IGNORED

The More I Think About It...

SimplyRed

I still can't get my head around why we signed Trundle.

It is apparent that he does not fit the accepted template that is known as 'The johnson player'.

The 'Johnson Player' is:

• A grafter that gives 100%
  • A team player
  • No ego
  • Match fit
  • Not in the twilight of his career
  • Carries out tactical instructions
  • Is not a threat or disruption in the dressing room
  • Is not a 'drinker or reveller'
  • Doesn't cost too much
For me, Trundle doesn't tick many of those boxes.

While no one doubts Trundle's undoubted talent and eye for goal, I can't help wondering whether this was an 'eccentric' signing by Johnson.

If it wasn't for the fact that Johnson's public persona would indicate that he does not tolerate tampering with team affairs by 'others', it would look like a 'publicity buy' by 'a.n.other'

Discuss...

It is apparent that he does not fit the accepted template that is known as 'The johnson player'.

The 'Johnson Player' is:

• A team player
  • No ego
  • Match fit
  • Doesn't cost too much

While no one doubts Trundle's undoubted talent and eye for goal, I can't help wondering whether this was an 'eccentric' signing by Johnson.

If it wasn't for the fact that Johnson's public persona would indicate that he does not tolerate tampering with team affairs by 'others', it would look like a 'publicity buy' by 'a.n.other'

Discuss...

TBH SR, feel the same.GJ must know something we don't?

Well happy the lad is playing for us mind you.

Reckon YESSSIR may have something to say about it all.... :innocent06:

The 'Johnson Player' is:

• A team player
  • No ego
  • Match fit
  • Doesn't cost too much

While no one doubts Trundle's undoubted talent and eye for goal, I can't help wondering whether this was

an 'eccentric' signing by Johnson.

Discuss...

OK discuss this....he has magical skill and scores 20 goals a season. End of. Clown.

Gary Johnson does tend to like good footballers with a lot of ability like Noble for example. He also was a big admirer of Junior Agogo tried to sign him for us and Yeovil so I'm told. I think he knows for a good team you need a mix of hard workers and players who are a bit special like Trundle.

Ah, but can he score 20 goals for us this season in this league, WITHOUT being as patronising as you are?

Who gives a flying frigg if he is as patronising as me (which he couldnt be admittedly)....he will be our new cult hero and do the business......show some faith - anyone who hasn't fitted in with GJ's plans either comes round to his way of thinking or does one.

Change the record and your name from SimplyRed to SimplyDumb.

Guest ashtonyate

The 'Johnson Player' is:

• A team player
  • No ego
  • Match fit
  • Doesn't cost too much

Discuss...

Easy he was a panic buy and possible the worst in the history of the Club, time will tell

Guest ashtonyate
Yet another ridiculous statement. LT clearly states in one of his interviews after signing that GJ had been trying to get him into the club for a while.

How long is a while, 10 minutes 10 hours 10 days 10 years or what

Easy he was a panic buy and possible the worst in the history of the Club, time will tell

Alternatively, if, as seems likely he scores heavily, ends up City's top scorer and helps to cement our place in the Championship, Trundle could be viewed as one of City's best ever signings.

Many club's envy us the signing of Trundle, we're going to be entertained, so let's enjoy him.

The only panic will be on the faces of the bamboozled defenders as Trundle tricks his way past them and sticks the ball in their net.

'Time will tell' indeed, but all the signs so far suggest we've every reason to be optimistic about Lee Trundle.

I sometimes wonder why you even bother to support the city! never seems to make you happy, never good word to say, why don't you just save your money, and put yourself out of the misery! (please, I am sure that there would be plenty of volunteers ready to help! please form a queue)

Guest ashtonyate
My only doubts are related to the fee and age. Trundle should have been in the Championship years ago, and if he had come through the normal channels would have been in the Prem. His problem, like Enoch, is that missing those early years means you miss some detail coaching. I am ok with Trundle, I trust GJ, and he has signed players this summer in all of the positions I would have done too. I think trundle on his own is nowhere near enough up front, we needed a major young talent like Naismith, Sharpe, McLeod etc (or a Lita.....) Trundle will shock a few teams this year, ourselves included !

Why do you trust Johnson he is a manager they come and go if they c**k it up they move on and leave the crap for the fans to suffer. Johnson got us out of the third division and deserve a certain amount of respect for that but all this he is god is crap he makes c**k ups like all managers do.

Your post about on his own up front is what I think without another hard running forward a long side him we will have a powder puff front line.

Why do you trust Johnson he is a manager they come and go if they c**k it up they move on and leave the crap for the fans to suffer. Johnson got us out of the third division and deserve a certain amount of respect for that but all this he is god is crap he makes c**k ups like all managers do.

Your post about on his own up front is what I think without another hard running forward a long side him we will have a powder puff front line.

sometimes wonder why you even bother to support the city! never seems to make you happy, never good word to say, why don't you just save your money, and put yourself out of the misery! (please, I am sure that there would be plenty of volunteers ready to help! please form a queue)

See Ashtonyate came out with his usual foolish reply, do yourself a favour get a girlfreiend. (could be hard)

My cousin is a Swansea supporter, he said that Lee will work wonders in the Chjampionship and is sorry to see him go.

At least he wasnt like Tinnion who was frightened to play in the higher divisions.

sometimes wonder why you even bother to support the city! never seems to make you happy, never good word to say, why don't you just save your money, and put yourself out of the misery! (please, I am sure that there would be plenty of volunteers ready to help! please form a queue)

Mossey I'm not sure I could put it better myself. I'm new to this forum, but certainly not new to City and our ups and downs. Yes we live in a democracy and have the right to free speech and all that.. But if all you can do is moan moan moan, then vote with your feet, if you're not happy not go.It is that simple.If you not trust Johnson, don't pay your money, don't watch his team and do something else.

It is the start of a new season, we have new signings, all of whom Johnson believes can do a job for us. If we trust him (and I do!!) then we get behind the team with positive comments and loud voices and believe that we can do this without your"beloved target man," but by playing good attractive football that excites the fans and wins us games (yes that is possible look at Manchester Utd). Johnson believes in playing football "the right way", so please get behind him or do something else as this negativity is getting me down!!!!!!

Guest ashtonyate

You say what you like, last season we were so poor up front and we are one week from the start of the season and we still have not got the position filled

we spent an indecent amount of money on a player who is one hell of a gamble.

Yet still look light weight up front i do not moan about all aspects of the club only the ones need addressing.

Guest ashtonyate
See Ashtonyate came out with his usual foolish reply, do yourself a favour get a girlfreiend. (could be hard)

My cousin is a Swansea supporter, he said that Lee will work wonders in the Chjampionship and is sorry to see him go.

At least he wasnt like Tinnion who was frightened to play in the higher divisions.

I would not mind a girlfriend don't think my wife would go much on it, your Swansea friend I bet he is glad of the money of course he feels like that but Swansea got one hell of a deal out of that I bet they were crying all the way to the bank.

You say what you like, last season we were so poor up front and we are one week from the start of the season and we still have not got the position filled

we spent an indecent amount of money on a player who is one hell of a gamble.

Yet still look light weight up front i do not moan about all aspects of the club only the ones need addressing.

But in your eyes EVERYTHING needs addressing, I have never seen you write anything positive in the two weeks or so I have been taking a look at this forum.

Please Loosen up and relax.... you might just enjoy yourself

I would not mind a girlfriend don't think my wife would go much on it, your Swansea friend I bet he is glad of the money of course he feels like that but Swansea got one hell of a deal out of that I bet they were crying all the way to the bank.

so your wife's now in bed, and you're sat in front of the computer, sums it up really!

The 'Johnson Player' is:

• A team player
  • No ego
  • Match fit
  • Doesn't cost too much

Discuss...

A couple of genuine questions for you, SR.

Putting any preconceptions you may have about LT to one side, which of those boxes does he not tick, for you? And what examples can you offer to back up your opinion?

Guest ashtonyate
But in your eyes EVERYTHING needs addressing, I have never seen you write anything positive in the two weeks or so I have been taking a look at this forum.

Please Loosen up and relax.... you might just enjoy yourself

That not true but how the hell can you fill confident if you don't and last season showed we had a problem up front and that has not been address yet. I think it will be the one to come back and haunt us

Archived