IGNORED

Very Revealing Comment

Bristol Boy

cole will come into his own this year, just you lot wait and see. They are different players, elliot goes box to box, skuse sits and connects midfield to attack. I'd say it wasn't a revealing comment, just another gj "bomb up the backside" comment to get cole in the right frame of mind for this season.

cole will come into his own this year, just you lot wait and see. They are different players, elliot goes box to box, skuse sits and connects midfield to attack. I'd say it wasn't a revealing comment, just another gj "bomb up the backside" comment to get cole in the right frame of mind for this season.

If he can play as well as when he first broke into the side, it would probably prove him to be a very capable player. I think alot of what is said of him harsh, the lads only played a couple of years of first team football.

What if Skuse gets injured, or Elliot?

GJ said he has a role in mind for him, assuming that Skuse is in a simalar mould to Elliot and i don't think many people will disagree, then Elliot is cover for Skuse, or visa versa.

We need competition in every department, Skuse was our only outright DMC, now we have two Skuses! :icecream:

What about left back? (sorry. i know there are other thread before Eamer jumps in)

Fontaine is no left back, lets get Armand Traore on loan from Wenger.

Then the mods may merge it-leave it to them.

Yeah, x3, can't you see that the mods have nothing better to do than to merge the threads of those pompous enough not to have the manners to check whether someone else has already started a thread on the same subject?

Yeah, x3, can't you see that the mods have nothing better to do than to merge the threads of those pompous enough not to have the manners to check whether someone else has already started a thread on the same subject?

How blind of me not to have noticed :P

Pompous-kettle-pot black

And if we all started a topic as often as you there wouldn't be a forum.

Can't agree. Elliott has experience with Millwall at Championship level and will start the season in midfield with Johnson against QPR. Assuming MH does the business I can only see Skuse being bit part player.

And to think some one on here claimed he was off to Reading for 2.8M :punish:

Where ?

I see the "Skuse doubters" thread started after this one, but is there another one ?

Apologies if I've missed it.

Quite large discussion about Skuse to the bench: http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=83993

Topic specifically about Johnson's leaving out of Noble in his interview: http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=84026

I doubt very much Elliott will be starting against QPR. GJ doesn't allow new signings to walk into the team and he hasn't been with us through the pre-season. I would suspect that Skuse, Johnson and Russell will all be ahead of him in the queue and he will have to win a place on the bench first and go from there.

Do you think Lee Trundle will be starting against QPR?

I think he will, and he's only going to have one more pre-season match under his selection than Marvin Elliott...

Don't you think there's a slight difference between signing a senior player for £1m in a position we have at best two fit players in neither of whom is on form and signing a promising youngster for ~£100k in a position we have 4 fit and one soon to be fit player already in?

Russell has had good feedback from the games he's played so far, Johnson is a different type of player. I think those two are by far the most likely starters meaning Skuse and Elliott will be battling for the bench spot and may both be included.

So, part of this thread is about Skuse, shall I merge it with the skuse threads? And another part of this is about Noble, should that go there?

However, the majority of the thread is people debating what goes where and why??? :gaah:

So, part of this thread is about Skuse, shall I merge it with the skuse threads? And another part of this is about Noble, should that go there?

However, the majority of the thread is people debating what goes where and why??? :gaah:

Come on Mary, buck up!!!!!

Yer a mod, put the lot on the Trundle thread.......... :winner_third_h4h:

Don't you think there's a slight difference between signing a senior player for £1m in a position we have at best two fit players in neither of whom is on form and signing a promising youngster for ~£100k in a position we have 4 fit and one soon to be fit player already in?

Russell has had good feedback from the games he's played so far, Johnson is a different type of player. I think those two are by far the most likely starters meaning Skuse and Elliott will be battling for the bench spot and may both be included.

I do think theres a difference, I'm just commenting on the original post stating that the reason he won't go straight into the side is because Johnson doesn't put new signings straight into the side. If he proves himself the best player between now and then, I don't think GJ is going to sit him just because he has just been signed. I personally don't have a clue if he's going to start against QPR or not, I've never seen so much as a video of the guy on the pitch.

It just needs a new first post is all, describing the contents properly :)

I do think theres a difference, I'm just commenting on the original post stating that the reason he won't go straight into the side is because Johnson doesn't put new signings straight into the side. If he proves himself the best player between now and then, I don't think GJ is going to sit him just because he has just been signed. I personally don't have a clue if he's going to start against QPR or not, I've never seen so much as a video of the guy on the pitch.

OK well consider the words "as a general rule to which £1m players on 10 grand a week brought in to replace mediocre strikers are an exception" added to the original post at the appropriate point then.

OK well consider the words "as a general rule to which £1m players on 10 grand a week brought in to replace mediocre strikers are an exception" added to the original post at the appropriate point then.

Is he really on 10 grand a week or is that still speculation?

I doubt very much Elliott will be starting against QPR. GJ doesn't allow new signings to walk into the team and he hasn't been with us through the pre-season. I would suspect that Skuse, Johnson and Russell will all be ahead of him in the queue and he will have to win a place on the bench first and go from there.

MH offers something very different and if he was to impress in the remaining friendlys/training and shore up our lightweight midfield I can see no reason why he couldnt get a place in the starting 11 against QPR.

Johnson will surely pick his best 11? performances in pre-season have hardly been inspiring.

Archived