IGNORED

Qpr Full House

glastonred

1hr 47 mins and the call was answered. Thanks for the offer anyway.

If you phoned the new national rate number 0871 222 6666 - it's 10p p.minute

The call cost you £10-70p with the club taking a profit of (up to) 6p per minute (It's volume related) so that's £6.42 profit for the club

source

http://www.telecomsworldplc.co.uk/0871-numbers.asp

so assuming you bought a £26 adult ticket it actually cost you 26 + 1.30 bkg fee + 1 postage + 10.70 = £39

Now maybe you can understand why it took them 1hr 47 mins to answer your call !!

The club earn £3.60 per hour (£6 cost to you) whilst you are kept hold.

Great isn't it - the club earn money twice over - everyone's a winner. Oh - except the fans of course, but that doesn't matter we're way down Sexstone's list of priorities.

This is one area that the club's supporters representatives should look at - but as I'm not a member of the Supporters Club I can't ask them and as they are "non political" they won't care. Maybe the ST would like to bring up this blatent profiteering at the next meeting with the club?

CodeRed

you think the new number rate of 10p/min, has anything to do with the time your waiting. ( i think city get 2p/min from this but i may be wrong )....

They should be getting something in the region of 4-5p/min out of that number. Probably more if they continue to take almost 2 hours to deal with calls!

(Ok, so CodeRed gave a far more complete answer while i was thinking about replying!)

I wouldn't mind so much if the club was using call revenue to offer a better service, but it does seem to be pure profiteering.

Perhaps someone can work out what the ticket offices actual number is so that we can bypass the 0871 number?!

Sorry chaps.. have i missed something here... being abroad and all I am not necessarily up to speed but in the past i have nearly always bought my tickets on-line... has this avenue been closed so as to up the profiteering on the new phone line??

Would appreciate if someone could answer that for me. Thanks.

Sorry chaps.. have i missed something here... being abroad and all I am not necessarily up to speed but in the past i have nearly always bought my tickets on-line... has this avenue been closed so as to up the profiteering on the new phone line??

Would appreciate if someone could answer that for me. Thanks.

No, online is available but still does not let you specify block, row and seat number. Until it does I will continue to try to phone, but on today's experience will probably just not bother.

The average will be about 1,500.

For every Wolves & WBA there's a Colchester, S****horpe or Burnley.

15,000 inc QPR = 2,000 + 9,200 ST + 4,800 POD.

I would think we may sell another 250/300 ST's next week but we'll need to shift 4,000 more POD to sell out so barring a really major swoop into the transfer market, it's unlikely we'll sell out.

For me, S****horpe will be a prime indicator of average support levels.

What are you talking about? It will probably be our lowest crowd of the season, regardless of how we fare in the first two matches!!

What are you talking about? It will probably be our lowest crowd of the season, regardless of how we fare in the first two matches!!

We have two issues:

1.If people can't get through on the phone that's shamefull particularly with the club making 2p per call.......or is t 2p per minute?

2.The point I was making is that S****horpe will indicate our core support (ie minus the glory hunters and hangers on.

3.In any event it looks like QPR will be far from a sell put and that's a disaster for the firts game in The CCC.

We have two issues:

1.If people can't get through on the phone that's shamefull particularly with the club making 2p per call.......or is t 2p per minute?

Possibly as much as 6p per minute.

2.The point I was making is that S****horpe will indicate our core support (ie minus the glory hunters and hangers on.

3.In any event it looks like QPR will be far from a sell put and that's a disaster for the firts game in The CCC.

Get some perspective. Last time we went up I went to my first game at AG in 5 years, we had spent millions on new strikers and it was all very exciting - the attendance was 13,729.

Possibly as much as 6p per minute.

Get some perspective. Last time we went up I went to my first game at AG in 5 years, we had spent millions on new strikers and it was all very exciting - the attendance was 13,729.

That was then and this is now-When we got promoted the The Old Div One it was almost 26,000 for the first game up!

Last game of last season we got 19,500 with 200 Rotherham fans & 7,600 ST's-- that's almost 12,000 POD's, where are they now?

We have two issues:

1) Totally agree. Anyone affected should write to Colin Sextone - we need to get as much ammunition as possible on this bloke!!

2) Agreed now. Core support indicator, not average support. But our core support figure would not change regardless of the average (yet!!).

3) Anything under 16,000 given the current popularity of football would be very disappointing.

Archived