IGNORED

Enoch Showunmi....

MATT BCFC

ONE BLOODY GAME, and look at yourselves! Come back in three or four more games and then you may well have a point. after 90 odd minutes in the FIRST game, and the bitching has already started! MAN I despair of some fans.

This assessment has not been made over 1 game its been made over pre-season and last season aswell.

Also the fact that he has already failed at this level pretty much proves my point.

I think the question you should be asking is, is Trundle good enough? because after todays performance he looked well out of his depth.

trundle out of his depth?? what the f@@k??? funny how people say, Trundle was poor, yet it was widely agreed that the QPR centre half marking him Mancienne was the best player on the pitch by a mile, trundle had a quiet game quiet simply because he was bloody well marked by the him, thankfully though we won't come up against too many centre half's of his quality each week.

This assessment has not been made over 1 game its been made over pre-season and last season aswell.

Also the fact that he has already failed at this level pretty much proves my point.

Quite how do you work THAT one out? his time at Lu'on? When you have Steve Howard, your best striker availible you play him. The same one who is in the Prem with Derby C****y

Yeah, THATS failing at this level.

No mention of the lack of service from our midfield then?

Quite how do you work THAT one out? his time at Lu'on? When you have Steve Howard, your best striker availible you play him. The same one who is in the Prem with Derby C****y

If he was so good why do they get rid of him for free? And why did no one at championship level want him?

this assessment though is based on what? he had a good goal scoring season considering he spent the season in and out of the team due to various injury problems,

as for his previous time in this level? how do you define it as "failed" he played a large amount of the season for luton playing centre midfield in a fairly succesful season after their promotion, he then rejected their contract offer and left to join us and then helped fire us to promotion,

my assessment is based on things that have actually happened and not a very naive view

I don`t like knocking any player who wears the shirt and puts in as much effort as ES does. However, effort isn`t going to be enough. If it`s the case that he`s the best we`ve got, it still isn`t good enough. For a big guy he gets pushed off the ball a hell of a lot. For someone required to hold the ball up at times his first touch isn`t great. He might have a bit of pace when he gets going but his acceleration is poor.

Lets be honest, a lot of these critiscms were aired last season and they`re only going to be exagerated this season. A capable squad player, yes. An automatic starter, not in my opinion.

PDG

If he was so good why do they get rid of him for free? And why did no one at championship level want him?

He turned down the deal. fact. I work wi' enough Lu'on fans to know this.

I Beleive he turned down to championship clubs (Can someone confirm this, as I don't know for sure?)

And you aint answered my comment about playing your top striker, means anyone else (Enoch) dips out. Remember Wonderson, and Leapy?

Thats why Calvin Andrews came here to get first team football. I know his uncle, and know that Enoch was number two to Howard, but only played when Howard was suspended, banned or injured. Hence Calvin having that very brief spell here.

Surely Murray has a shout upfront with LT23 after todays finish AND pre season :dunno:

Someone posted on here a couple of weeks ago that perhaps Murray could be the nippy little forward we have been seeking and they got flamed for it. I thought at the time it was a decent shout and after yesterday I think even more so. Murray looked a threat from his first touch and his goal, like the one v Middlesboro proved he can finish. I would be very interested to see if we could do a 4-4-2 at home with Murray and Trundle and a 4-5-1 away from home with Noble 'in the hole' behind Trundle.

Someone posted on here a couple of weeks ago that perhaps Murray could be the nippy little forward we have been seeking and they got flamed for it. I thought at the time it was a decent shout and after yesterday I think even more so. Murray looked a threat from his first touch and his goal, like the one v Middlesboro proved he can finish. I would be very interested to see if we could do a 4-4-2 at home with Murray and Trundle and a 4-5-1 away from home with Noble 'in the hole' behind Trundle.

personally I'm expect to see Sproule playing that role as he is without doubt a pacy player with a scoring ability, Murray is going to play a key part in this season, however I think he will be a sub more games than he will start,

do agree though, that Murray is one of the best finishers at the club without doubt.

how any of you muppets can say that enoch doesn't put in enough effort is beyond me. the bloke gives 110% every game for us. I agree, he didn't look like scoring yesterday but to knock him for lack of effort is out of order. He'll always perform to his best and yes, he's not geled with trundle yet but then he's only played alongside him a couple of times. If after 5 games he's still not firing, that's the time to ask for him not to start games, but he'll always give us 100% and for that i think we should credit the bloke. not slate him after one below par performance. Where do you people get off? slating players that wear our shirt after one game in a new league, even though he ran his heart out and challenged for every ball. it's embarrassing for the rest of us that you associate yourselves with bristol city.

hear hear agree entirly

IMHO, I thought he was pretty poor against us! Fair Play ... he huffed and puffed a lot, but I can't see him stepping up. He couldn't cope with a Div 2 side!

in fairness..........everyone was poor against your lot, can't think of any decent performances to mention at all from those 2 games from any of our players, not an excuse,

both in both legs we were.......well..........shit! thankfully that promotion thing happened

Same opinion works hard last season got us goals,but you have to have a bit more in this division,he hardly wins a ball in the air for his hieght,and control needs to better in this league,we are waisting Trundle with him,Trundle could set up loads of chances with the right forward I also feel Murrays experience and eager for goals is the best partnership for Trundle

This forum really F?@k me off!!!! we play first game and people moaning already :grr::dunno: these things take time so chill!!!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhggggggrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhh

finally someone makes a decent point! nothing wrong with having opinions but lets give our team some time to settle before making so many bad judgments. :bruce_h4h:

personally I'm expect to see Sproule playing that role as he is without doubt a pacy player with a scoring ability, Murray is going to play a key part in this season, however I think he will be a sub more games than he will start,

do agree though, that Murray is one of the best finishers at the club without doubt.

I think Sproule is a good call, he very quick and can finish. Why not give him a try!

How many times have clubs brought in players and tried them in a new position....case in point Henry for Arsenal who was originally signed as a winger!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhggggggrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhh

finally someone makes a decent point! nothing wrong with having opinions but lets give our team some time to settle before making so many bad judgments. :bruce_h4h:

:clapping:

The joys of being a city fan, we would win the Whingers League hands down!! Look at Leeds fans, supporting the side through thick and thin and singing "Only 12 more points to zero" :clapping:

Be happy, there is a learning curve albeit small but bigger teams in the league got a hammering on the opening day :icecream:

Unless he gets nasty then I can't see it happening for him. For someone who's 6"5, he should be dominant in the air at any level.

I know what you mean, but on the days I have seen him winning the ball, the opponant goes to ground, and the referee invariably tends to blow against him.

Always a problem for any big striker - ask Heskey or Crouch

Same opinion works hard last season got us goals,but you have to have a bit more in this division,he hardly wins a ball in the air for his hieght,and control needs to better in this league,we are waisting Trundle with him,Trundle could set up loads of chances with the right forward I also feel Murrays experience and eager for goals is the best partnership for Trundle

ummmmmm, who set up the first goal on saturday........Enoch

Both Trundle & Showunmi had below par games on Saturday.

IMHO they don't look like a partnership as both lack pace and, in that respect are similar.They are also both left sided.

ES, like Vasko, doesn't utilise his height & power-Neither player seems aggressive enough.

Saturday convinced me that we need a pacey, quality striker to partner LT (Let'd face it GJ won't leave LT out in a hurry)

If we don't sign that player, let's go with one up top and utilise the quality we have in Murray, McIndoe, Sproule, Noble & Wilson-Dare I say Brooker could be the missing partner, although he's not the quickest, he is strong and right sided so could complement Trundle in the same way that Fallon complemented him at Swansea??

He turned down the deal. fact. I work wi' enough Lu'on fans to know this.

I Beleive he turned down to championship clubs (Can someone confirm this, as I don't know for sure?)

And you aint answered my comment about playing your top striker, means anyone else (Enoch) dips out. Remember Wonderson, and Leapy?

Thats why Calvin Andrews came here to get first team football. I know his uncle, and know that Enoch was number two to Howard, but only played when Howard was suspended, banned or injured. Hence Calvin having that very brief spell here.

That's funny Bucks - I work with Calvin's sister! How big a family has the lad got???????

Lets face it, there is no use appealing or reasoning to some of the posters on here because it won't make any difference. Case and point, I heard quite explicitly when Trundle was taken off and Murray brought on up front, sections of the Williams were shouting 'what a load of rubbish', ten minutes later they fell silent. Wonder why? Prejudging at its best. :disapointed2se: At the end of the day, the only way Enoch, Jevons can prove people wrong is on the pitch. Difference is theres a fine line between people who have doubts about a player, but will encourage him to improve, compared to people who have doubts about a player and don't care what they do to change and get better, put simply they will always find fault, which a few statements on here have proved.

To doubt either Showumni, jevons etc effect on the team last year is ridiculous. Take out their goals = no promotion. To base an opinion on one game, where our strikers did have poor service, where a team is adapting to a new league, pace, style of play. Then it really does not bode well for the season, cause the way I see it, we are one point closer to survival, and i'll take that.

how any of you muppets can say that enoch doesn't put in enough effort is beyond me. the bloke gives 110% every game for us. I agree, he didn't look like scoring yesterday but to knock him for lack of effort is out of order. He'll always perform to his best and yes, he's not geled with trundle yet but then he's only played alongside him a couple of times. If after 5 games he's still not firing, that's the time to ask for him not to start games, but he'll always give us 100% and for that i think we should credit the bloke. not slate him after one below par performance. Where do you people get off? slating players that wear our shirt after one game in a new league, even though he ran his heart out and challenged for every ball. it's embarrassing for the rest of us that you associate yourselves with bristol city.

Well said.

That said Enoch definitely cant head the ball, at all. and the midfield couldnt impose themselves enough to get balls into eithr Enoch, or Lee T

If we aren't going to recruit a decent striker, and I pray to God we don't if it's Byfield, then the only man to partner Trunds is Sproule when the ban is over.

A fully fit Brooker would be a good foil as well but whether we ever see that again remains to be seen.

Archived