IGNORED

Trundle & Jevons

Pete1975Legend

Is it just me or is this partnership starting to gel already. Having witnessed Swindon and the Yeovil game these two players seem to be on the same wave length already. Perhaps Jevo has finally found a player to link with and we know he has goals in him like Trundle.

Personally I think these two could def. do a job come a week Saturday and it would not surprise me if they started up front. In fact I'm almost sure it will be.

Thoughts?

I`m sat here eating a big slice of humble pie. Agree that Jevo and Trundle do seem to linked pretty well. :fingerscrossed:

PDG

Both are good footballers the only issue is pace and in Jevos case, stength and that's why the sixth tick will be a pacy striker-All the clubs in the bag, as GJ might say!

Jevons is the only player we have, IMHO, that may be able to play the role that Noble does in a 4-4-1-1.He's best on te ball, facing goal not back to goal, in the air or running the channels and it's about how and where he receives the ball.

I`m sat here eating a big slice of humble pie. Agree that Jevo and Trundle do seem to linked pretty well. :fingerscrossed:

PDG

Yep same here. I haven't knocked Jevons on here but privately i've always thought he was to lightweight and gutless - but the facts speak for themself. Him and trundle have 1 and 2 goals respectively from the 2 games they have played together...surely they have to start against QPR?

Jevons isn't the answer, end of. Looks off the pace and let's not get carried away with the fact that he has scored against the big guns of Yeovil & Swindon. I hear he was powder puff at Forest Green and not much better last night

In all fairness the whole team were a bit powder puff at FGR. Putting the goals aside Jevo LOOKS the player, i for one, have been hoping to see. There can be no doubt that he and Trundle have `clicked. Now i agree that performances against Yeovil and Swindon arn`t a great deal to go by and the proof of the pudding will be the start of the season, BUT, the signs are there. Like i said :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

PDG

At least Jevons and Trundle can understand each other - they both speak fluent scouse.

Scoring in pre-season friendlies is good for confidence especially against reasonable opposition but or me Jevons still has a lot to prove if he is to win over his critics.

He's taken loads of stick on here which imo has been justified based on his performances last season.Virtually every City fan you speak to will agree that he was very disapointing all last season.

Maybe there is more to come from Jevons - I certainly hope so. Maybe over the summer he's sharpened up, got fully fit and got his attitude right and his scoring form reflects that.

If he can start putting in a full shift, impressing and 'effecting games' then I'll be the first to sing his praises.

He's taken loads of stick on here which imo has been justified based on his performances last season.Virtually every City fan you speak to will agree that he was very disapointing all last season.

Promotion, top scorer.......yet a disapointing season!?

High expectations indeed. To be fair, there were times I felt he could do a lot more in games but as part of a squad that got us promotion and now playing in a league that will better suit his style, I'd like to see the guy given an equal chance.....I think the best of Jevo is yet to come

At least Jevons and Trundle can understand each other - they both speak fluent scouse.

Scoring in pre-season friendlies is good for confidence especially against reasonable opposition but or me Jevons still has a lot to prove if he is to win over his critics.

Maybe there is more to come from Jevons - I certainly hope so. Maybe over the summer he's sharpened up, got fully fit and got his attitude right and his scoring form reflects that.

If he can start putting in a full shift, impressing and 'effecting games' then I'll be the first to sing his praises.

Agreed & all fair comment

jevons does seem to have a problem staying onside though maybe down to him knowing he lacks pace

Agreed he doesn't have pace, but that wont matter if we play to his strengths. A group of guys in front of me on Saturday were calling him a lazy so and so, because he didn't have the pace to run at people on a breakaway. Lacking pace doesn't make him lazy, just slow.

Or conversation went like this; -

Me: "that's not his game"

one of the guys. "well what is?"

Me. "give him the ball in and around the box"

one of the guys. "he's still no good even then"

3 minutes later he scores the equaliser, poaching in the box! :innocent06: Don't you just love it when that happens?

The pace is supplied elsewhere in the side, so we can afford players like him and Trundle.

Promotion, top scorer.......yet a disapointing season!?

High expectations indeed. To be fair, there were times I felt he could do a lot more in games but as part of a squad that got us promotion and now playing in a league that will better suit his style, I'd like to see the guy given an equal chance.....I think the best of Jevo is yet to come

I think the fact our leading marksman could only manage single figures from open play in a promotion season speaks volumes for our defense and Basso.

Nice try with the spin but no cigar. Jevons isnt good enough and was piss poor last season. Why you'ed think the bloke is suddenly going to show us something he hasnt for the last 12 months is completely beyond me.

Expect more of the same from Mr J next season........ :gaah:

I think the fact our leading marksman could only manage single figures from open play in a promotion season speaks volumes for our defense and Basso.

Nice try with the spin but no cigar. Jevons isnt good enough and was piss poor last season. Why you'ed think the bloke is suddenly going to show us something he hasnt for the last 12 months is completely beyond me.

That's last season, give the guy a break remember Drogbas first season at CHelsea he wasn't so good yet second season they absolutely flew in for him.

Personally I think Jevo may well adapt to Championship football a lot better than people are giving him credit for. Especially as he may get a bit more space and a lot more crosses from width to.

no way... didn't think you were the forgiving type..

all we need now is for ashton scary yate to come on and slate him yet again just because it sounds better than the taste of his stale peanut butter sandwiches at the bingo hall on a wet wednesday night. :noexpression:

Well, the MANAGER, Mr Johnson saw something more than we have otherwise he wouldn't of signed him in the first place.

If GJ felt he didn't do enough then I am sure he would of made him aware....no doubt Jevons knows he needs to do better himself

Why not give him the chance to.....Brooker has had enough chances!

re Jevo there is a well worn cliche about sports in general that i think applys.

" form is temporary, class is permanent."

Granted he didnt have the best season despite being top goal scorer but our expectations of him were high

BECAUSE he is a good footballer. Heres to a big season for the scouse crew.... :fingerscrossed:

If it's more of the same he won't even be here and maybe that's given him the impetus to do better?

It's also a matter of how good your team mates are.

If it's more of the same he won't even be here and maybe that's given him the impetus to do better?

None of us know what goes on behind the scenes at AG particularly with what Johnson says to individual players.Maybe Johnson has had a word with Jevons and told him exactly what the score is.In other words - pick your game up,start making a difference and most all start scoring more goals from open play.That way you'll win the fans over which you've failed to do last season despite being top scorer.If you don't improve your performances then its the reserves for you 'cause we have real competition for places up front now.

In all fairness the whole team were a bit powder puff at FGR. Putting the goals aside Jevo LOOKS the player, i for one, have been hoping to see. There can be no doubt that he and Trundle have `clicked. Now i agree that performances against Yeovil and Swindon arn`t a great deal to go by and the proof of the pudding will be the start of the season, BUT, the signs are there. Like i said :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

PDG

At the end of last season and even after promotion peolple started to slate Jevo. Now PDG64 you may not have been one of them but several people said "good riddance to jevo jevo" at the slightest sniff that the sags may have signed him. I was one of several people on here that said give him a go with the right partner and more space perhaps he would become the player we all knew he COULD be. Well it is with great pride i sit here now writing this that i can say we have a pairing that can go a long way to keeping us where we belong. Also after seeing LT10 and showunmi i think we also have a backup that will do a great deal of damage.

PS: Good luck Stevie B, you may we.ll need it buddy!!

O don't get injured scrolling down to this stage of the thread we may need you, cheers.

It just might be the case that at 28 (happy birthday, Jevo!) the prospect of being bombed out of a championship club is just too unpalatable, and the prospect of partnering LT too attractive and Jevo knows he has something to prove to all his critics(myself, at times, included).The interview with him on the OS now is refreshing and I hope he can be a force this season. Yes it's pre-season, but strikers thrive on confidence and form and 2 in 2 will be giving him a great lift.

Archived