IGNORED

Trundle & Jevons

Pete1975Legend

re Jevo there is a well worn cliche about sports in general that i think applys.

" form is temporary, class is permanent."

Granted he didnt have the best season despite being top goal scorer but our expectations of him were high

BECAUSE he is a good footballer. Heres to a big season for the scouse crew.... :fingerscrossed:

Oh come on! hes scored a couple of goals in pre season and you are saying hes class! He showed all of last season that he lacks bottle when the going gets tough.

Championship defenders will not be afraid to let him know there about, and do you honestly think he will go back for more, because i don't.

Personally my first choice would be jevo and LT. Give jevons the chance and more often and not he will hit the target. I think the critism of him has been a tad harsh, and given the chance i think he will have a good season.

Could not agree more.

For me it has to be LT and Jevo. Jevo might have scored 4 pens towards his goals last season but at the end of the day he SCORED tthe panalty's. He proved at Yeovil that he could take a spot kick.

It was good control and an even better finish at Swine Town last night.

I might be slightly one sided because i am a striker myself but i have never doubted Jevo, A good striker will score goals at any standard providing he get's the service.

I think that he could quite easily finish or top scorer again next season.

And i am quite willing to put my money where my mouth is!

Any takers?

Jevons is a goalscorer, he's proved that at Yeovil.

The service to all the strikers was poor last season, with Sproule and McIndoe it should be much improved this.

If GJ gets his confidence up and he can start the season with a couple of goals Jevons could surprise us all.

The early signs of the double ScouseTrundle/Jevons partnership are good and as things stand i'd expect them to be given first opportunity against QPR.

It's up to Jevons to take that opportunity and if he does he could be hard to shift.

It looks like it's all about confidence with him and if he starts hammering in the long shots like he did at Yeovil he'll turn his City career around in no time.

Could not agree more.

For me it has to be LT and Jevo. Jevo might have scored 4 pens towards his goals last season but at the end of the day he SCORED tthe panalty's. He proved at Yeovil that he could take a spot kick.

It was good control and an even better finish at Swine Town last night.

I might be slightly one sided because i am a striker myself but i have never doubted Jevo, A good striker will score goals at any standard providing he get's the service.

I think that he could quite easily finish or top scorer again next season.

And i am quite willing to put my money where my mouth is!

Any takers?

I'd love to have a little wager with you but I'd feel like I was robbing you, a bet has to have element of the unknown about to be interesting. Jevons being a success in the Championship is as likely as Gary Johnson running & completing the London Marathon next year.

It ain't going to happen :disapointed2se:

I'd love to have a little wager with you but I'd feel like I was robbing you, a bet has to have element of the unknown about to be interesting. Jevons being a success in the Championship is as likely as Gary Johnson running & completing the London Marathon next year.

It ain't going to happen :disapointed2se:

If you're so sure, take the bet.

Sounds to me like you're backtracking now Jevons is starting to look the business with Trundle. :whistle2:

Right strike partner, two good wingers creating chances for a striker with a previous good record.............hmmmm.....go on, take the bet. ;)

If you're so sure, take the bet.

Sounds to me like you're backtracking now Jevons is starting to look the business with Trundle. :whistle2:

Erm? Jevons to be a flop in Championship! Backtracking, not me mate. Jevons is lower league in my humble opinion and I'll never have to back track on that becasuse the bloke hasnt got enough about him to prove me wrong.

Right strike partner, two good wingers creating chances for a striker with a previous good record.............hmmmm.....go on, take the bet. ;)

Same old Jevons Nogbad, does the business when the pressure is off against poor oppisition, lets see how he does in front of 17k on the 11th with league points at stake before we all get too excited eh!! :bored:

Guest ashtonyate
I think the fact our leading marksman could only manage single figures from open play in a promotion season speaks volumes for our defense and Basso.

Nice try with the spin but no cigar. Jevons isnt good enough and was piss poor last season. Why you'ed think the bloke is suddenly going to show us something he hasnt for the last 12 months is completely beyond me.

Expect more of the same from Mr J next season........ :gaah:

What are you saying Johnson has signed a piss poor player Don't be so damned Negative, the true is Jevons never had anyone to play off of him last season.

Trundle and jevons are to similar to play together they would get eat up and spat out by a lot of defense in this league.

None of us know how the team will fair because we have only played lower league teams in pre season friendlies.

Erm? Jevons to be a flop in Championship! Backtracking, not me mate. Jevons is lower league in my humble opinion and I'll never have to back track on that becasuse the bloke hasnt got enough about him to prove me wrong.

We haven't seen a confident Jevons at City with good wing supply. I've said before Trundle came that Jevons could score 14.

Same old Jevons Nogbad, does the business when the pressure is off against poor oppisition, lets see how he does in front of 17k on the 11th with league points at stake before we all get too excited eh!! :bored:

You might be right, you seem intent on convincing yourself but it really does sound as if you're having your doubts- why not just take the bet? :dunno:

Guest ashtonyate
Pardon me Mr postitive, I must try harder to follow your lead and not be so negitive :clapping:

Excuses,excuses.........

It is not an excuses it the truth and if we play trundle up front as a target man you will see the same as last year when will poster get it in there heads we have no one playing in that position and we will struggle with out one.

So you agree Jevons might get 14 goals for City in the Championship but maintain he won't end up top scorer? :dunno:

Where did you get that from?? Don't be silly,I'd be admazed if he got 4 especially now he'll be off penaltys.

I'd still take the bet then if I were you. :innocent06:

Give it a rest,I hear you :surrender:

Where did you get that from?? Don't be silly,I'd be admazed if he got 4 especially now he'll be off penaltys.

I said 14 goals, post 42, and you didn't challenge it. ;)

Give it a rest,I hear you :surrender:

OK mate, pummeling over, white hankie accepted. :laugh:

Just think, if Jevo notches 20 we could lose him to a Premiership club, never mind £3m. would be some compensation. :yahoo:

In my opinion, you will have to backtrack if indeed he does prove to be a success in the championship. Your opinion is that he is lower league and does not have enough about him to prove you wrong.........

So, what if the guy gets in the team, scores and plays consistently and ends up with 20 goals for the season?

Are you telling me your opinion would not change? Are you telling me you would still come on here telling us he is no good?

Or would you have the balls to come on here and say "fair play, he proved me wrong" as convincingly as your telling us he's no good.

The guy is in the squad and has every chance of making the team early on, its up to him to ensure he stays there throughout the season, and if he does, he should have proved to all doubters he has what it takes, whether you the like the guy or not

In my opinion, you will have to backtrack if indeed he does prove to be a success in the championship. Your opinion is that he is lower league and does not have enough about him to prove you wrong.........

So, what if the guy gets in the team, scores and plays consistently and ends up with 20 goals for the season?

Are you telling me your opinion would not change? Are you telling me you would still come on here telling us he is no good?

Or would you have the balls to come on here and say "fair play, he proved me wrong" as convincingly as your telling us he's no good.

The guy is in the squad and has every chance of making the team early on, its up to him to ensure he stays there throughout the season, and if he does, he should have proved to all doubters he has what it takes, whether you the like the guy or not

From the start Ive always said I want him to succeed and prove me wrong, If I'm wrong thats means he playing well for Bristol City and thats what we all want.

Please Jevons prove me and many others wrong..........Over too you.

From the sart Ive always said I want him to succeed prove me wrong, If I'm wrong thats means he playing well for Bristol City and thats what we all want.

Please Jevons prove me and many others wrong..........Over too you.

That attitude certainly hasn't come across in this thread

Please Jevons prove me and many others wrong.

Not too many others at the moment Seend, you seem like a lone voice of entrenched doom and gloom regarding Jevons.

Maybe other doubters are mulling over the signing of 2 chance providing wingers, a likely looking partnership with Trundle and the fact that Jevo is scoring and having second thoughts.

Your opinion on Jevons' potential contribution obviously hasn't changed even though all the above circumstances have. :noexpression:

That attitude certainly hasn't come across in this thread

Possibly not, but I'm not going to post it every time I make a comment on Jevons.

So i'll say it now....Jevons please prove all these deluded people who have faith in you right, I'm big enough and ugly enough to admit when I'm wrong , so if you do the unthinkable and actually start looking like a decent player i'll hold my hands up.

I bet he'll flop again though,I can just see it in him, he's not a winner.

For thoses of you how keep on saying how Jevons is a natural striker Ive just found these stats which suggest otherwise.

Jevons had 84 attempts at goal in L1 last season he only hit the target 38 times! Pretty poor eh! Compared to Trundle who has 129 shots at goal hitting the target 55 times and hitting the woodwark 9 times but still managed 19 league goals.

I think the story here for me if Jevons needs to keep himself in the attacking third of the field and stop dropping so deep, maybe he'll then be able to get more shots off and improve his scoring record for us.

Oh come on! hes scored a couple of goals in pre season and you are saying hes class! He showed all of last season that he lacks bottle when the going gets tough.

Championship defenders will not be afraid to let him know there about, and do you honestly think he will go back for more, because i don't.

him scoring in pre season is immaterial to what i posted. in other words, I havent just decided Jevo can play.. point being that i always saw him as a good footballer at this level and hope he has a corking season.

simple enough.

For thoses of you how keep on saying how Jevons is a natural striker Ive just found these stats which suggest otherwise.

Jevons had 84 attempts at goal in L1 last season he only hit the target 38 times! Pretty poor eh! Compared to Trundle who has 129 shots at goal hitting the target 55 times and hitting the woodwark 9 times but still managed 19 league goals.

I think the story here for me if Jevons needs to keep himself in the attacking third of the field and stop dropping so deep, maybe he'll then be able to get more shots off and improve his scoring record for us.

So Trundles percentages are worse, the team he played for didnt get promotion and he came to join up with our top scorer

who's game is well known to our manager who has had him at two clubs and rates him?

So Trundles percentages are worse, the team he played for didnt get promotion and he came to join up with our top scorer

who's game is well known to our manager who has had him at two clubs and rates him?

It's clever how you can interprete numbers to say whatever you want is nt it.

Your missing my point though, Jevons had a fraction of the attempts at goal compared to Trundle.Why is that?

Also trundle had more on target than off unlike Jevons who actually missed the target more often than not...

I'm sure Enoch will make a great foil for Trundle next season, or in an ideal world if Brooker can sort his fitness out he be the ideal partner for Trundle! then you'd would have a real Championship partnership in Trunds and Brooker.

Your missing my point though, Jevons had a fraction of the attempts at goal compared to Trundle.Why is that?

Also trundle had more on target than off unlike Jevons who actually missed the target more often than not...

I'm sure Enoch will make a great foil for Trundle next season, or in an ideal world if Brooker can sort his fitness out he be the ideal partner for Trundle! then you'd would have a real Championship partnership in Trunds and Brooker.

your numbers not mine and as you say they can be interpreted any way you like. Trundle had more shots cause he...... shoots more i would say :ph34r:

and his ratio of shots on target is better but then we have just paid a million for him so you would expect that ....... wouldnt you.

We shall have to agree to differ on Jevo . ;)

Did Trundle have more minutes on the pitch than Jevons?

The point you continually miss about Jevons is that most of his appearances were not in his preferred role. Can you say the same about Trundle?

Archived