IGNORED

Well Done G.j.

Rowley Birkin

How do you know what the excuse is are you party to what goes on and what money we have offered for players.

It was you who said the excuse was money, so I guess you should answer your own question - How do you know what the excuse is are you party to what goes on and what money we have offered for players?

Are you are telling me no player has moved clubs in the last 10 months is not good enough for us.

That is the third time you have asked me that question now (please don't ask it again) the answer is, and, until you come up with a name to change my mind, will continue to be, YES.

So go on, change my mind, just give me that players name, you know the one that meets each of the 5 points above?

The real test will come when September Is here then if we have not got it right the you know what will hit the fan.

We have been here before though AY, last season it was,

"We will be out of the running by xmas, if we don't sign a forward"

Then after the failure to sign one in January it was;

"we will struggle in Feb", ...... "March"........ "April"...... and finally we were going to "fall at the last hurdle". None of it came true, so you'll have to excuse us if we find it a little irritating that you are starting on the same track again.

I think we will find it very hard this year, but not because we are not playing with an old fashioned centre forward. We will find it hard against the more consistent quality we will be facing each week.

It was you who said the excuse was money, so I guess you should answer your own question - How do you know what the excuse is are you party to what goes on and what money we have offered for players?

That is the third time you have asked me that question now (please don't ask it again) the answer is, and, until you come up with a name to change my mind, will continue to be, YES.

So go on, change my mind, just give me that players name, you know the one that meets each of the 5 points above?

I wouldnt say I am the greatest fan of ashton yate, and I don't think he can name a player that meets all 5 "criteria" but I think that 1 player who meets all five is Sylvain Ebanks Blake of Plymouth. He seems to me to be strong, fast, can score a lot of goals at championship level, and would cost I am sure around the 1-1.5 million that is one of the criteria. He was also bought up at Man U along side some class players so has a good education in the game.

Si.

I wouldnt say I am the greatest fan of ashton yate, and I don't think he can name a player that meets all 5 "criteria" but I think that 1 player who meets all five is Sylvain Ebanks Blake of Plymouth. He seems to me to be strong, fast, can score a lot of goals at championship level, and would cost I am sure around the 1-1.5 million that is one of the criteria. He was also bought up at Man U along side some class players so has a good education in the game.

Si.

I've not seen him live so can't comment on how he plays, but I'd question that he is proven at the level - 10 goals in his first season is a good start and he may turn out to be a good striker at this level. But to put it to the Ashtonyate test I can see the post now about how us spending all our money on a 10 goal striker would see us relegated.

He's also only 5'10 and from clips I've seen seems to be a good athlete but not necessarily a target man. So young, quick and in budget is only 3/5!

I was going to add a sixth point, that the player would need to be available and interested in joining the club. I don't see Holloway letting us have him if he rates the player as genuine Championship quality - do you?

I've not seen him live so can't comment on how he plays, but I'd question that he is proven at the level - 10 goals in his first season is a good start and he may turn out to be a good striker at this level. But to put it to the Ashtonyate test I can see the post now about how us spending all our money on a 10 goal striker would see us relegated.

He's also only 5'10 and from clips I've seen seems to be a good athlete but not necessarily a target man. So young, quick and in budget is only 3/5!

I was going to add a sixth point, that the player would need to be available and interested in joining the club. I don't see Holloway letting us have him if he rates the player as genuine Championship quality - do you?

You might be right, but I wouldnt have thought Swansea would have let us anywhere near Trundle 2 weeks ago either. I saw on the plymouth website he weighs in at just over 13 stone, so he must be somewhere near Brookers build. Their website said he only started 30 games as well, so the goal return is 10 in 30 starts, and plymouth arent world beaters at this level either. Although it is their own written bo**ocks, in his profile, it describes him as aggressive too, kind of like brooker with pace I would guess.

don't get me wrong, I am very happy with trundle, but as a response to the post about an alternative who could meet those 5 requirements, this seemed to me to be someone who could, who we could afford.

You might be right, but I wouldnt have thought Swansea would have let us anywhere near Trundle 2 weeks ago either. I saw on the plymouth website he weighs in at just over 13 stone, so he must be somewhere near Brookers build. Their website said he only started 30 games as well, so the goal return is 10 in 30 starts, and plymouth arent world beaters at this level either. Although it is their own written bo**ocks, in his profile, it describes him as aggressive too, kind of like brooker with pace I would guess.

don't get me wrong, I am very happy with trundle, but as a response to the post about an alternative who could meet those 5 requirements, this seemed to me to be someone who could, who we could afford.

It is probably as close as you can get. Another with no experience but ticks all the other boxes is Ishmael Miller at Man City. With Eriksson going mad in the transfer market he might be a candidate for a season long loan. Either that or wait until January and see how far down the pecking order Cameron Jerome is at Brum after Bruce has finished his buying a new team in January routine.

Si.

Ashtonyate is passion. The anti fire brigade of this forum. The man who always keep the kettle boiling.

Guest ashtonyate
It is probably as close as you can get. Another with no experience but ticks all the other boxes is Ishmael Miller at Man City. With Eriksson going mad in the transfer market he might be a candidate for a season long loan. Either that or wait until January and see how far down the pecking order Cameron Jerome is at Brum after Bruce has finished his buying a new team in January routine.

Also Odejayi he played well against us and Bransley took a punt with him Cresswell there have been lots of player we could have went for

Also Odejayi he played well against us and Bransley took a punt with him Cresswell there have been lots of player we could have went for

:rofl2br: So after all of the negative posting about Trundle, about him being unproven at this level and too old the best you can come up with are a striker who has scored 34 goals in four seasons (8.5 goals per season) three of those seasons in League Two, and another who is 30 years old and has scored 35 goals in four seasons (again a whopping 8.5 goals a season).

For the record while they were scoring their 34 and 35 goals in four seasons Trundle has managed to score 86. But he's not good enough is he?

Any more names?

Well OK if you look at it that way Rovers took 5 points off of us It proves nothing one of games do not tell you anything except that if your team can win them perhaps they are not putting in the effort in all there matches

4 points actually, a draw and a win.

But I don't really care about the Rovers, they're not playing at our level.

Your statement was:

"We will be playing a lot better class of oppositiion this season than Yeovil and they will eat our forward line up a spit it out in bits without a strong player up front."

The points I have made are based on the four games we played last season against "a lot better class of opposition", and "without a strong player up front" in which we (a) more than held our own, and (b) were unbeaten.

Guest ashtonyate
:rofl2br: So after all of the negative posting about Trundle, about him being unproven at this level and too old the best you can come up with are a striker who has scored 34 goals in four seasons (8.5 goals per season) three of those seasons in League Two, and another who is 30 years old and has scored 35 goals in four seasons (again a whopping 8.5 goals a season).

For the record while they were scoring their 34 and 35 goals in four seasons Trundle has managed to score 86. But he's not good enough is he?

Any more names?

I can't be bothered to put anymore name forward if you take the time we have been looking including when we mucking around with Savage two seasons ago and smith last season's could nearly give birth to one. This is a no no for johnson and make me think he is lacking in picking up good young forwards.

Yeah, he's a good player by all accounts, but I would personally rather see us go for Daniel Sturridge of Man City on a season-long loan. He's the mutts nuts apparently. Quick, mobile and knows where the net is. Rather like a pacier Robbie Fowler.

Whether he would come down here or not, I'm not sure, but it wouldnt cost us too much, as I cant imagine he's on a massive wage.

Oh, I forgot, he's not a target man either, so as AY is the man when it comes to picking signings for City, I guess its a non-starter. ;)

I can't be bothered to put anymore name forward if you take the time we have been looking including when we mucking around with Savage two seasons ago and smith last season's could nearly give birth to one. This is a no no for johnson and make me think he is lacking in picking up good young forwards.

Ashtonyate cannot be bothered to back up his own argument. Again.

Football is a team game and a results business. Say what you like about Savage, Smith, Jevons and Showunmi they were all brought in by Johnson, results improved and we ultimately won promotion. If signing Trundle is enough to keep us out of the relegation battle he will have done his job again.

A team managed by GJ with Trundle and Jevons up front, or one managed by AY spearheaded by Odejayi and Cresswell. You decide!

Guest ashtonyate
Yeah, he's a good player by all accounts, but I would personally rather see us go for Daniel Sturridge of Man City on a season-long loan. He's the mutts nuts apparently. Quick, mobile and knows where the net is. Rather like a pacier Robbie Fowler.

Whether he would come down here or not, I'm not sure, but it wouldnt cost us too much, as I cant imagine he's on a massive wage.

Oh, I forgot, he's not a target man either, so as AY is the man when it comes to picking signings for City, I guess its a non-starter. ;)

You are right we got to many monkeys we now need an organ grinder

Archived