IGNORED

Enoch Showunmi....

MATT BCFC

Can anyone honestly say hes good enough for this league?

Hes a average league one striker. Yes he worked hard today but hes just not good enough, doesnt look like scoring. No awareness what so ever, poor touch, all left foot and always wants the ball to feet.

Would rather have Jevons upfront and I don't rate him either.

Trundle and Enoch cant play together. We need a striker who can run in behind. Serious lack of movement upfront today.

Don't mean to get on a players back but we really do need another striker. Enoch would get 5 at best if he played everygame this season.

Wants the ball to his feet! well what the hell is wrong with that!!!!! If he had poor touch then Trudle had elephant feet. He won most of the headers, held the ball up well and was closing their defence down well until like the others, he tired. To pick out Enoch is IMHO unfair, Trundle did little, got subbed, yet you pick on Enoch. If Trundle had any pace, he was given 4 to 5 openings by Enoch. I agree Enoch did not look like scoring, but to pick him out over Trundle baffles me, particularly when you say, quite correctly, that we needed someone to run in behind. That is why Murray came on up front. It depends on what style of game we have, but today we launched too many high balls. Yes we need another striker, who must have pace, something Trundle and Jevons are both missing.

Well firstly today we had two strikers who always wanted the ball to feet and werent prepared to run in behind which made us quite predictable and gave the midfielders less options when they had the ball.

Yes Trundle was quiet but he did produce a good chance for Mcindoe in the second half and also nearly scored with a piece of brillance. Trundle is also better at bringing other players into play into play.

Enoch did not produce any chances and never looked like scoring and the games ive seen at pre-season it was exatly the same. Its just head down running with him. He for me was the one player who clearly didnt look good enough today.

Last season he rarely impressed me he had a good run of form in christmas but that was it he also he was playing in the second best team in the league and still scored a poor amount (which is his best).

Surely Murray has a shout upfront with LT23 after todays finish AND pre season :dunno:

I totally agree Murray is the only other player goal hungry i think he'd do well up front with lee hes fit fast and can finish as good as anyone at the club, as for trudle the rest of the team kept him out of the game with the tactics the long ball is not his game hes called magic daps for a reason he likes the ball at his feet. Enoch is slow lazy and predictable and he just looks lost like he doesnt wanna be there, he should be dropped, especially after he was spouting off in his interview about how hes got a point to prove after being knocked back by them as a youth, i bet there devastated they never took him on after today!

Jase

I think people assume because enoch is big, they assume he'll be brilliant in the air. Enoch likes the ball into feet, and we lump it forward too often.

I think he did okay, but he was getting some abuse which was uncalled for.

Can anyone honestly say hes good enough for this league?

Hes a average league one striker. Yes he worked hard today but hes just not good enough, doesnt look like scoring. No awareness what so ever, poor touch, all left foot and always wants the ball to feet.

Would rather have Jevons upfront and I don't rate him either.

Trundle and Enoch cant play together. We need a striker who can run in behind. Serious lack of movement upfront today.

Don't mean to get on a players back but we really do need another striker. Enoch would get 5 at best if he played everygame this season.

I agree, he is an average League 1 player. I just wish Enoch would "punch his weight", but it strikes me after having watched him for a long time, he's not the bravest of players when it comes to challenging in the air which , with respect to other replies, IS a large part of any centre forwards game. Similarly, Jeavons cannot or will not challenge in the air. You cannot put bravery into a player, so I'm afraid Enoch and PJ will consistently disappoint us and fail us at this level. I just wonder what GJ is thinking - he has, after all, got at least 6 wingers on the books, if any of them get to the byeline and cross, we don't have a centre forward who will put in a meaningful challenge for the ball ( like Mick Harford did in his 1 season with us) Even " star striker" SB has a penchant for being keener to foul his marker than play the ball. Perhaps we will see Sproule play with LT up front when he comes back from suspension.

This forum really F?@k me off!!!! we play first game and people moaning already :grr::dunno: these things take time so chill!!!

May be 1st game and things do take time you could give enoch 20 years he wont improve! He has been playing below par for far too long. No-ones knocking the team the effort or the performance just enoch.

Bottom line - He is not good enough for bristol city.

May be 1st game and things do take time you could give enoch 20 years he wont improve! He has been playing below par for far too long. No-ones knocking the team the effort or the performance just enoch.

[/quot

If Enoch was to score a HAT TRICK next game you will forget all about this TOPIC!!!! :disapointed2se:

I don't rate Enoch either, but he was hardly supplied with great delivery was he? We were pretty poor overall in supply. Likewise I would rather see Jevons there, and likewise I don't rate him either.

Not sure about Murray up front, but I am sure he has to be accomodated in the side somehow. If that means playing him alongside, or more ideally just behind Trundle then it's worth a try I suppose

how any of you muppets can say that enoch doesn't put in enough effort is beyond me. the bloke gives 110% every game for us. I agree, he didn't look like scoring yesterday but to knock him for lack of effort is out of order. He'll always perform to his best and yes, he's not geled with trundle yet but then he's only played alongside him a couple of times. If after 5 games he's still not firing, that's the time to ask for him not to start games, but he'll always give us 100% and for that i think we should credit the bloke. not slate him after one below par performance. Where do you people get off? slating players that wear our shirt after one game in a new league, even though he ran his heart out and challenged for every ball. it's embarrassing for the rest of us that you associate yourselves with bristol city.

how any of you muppets can say that enoch doesn't put in enough effort is beyond me. the bloke gives 110% every game for us. I agree, he didn't look like scoring yesterday but to knock him for lack of effort is out of order.

He's either very lazy, or very stupid, or you watch the game without actually analysing anything.

Too often Enoch didnt do the fundamental basics of just looking down the line.

Schoolboy grassroots stuff, look down the line and stay onside. The amount of times he was caught offside was embarrasing, then the lazy jog back was remeniscant of Lee Peacock. Silly really because it takes him out of the game if we then attack.

Another comment about Enoch, when QPRs Nygaard came on I thought, god he's massive, but he was prob a bit shorter than Enoch. The difference was he used his height and strength to his advantage in a manner with authority, for a huge guy Showunmi rarely shows much aggression, which is a hinderance to us.

That's embarrassing.

He was good enough last season for BCFC. In fact he was a key player. We wouldn't be in this league but for his vital goals (off the top of my head) at home to Carlisle, and away at Crewe and Carlisle.

He already has a season of experience playing in the Championship in a successful Luton team, yet after one game for City in the league the self-proclaimed experts are already predicting that's he's doomed to fail.

I'd like to see City play to his strengths more. He needs the ball at his feet and preferably while he's facing goal. I'd also like to see him play on the shoulder of the last man a bit more so that LJ can play him through on goal more (like his goal at Carlisle last season).

I still think he can forge a partnership with Trundle. Enoch does have pace and I think they'll gel in time.

I don't believe some of these comments regards Enoch, such as he was rubbish last season. He was scoring goals last season that lead to our promotion. If he has as bad a season this time as he had last I for one will be more than pleased with his performance. As has been said we are 1 game into the campaign and all we fet is complaints about committment lets not forget that temperatures are more allied to cricket than football. Give the boys a break, give them time to settle and stop with the negatives so soon.

He's either very lazy, or very stupid, or you watch the game without actually analysing anything.

Too often Enoch didnt do the fundamental basics of just looking down the line.

Schoolboy grassroots stuff, look down the line and stay onside. The amount of times he was caught offside was embarrasing, then the lazy jog back was remeniscant of Lee Peacock. Silly really because it takes him out of the game if we then attack.

Another comment about Enoch, when QPRs Nygaard came on I thought, god he's massive, but he was prob a bit shorter than Enoch. The difference was he used his height and strength to his advantage in a manner with authority, for a huge guy Showunmi rarely shows much aggression, which is a hinderance to us.

i agree, it was ewocks fault we conceded the second but to say he's lazy is just plain wrong. As for not analysing the game, i'm sure you can understand that the main reasons he didn't make runs down the flank were generally due to the fact that he'd tracked back to support the midfield and wasn't in a position to make that type of run. We played with 2 up front, one was given free rain and almost no defensive responsibilities, the other was ewock who i imagine was told to fill in as the point of call between midfield and attack. therefore the outlet down the flanks was never really an option. we missed skuse yesterday although i thought elliot had an ok game, lj didn't control the midfield and we were out numbered on numerous occasions. this led to showumni dropping deep at times to bolster the midfield, the bloke can't be in two places at once. If trundle werre to make those runs into the wide channels, this would have left us isolated in attack, therefore we'd have been on the defensive much more often. the fact that enoch stayed central most of the game gave us different options in attack, rather than their defence having an easy day with nobody to mark.

he's a big bloke, so showing any sign of aggression will generally single him out as a bully and refs will pick up on that. so unless you want the bloke getting booked every week and missing half the season then i think it's a good thing he closes down but doesn't go over the top. It's a higher league with better quality defenders, one of the best was on show for qpr yesterday, give the lad a chance to bed in again.

how any of you muppets can say that enoch doesn't put in enough effort is beyond me. the bloke gives 110% every game for us. I agree, he didn't look like scoring yesterday but to knock him for lack of effort is out of order. He'll always perform to his best and yes, he's not geled with trundle yet but then he's only played alongside him a couple of times. If after 5 games he's still not firing, that's the time to ask for him not to start games, but he'll always give us 100% and for that i think we should credit the bloke. not slate him after one below par performance. Where do you people get off? slating players that wear our shirt after one game in a new league, even though he ran his heart out and challenged for every ball. it's embarrassing for the rest of us that you associate yourselves with bristol city.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

That's embarrassing.

He was good enough last season for BCFC. In fact he was a key player. We wouldn't be in this league but for his vital goals (off the top of my head) at home to Carlisle, and away at Crewe and Carlisle.

He already has a season of experience playing in the Championship in a successful Luton team, yet after one game for City in the league the self-proclaimed experts are already predicting that's he's doomed to fail.

I'd like to see City play to his strengths more. He needs the ball at his feet and preferably while he's facing goal. I'd also like to see him play on the shoulder of the last man a bit more so that LJ can play him through on goal more (like his goal at Carlisle last season).

I still think he can forge a partnership with Trundle. Enoch does have pace and I think they'll gel in time.

League one is his level. He played his part last season but I don't see how you can say he was a key player. Our defence was the main reason to our success, had we had Brooker fit all season and another good striker we would have walked the league.

He had an average return of goals last season in the second best team in the league we are defiantely not the second best team in this league and hes up against higher quality defenders. Hes not good enough end of we need another striker desperately or we will struggle.

Apart from Enoch I was pleased with the midfield yesterday and the defence was ok. We still have Mccombe, Noble, Sproule and Brooker to come back so there many postives just not too many upfront. Although I do feel Trundle would be a lot better playing alongside someone who has pace and plays on the last defender.

That's embarrassing.

What successful Luton team - they got rid of him cos he wasn't good enough and then got relegated for God's sake !

League one is his level. He played his part last season but I don't see how you can say he was a key player. Our defence was the main reason to our success, had we had Brooker fit all season and another good striker we would have walked the league.

He had an average return of goals last season in the second best team in the league we are defiantely not the second best team in this league and hes up against higher quality defenders. Hes not good enough end of we need another striker desperately or we will struggle.

Apart from Enoch I was pleased with the midfield yesterday and the defence was ok. We still have Mccombe, Noble, Sproule and Brooker to come back so there many postives just not too many upfront. Although I do feel Trundle would be a lot better playing alongside someone who has pace and plays on the last defender.

So you are judging Enoch on 1 game in the Championship well that says it all :disapointed2se::disapointed2se::disapointed2se:

I think the question you should be asking is, is Trundle good enough? because after todays performance he looked well out of his depth.

I can't believe people are judging Trundle after just one game, particularly after the terrible service he got yesterday. His weak points are lack of pace and not great in the air so what do we do? Pump loads of high balls at him or over the top for him to chase! Genious!! On the odd occasion he got the ball to feet he showed glimpses of what he's capable of, particularly with that turn and chip shot in the 2nd half.

As for Enoch - I thought he didn't do too badly yesterday, especially in the 1st half when along with Wilson he was one of our brighter attacking players. There is obvious room for improvement and he needs games with Trundle to develop some understanding, but I wouldn't write him off just yet.

Personally i don`t doubt Enochs effort. But i think the fact is that no matter how much effort you put into it, if your not good enough, your not good enough.

I only caught two of the pre-season games, FGR and Swindle, and PJ certainly seemed to be looking the better option and i had him as a nailed on certainty to start with LT, so i was a bit gobsmacked not to see him start. I`m sorry, i like ES, but i think their are shortcomings to his game and thats not going to do the job for us.

PDG

I think it will just take a little bit of time for the team to gel and once we have it will be a great team working well., i do think from some pre-season games that there is quite a good link up between jevons and trundle and that jevons plays better alongside trundle.

Wants the ball to his feet! well what the hell is wrong with that!!!!! If he had poor touch then Trudle had elephant feet. He won most of the headers, held the ball up well and was closing their defence down well until like the others, he tired. To pick out Enoch is IMHO unfair, Trundle did little, got subbed, yet you pick on Enoch. If Trundle had any pace, he was given 4 to 5 openings by Enoch. I agree Enoch did not look like scoring, but to pick him out over Trundle baffles me, particularly when you say, quite correctly, that we needed someone to run in behind. That is why Murray came on up front. It depends on what style of game we have, but today we launched too many high balls. Yes we need another striker, who must have pace, something Trundle and Jevons are both missing.

where I was sat I chose enoch to come off, lt was the better player , from what i saw pre season enoch would not have started

Enoch put in a good shift yesterday. He ran his balls off for the team which is why GJ persists with him.

He isn't going to score 10-15 goals in the Championship unless he gets nastier though. It's all good and well putting the effort in but strikers are ultimately judged on goals. Unless he gets nasty then I can't see it happening for him. For someone who's 6"5, he should be dominant in the air at any level.

Saying that though, it's unfair to jump on his back after one game because I thought he did more for the team than Trundle did but if the goals still aren't flowing for him in 7 or 8 games time then that's a more appropriate time to question his ability.

ONE BLOODY GAME, and look at yourselves! Come back in three or four more games and then you may well have a point. after 90 odd minutes in the FIRST game, and the bitching has already started! MAN I despair of some fans.

Archived