IGNORED

Gj's Hint About Midfielders?

Bristol Boy

After listening to GJ on world, I wouldn't be surprised to see Skuse & Elliott in the team, especially away from home.

Lot's of comments surrounding Elliott or Skuse-even Skuse leaving, but it could be that we play with two holding players away allowing LJ and the wide players to join in with the striker/s.

Dunno about 4-5-1.

Its City's first game - at home as well and I would expect Johnson to start with two up front.Trundle and Enoch or Jevons.

Possibly Wilson on the right wing as he can defend and get up and down very well with McIndoe on the left. Elliot and Johnson in the middle.

Back four of McAllister,Carey, Keogh and Orr.

Dunno about 4-5-1.

Its City's first game - at home as well and I would expect Johnson to start with two up front.Trundle and Enoch or Jevons.

Possibly Wilson on the right wing as he can defend and get up and down very well with McIndoe on the left. Elliot and Johnson in the middle.

Back four of McAllister,Carey, Keogh and Orr.

I'll be surprised if Murray & Vasak don't start-Could be Murray in the hole and Betsy/Wilson on the right if we try 4-4-1-1 but I really don't fancy that without Noble.

The only thing I feel our Pre-Season games have told us is that our defence doesn't look good much like the start of last season until McCombe played regularly and it all settled down.

I'll be surprised if Murray & Vasak don't start-Could be Murray in the hole and Betsy/Wilson on the right if we try 4-4-1-1 but I really don't fancy that without Noble.

The only thing I feel our Pre-Season games have told us is that our defence doesn't look good much like the start of last season until McCombe played regularly and it all settled down.

Murray in "the hole" would be a fine idea, he would drift wide and drop back into midfield, isnt scared to run at players, and i think would be very difficult to mark in that position.

Hope we don't go with 4-5-1 as it seems a negative formation in which to start the season at home,when we want to take the game to the opposition,especially a team like QPR who we are capable of taking advantage of. Surely we would have better attacking options if we played 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 with Murray or Johnson in the hole.

Hope we don't go with 4-5-1 as it seems a negative formation in which to start the season at home,when we want to take the game to the opposition,especially a team like QPR who we are capable of taking advantage of. Surely we would have better attacking options if we played 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 with Murray or Johnson in the hole.

Playing one up front isn't negative.

We played it last season and I don't think we lost when we did?

We also scored three against Rotherham & Carlisle with one up top.

With Noble out we don't have a player as well suited to playing the withdrawn role, so we could utilise Murray & McIndoe to join in with Trundle from wide areas and LJ & Russell to get past the ball with Elliott/Skuse sitting.

Above all it would make us more solid defensively and deny QPR space, time and the ball.What we don't want to happen is for City to go a goal or two behind early.

Archived