IGNORED

My Hungarian Is Not Up Scratch But...

city nut

The article almost makes it sound like a done deal.

I asked my hungarian friend if he knew what it said, and he says "Yes, Of course. He is a hungarian football player and will play in england, bristol city."

Then I asked him what it specifically said about the transfer whether it was just a rumor or not and he said "yes, he has already been transferred, it is done deal"

From the sounds of it this is the type of deal that has the chances of being a real coup :P

x3: Do you know of this player?

H: yes, he is a very good player

H: he is a defender, and play in national team

x3: Maybe he will become a star in Bristol :)

H: sure enough :)

H: i am sure about it

Alright not the most exciting conversation in the world, but obviously this guy has heard of him and rates him highly enough :P

From the sounds of it this is the type of deal that has the chances of being a real coup :P

i agree mate, the only slight worry being that the saints didnt want him. but theres nothing to say that we weren't after him when he was on trial there and he may have just gone through the motions for them. I always rated the last hungarian ujpest captain we had so i'm hoping he will be of the same mould. He's only 23 also so thats another bonus.

If he's got a bit of pace and comfortable on the ground then it could be a great move.

I can't help have nagging doubts about our defence, great though they were last season. But in League 1 most teams pump it forward high in the air, and that's where the likes of McCombe are unbeatable.

We looked slightly less secure when, occasionally, teams kept it on the deck and ran at us - Cheltenham being one example.

Last time we went up we did so on the back of a sound defence, and assumed that meant we'd be OK in a higher division and it didn't work out that way - despite a 20 goal striker we still went back down. I think we're probably stronger this time anyway, and have more cover, in Keogh. But this lad sounds like class.

What does puzzle me on the original post's link - how come a Hungarian sports website has an ad for a landrover dealer in Reading (right hand column)??!!

What does puzzle me on the original post's link - how come a Hungarian sports website has an ad for a landrover dealer in Reading (right hand column)??!!

I don't see that ad. Perhaps its one of those ads that reads your IP before it loads and pulls up a somewhat regionalize ad before hand.

I always rated the last hungarian ujpest captain we had.

http://www.sebokvili.hu/

any chance of a bald Moldovan captain and a midget Danish keeper.

Soren Andersen - Ivan Sproule

Ade Akinbiyi - Lee Trundle

Tony Thorpe - Michael McIndoe

Carl Hutchings - Marvin Elliot

Vilmos Sebok - Vaskó Tamás

Bo Andersen - Stephan Henderson

Ivan Tistematanu - ???? Lee Carsley :dunno:

6ft 5 Hungarian centre half, 23, had trials at Southampton a couple of weeks back but they didn't pursue.

Not saying it isn't true but why centre half and why a giant when we have McCombe already for that?

A few reasons:

1.McCombes injury is worse than first thought and it wouldn't be the first time that's happened at City.

2.Someone is leaving, apart from Partridge.

3.GJ has concerns about our pace & quality down the centre.

4.Could all be BS of course.

Jamie McCombe has Shin Splints

last player i know to have shin splints was Keiron Dyer, took him about two year to gte over properly as he kept being rushed back.

I am sure Andy Cole had a problem with shin splints and missed a couple of months of the season when at Man U, usually takes quite a while to heel.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/health_and...ess/4284288.stm

Archived