IGNORED

Henderson

Taz

After seeing the results with him in goal through pre-season, my first reaction was oh crap. Well I'm glad to say my gut feeling was completely wrong.

He kept us in the game with 3 or 4 terriffic saves, and never looked out of place. His kicking was also top drawer.

IF Basso is going to miss a game or 2, then on Hendersons second half performance, he'll be the man between the sticks.

After seeing the results with him in goal through pre-season, my first reaction was oh crap. Well I'm glad to say my gut feeling was completely wrong.

He kept us in the game with 3 or 4 terriffic saves, and never looked out of place. His kicking was also top drawer.

IF Basso is going to miss a game or 2, then on Hendersons second half performance, he'll be the man between the sticks.

Indeed. One save in particular, when he tipped the ball on to the underside of the bar was quite simply world-class.

Maybe morek, johnson said on radio Bristol after the game he had ligaments trouble in his chest so maybe longer.

He said weale maybe called back tomorrow or Monday morning

BRAVO Stephen Henderson!

I have no idea how we only conceded 2 in that game, so he deserves to be commended on that account, and he also deserves recognition for the save he made where he dived out to block the ball. The attacker twisted past Macca, he turned past Fontain, I put my head in my hands and time stood still just for a second.... then he pounced out of his goal quicker than Ivan Sproule and blocked it, a really top notch save in my opinion, I can see him over-taking Weale as Bristol city's next first team keeper

Let's hope that my enthusiasm can be kept up against Blackpool ey?

He was being pulled and dragged to the ground by the bloke who headed it back across goal! That shouldve been a foul in its own right!

He's 6ft 5 and 15 stone. He should have at least put a challenge in and preferably got his head to that ball. If he's going to let someone half his size pull him around inside our 6yard box we'd be better off with him on the half way line waiting for a break and keeping one extra opponent back.

I thought Henderson did very well for such a young player. He had one dicey moment with a cross but he pulled off two great saves and kicked very well.

He's 6ft 5 and 15 stone. He should have at least put a challenge in and preferably got his head to that ball. If he's going to let someone half his size pull him around inside our 6yard box we'd be better off with him on the half way line waiting for a break and keeping one extra opponent back.

I thought Henderson did very well for such a young player. He had one dicey moment with a cross but he pulled off two great saves and kicked very well.

How can he put a challenge in when someone who is roughly the same size as him is all over his shoulders stopping him from jumping?! don't know if that's ever happened to you in a game but i can tell you its just a tad hard to jump with someone all over your shoulders.

How can he put a challenge in when someone who is roughly the same size as him is all over his shoulders stopping him from jumping?! don't know if that's ever happened to you in a game but i can tell you its just a tad hard to jump with someone all over your shoulders.

How do you ever win a header then?

Perhaps he should have simply not let anyone get all over his shoulders. Why wasn't he in the air before Nygaard?

completely agree! if basso doesent make it for brentford game, surely henderson has done enough to earn a second appearence.

Ummm I think Nygaard is actually taller than Enoch....

Having said that, I didnt see him commit a foul, he was just slow reacting to Nygaards run.

Back on topic, thought Henderson looked a bit dodgy at crosses however his shot stopping was good when needed. Think he will soon become a quality keeper and will most definately return to the premiership.

Having said that, I didnt see him commit a foul, he was just slow reacting to Nygaards run.

Back on topic, thought Henderson looked a bit dodgy at crosses however his shot stopping was good when needed. Think he will soon become a quality keeper and will most definately return to the premiership.

Henderson looked a bit dodgy on crosses and corners but it is still his league debut so he's going to improve. his shot stopping and kicking were excellent.

About the 2nd goal, where were you sat and what sort of view did you have of it?

Because he was never given the chance to be cos Nygaard was all over the back of him.

See the earlier post. If you're going to let people climb all over you you won't win a header. He's got enough strength to overcome that sort of grappling, he doesn't seem to use it much. Refs aren't going to find it easy to give fouls like that committed against a player who's a giant so he has to deal with it.

Yeah I'd thought at first it was a different player. Nygaard is the same height and a bit lighter.

The thing for me is that if you're going to be in your own box for a set piece you should know what to expect and at the very least put a challenge in. That header was unchallenged.

In general I don't think Enoch should be defending set pieces, he should be ready to break which would keep an extra man back (not going to happen in the dying seconds though obviously).

See the earlier post. If you're going to let people climb all over you you won't win a header. He's got enough strength to overcome that sort of grappling, he doesn't seem to use it much. Refs aren't going to find it easy to give fouls like that committed against a player who's a giant so he has to deal with it.

Yeah I'd thought at first it was a different player. Nygaard is the same height and a bit lighter.

The thing for me is that if you're going to be in your own box for a set piece you should know what to expect and at the very least put a challenge in. That header was unchallenged.

In general I don't think Enoch should be defending set pieces, he should be ready to break which would keep an extra man back (not going to happen in the dying seconds though obviously).

Its not that he let him its just he couldnt do anything when Nygaard started. Granted he couldve been a bit stronger but the bloke was still all over Enoch's back and shoulders and using him for leverage. Which is a free kick.

Its not that he let him its just he couldnt do anything when Nygaard started. Granted he couldve been a bit stronger but the bloke was still all over Enoch's back and shoulders and using him for leverage. Which is a free kick.

You're telling me that someone Enoch's size and strength can't stop someone climbing on him and then can't put in a challenge because he has an arm on his back? Completely disagree.

If he was in the air early enough he couldn't be climbed on could he?

The ref is never going to give a foul in that situation with the ball in the net when the linesman doesn't flag.

You're telling me that someone Enoch's size and strength can't stop someone climbing on him and then can't put in a challenge because he has an arm on his back? Completely disagree.

If he was in the air early enough he couldn't be climbed on could he?

The ref is never going to give a foul in that situation with the ball in the net when the linesman doesn't flag.

What view did you have of it? Where were you looking at it from? The ref had a perfectly good view of it to see that it was a foul.

What view did you have of it? Where were you looking at it from? The ref had a perfectly good view of it to see that it was a foul.

I saw it from the Dolman and twice since on the highlights.

I agree the ref had a good view. He didn't give the foul. He wasn't ever going to in those circumstances.

Someone climbing on you is a poor excuse for not challenging regardless of if you're being fouled or not for the reasons I've already given.

I saw it from the Dolman and twice since on the highlights.

I agree the ref had a good view. He didn't give the foul. He wasn't ever going to in those circumstances.

Someone climbing on you is a poor excuse for not challenging regardless of if you're being fouled or not for the reasons I've already given.

So you wouldve been looking through about 15 players as opposed to seeing it as the 2 players directly in front of where you were sat then? If you wouldve had the view of it that i did then you would be saying the same as me.

Henderson looked a bit dodgy on crosses and corners but it is still his league debut so he's going to improve. his shot stopping and kicking were excellent.

About the 2nd goal, where were you sat and what sort of view did you have of it?

Williams Block L, so basically in line with it and on the back post from the original cross. It may be that I just don't remmeber him being fouled as I didnt think to myself, "hang on thats a foul". Probably wrong though!

So you wouldve been looking through about 15 players as opposed to seeing it as the 2 players directly in front of where you were sat then? If you wouldve had the view of it that i did then you would be saying the same as me.

No, I saw it fairly clearly the first time but from a distance. When I saw the highlights I am sure the view was somewhat better than yours given it was in slow motion...

No, I saw it fairly clearly the first time but from a distance. When I saw the highlights I am sure the view was somewhat better than yours given it was in slow motion...

you were looking directly at the front of both players thought, only a side on view will show that it shouldve been a foul. My mate who was sat in the Dolman even said it was a foul.

you were looking directly at the front of both players thought, only a side on view will show that it shouldve been a foul. My mate who was sat in the Dolman even said it was a foul.

Jesus H Christ.

No, I wasn't looking front on. I was looking from D block Dolman so I had a view at an angle. It's entirely irrelevant anyway since I've seen the highlights.

I didn't say it wasn't a foul. I said the ref wasn't going to give it and that being fouled is a poor excuse.

And on the highlights it looked like a decision that could go either way and frequently does.

There is simply no excuse for not challenging for a header inside your own six yard box.

Jesus H Christ.

No, I wasn't looking front on. I was looking from D block Dolman so I had a view at an angle. It's entirely irrelevant anyway since I've seen the highlights.

I didn't say it wasn't a foul. I said the ref wasn't going to give it and that being fouled is a poor excuse.

And on the highlights it looked like a decision that could go either way and frequently does.

There is simply no excuse for not challenging for a header inside your own six yard box.

This is going to go back and forth so i think its best that we agree to disagree and respect each other's opinion. Let's just look ahead to the Blackpool game on saturday.

Exactly, any manager or coach would tell you if you cant win it, make it as difficult as possible for the opposition, i.e challenge for the ball, what happened with Enoch amounts to a free header for there player.

Archived