is simply not true.

I'm sorry, but that is simply not true.

No, it 100% actually is true as of a month or so back, you just need to look at old posts of mine when I was saying the exact same thing,

if you have something to say, stating otherwise, go ahead

No, it 100% actually is true as of a month or so back, you just need to look at old posts of mine when I was saying the exact same thing,

Ok, outline planning permission was given years ago was it not?

The 2 tier stand had the detailed planning permission did it not?

Where has this rejection of planning permission come from? What you "said" months ago, could you provide the faces please, ie the very public record of any planning permission being rejected, I can't be arsed to trawl through.

Ok, outline planning permission was given years ago was it not?

The 2 tier stand had the detailed planning permission did it not?

Where has this rejection of planning permission come from? What you "said" months ago, could you provide the faces please, ie the very public record of any planning permission being rejected, I can't be arsed to trawl through.

exactly outline planning was requested, however never actually got to a point where it was accepted or rejected, the whole sticking point with the 2 tier stand is the space needed for foundations (not enough) and the addition costs for little extra seats, the costs for building a two tier stand worked out at nearly triple the costing of the single tier stand for only just under double the extra seating.

The only acceptted planning permission the club has for the East end is for a large (i.e tall) single tier stand, they don't have the required space at the gate for the depth required to build a two tier stand and the extra costings that would make it possible just aren't worth it, it phyiscally can't be done in a finanically viable way,

I can't find any documents, so I'll take your word for it as it is feasable that that could happen.

Interesting things on the Council website, non with documents attached though :(

"Renewal of outline planning application 98/03709/P to replace the Wedlock (South) and Dolman (East) Stand with new stands." (granted) expires 2009

"Construction of 12 no. temporary boxes on three levels with 4 no. boxes per level to be located above the existing club shop." (granted) 2009

"Detailed application to replace the Williams (West) Stand with a new 11,543 seat stand." No exp - Granted 1999

So the club can just start the Williams when ever it wants, which is good to know.

For anyone that wants to see the grounds planning history BRistol City FC planning

the club are building the biggest stand planning permission will allow them to build, which unfortunatly rules out a 2 tier stand, the only likely 2 tier will be the improved williams stand.

The guy i spoke to said as i pointed out earlier it was the dolman seating this season, the EE next season and a Williams refit the following season. Regardless of whether this is gospel truth or not can you imagine the type of atmosphere that would be generated in the ground. I pasked if they were planning on building theground up as charlton had done at the valley. To this question he replied that realistically the club only have the ground to put two corners on. So there may well come a stage where the club becomes big enough/has enough season ticket holders to warrant a new ground. In a way i can see the logic behind the boards decision to get the most amount of supporters in and then develop when we c an only just hold them all.

After all what use is a 40,000 stadium with 9,200 ST holders??

Archived