IGNORED

Exciting Times Ahead

fat tony

Its been a while since i posted on here but have read and watched you guts with both enjoyment and annoyance. G.J has in my opinion delivered what he promised an improvment to the team! All through this agony of close season i have read pepole moaning about the lack of sighnings suggesting sources as far ranging as tomato to h.p, but i think the spending is nearly over and what do we have to show? 2 very exciting wingers a new terrier in midfield (anyone remember steve galliers thats what elliot reminds me of and a fat scouser who can score goals! thankyou Gary Jhonson. It reminds me of newcastle under the wayward guidance of mr Keegan you can score 3 but we will score 4 if that is to be the case roll on the start. Since i have been watching city players have come and gone but few times close season have i been this excited at the prospect of a new campaign. No I'm not suggesting we will make the play offs i beilieve we will upset a few so called bigger teams and secure a place in the championship for the following season well before this season ends. So once again mr sexton mr landsdown mr jhonson I stand and applaud you in anticpation of an exciting return to the second tier of english football!!!!

Its been a while since i posted on here but have read and watched you guts with both enjoyment and annoyance. G.J has in my opinion delivered what he promised an improvment to the team! All through this agony of close season i have read pepole moaning about the lack of sighnings suggesting sources as far ranging as tomato to h.p, but i think the spending is nearly over and what do we have to show? 2 very exciting wingers a new terrier in midfield (anyone remember steve galliers thats what elliot reminds me of and a fat scouser who can score goals! thankyou Gary Jhonson. It reminds me of newcastle under the wayward guidance of mr Keegan you can score 3 but we will score 4 if that is to be the case roll on the start. Since i have been watching city players have come and gone but few times close season have i been this excited at the prospect of a new campaign. No I'm not suggesting we will make the play offs i beilieve we will upset a few so called bigger teams and secure a place in the championship for the following season well before this season ends. So once again mr sexton mr landsdown mr jhonson I stand and applaud you in anticpation of an exciting return to the second tier of english football!!!!

Wow! All that without a paragraph! I held my breath while reading through it.... :noexpression:

A couple of points.

1) Johnson has certainly stregthened the team but whether he's improved it is yet to be decided.Only results will tell us that.

2) Likening Johnson's style to the 'gung-ho' approach of Keegan is hardly accurate if last seasons 13-odd 1-0 wins is anything to go by! I take your point that he has signed at least three attacking players in McIndoe,Sproule and Trundle but I very much doubt we'll see a "you score three and we'll score four" approach from him.

Some of the teams in CCC are really good outfits who are capable of scoring four against us and Johnson will be very aware that the quality of play all over the pitch will be far higher than last season. Keeping the ball out of your own net is a basic requirement and I'm optimistic that defensively City will even better than last season.

Over pre season so far the defence seems a bit rusty so lets hope we don't score 3 but they score 4!

Wow! All that without a paragraph! I held my breath while reading through it.... :noexpression:

A couple of points.

1) Johnson has certainly stregthened the team but whether he's improved it is yet to be decided.Only results will tell us that.

2) Likening Johnson's style to the 'gung-ho' approach of Keegan is hardly accurate if last seasons 13-odd 1-0 wins is anything to go by! I take your point that he has signed at least three attacking players in McIndoe,Sproule and Trundle but I very much doubt we'll see a "you score three and we'll score four" approach from him.

Some of the teams in CCC are really good outfits who are capable of scoring four against us and Johnson will be very aware that the quality of play all over the pitch will be far higher than last season. Keeping the ball out of your own net is a basic requirement and I'm optimistic that defensively City will even better than last season.

Apolgies for my lack of proper punctuation robbored. The comparism with the keegan team was slightly tongue in cheek based on the fact our defence hasnt been strengthened and ill whisper this line i still have doubts over Basso hence the suggestion. Whatever the formation whatever the team G.J puts it out like i said exciting times are ahead at ashton gate!

Apolgies for my lack of proper punctuation robbored. The comparism with the keegan team was slightly tongue in cheek based on the fact our defence hasnt been strengthened and ill whisper this line i still have doubts over Basso hence the suggestion. Whatever the formation whatever the team G.J puts it out like i said exciting times are ahead at ashton gate!

Ignore himTony at least you can spell strengthened

Archived