IGNORED

John Gregorys Comments

GeoTheCiderHead

As taken from BBC Football's website:

QPR manager John Gregory:

"This was a fixture I didn't really want first game of the season.

"You try and avoid the clubs that have just been promoted. So my boys really did fantastically well. At times we outplayed them.

"Had it not been for one or two very good saves by the goalkeeper in the second half we should have won by two or possibly three clear goals."

"You try and avoid the clubs that have just been promoted. So my boys really did fantastically well. At times we outplayed them.

"Had it not been for one or two very good saves by the goalkeeper in the second half we should have won by two or possibly three clear goals."

oops ! -

John Gregory ?

Have to say they played some good football second half, and if u take into account the shots that hit the bar maybe they should have edged it. Thought their defence was fantastic, especially the kid from Chelsea, Marcienne i think. Even more testament to our lads who held on under great pressure at times, just a shame that didn't continue in the minute after we scored :unsure:

All said though, we can't really complain as it was a learning curve for all of them. Playing at a higher pace, level, they did us proud. hopefully they will learn from today, and bring in more 'on the deck' football, cos trundle and showumni just couldn't cope with the high balls to them.

think he is spot on

I thought that was a reasonable summation of the game, to be honest. They could quite easily have beaten us by that margin.

Thought a draw was about fair, until we let the come onto us in the second half they wern't really getting anywhere, in the first half when they had their spell for about 20 minutes they had a lot of possesion they wern't really doing anything with it, but i thought in the second half we sat back too much and especially with the what i thought rather strange decision to completely unbalance the midfield by switching Mcindoe and Wilson (who i thought was especially good in the first half) i thought after that we had no outlet when under pressure so were just inviting it onto us.

They had good chances in the second and were unlucky not to get at least 1 more goal, so a win for us would have been harsh on QPR, but i thought our first half performance meant we just about deserved the point.

If we'd played in the same way as we did in the first half i think the game would have been more than there for the taking.

don't like john gregory.

the things he did during the game like throwing the ball on to the pitch, having

a chat to the fourth offical and having a chat to the ref at half time , shouldn't be allowed.

i thought you couldn't talk to refs until after the game.

if this is what is going to happen this season , then we will have to look out for neil warnock!

Yep, allow me to add my voice to those who see that as a pretty fair summary of the game from a visiting team's point of view. They'll think they should have won, having hit the woodwork twice and with Rowlands doing everything he could not to score a sitter, and we'll think we should have won because we were twice ahead and threw it away within seconds each time.

He's not dissing our club, so fair enough I say. Pretty much what you'd expect him to say.

The man is contriversial to say the least. You should have heard him swear when they missed the goal. The stewards did nothing, but usher him away, as a fan down in the front was quite rightly complaining about it. The chap in front of me had to explain to his two young lads what was said and that how they should not repeat what they had heard. I know if you bring your kids to football matches that it is all part and parcel of the game, but this guy should really button it and show an example. Question is why should fans be marched out the ground for swearing when the players and manager do it all the time?

Anyway enough of my rant, enjoyed the game and good result. Thought we were equal to them in many respects. It was good to be back in my comfy seat. Roll on Brentford, Blackpool and S****horpe. Ho Hum. x

The man is controversial to say the least. You should have heard him swear when they missed the goal. The stewards did nothing, but usher him away, as a fan down in the front was quite rightly complaining about it. The chap in front of me had to explain to his two young lads what was said and that how they should not repeat what they had heard. I know if you bring your kids to football matches that it is all part and parcel of the game, but this guy should really button it and show an example. Question is why should fans be marched out the ground for swearing when the players and manager do it all the time?

Anyway enough of my rant, enjoyed the game and good result. Thought we were equal to them in many respects. It was good to be back in my comfy seat. Roll on Brentford, Blackpool and S****horpe. Ho Hum. x

Don't see how hitting the woodwork twice means you deserve to win. The goal is a certain size. If it don't go in, it aint a goal. Might as well put it wide.

And the keeper is there to keep it out, so therefore, unless you beat him, it aint a goal.

We scored two and so did they. So a draw was a fair result

The man is controversial to say the least. You should have heard him swear when they missed the goal. The stewards did nothing, but usher him away, as a fan down in the front was quite rightly complaining about it. The chap in front of me had to explain to his two young lads what was said and that how they should not repeat what they had heard. I know if you bring your kids to football matches that it is all part and parcel of the game, but this guy should really button it and show an example. Question is why should fans be marched out the ground for swearing when the players and manager do it all the time?

For pity's sake. If you don't want to hear a grown man in charge of 16 alpha males swear then go and sit a further few rows back or better still, IN THE FAMILY SECTION on the opposite side of the pitch. The bloke could lose his job based on what some thick t0$$p0t failing to carry out his instructions does out on the pitch and you don't expect him to give it some verbals now and again? It's just as well you didn't play for a couple of the managers I did - you would have been in floods of tears after twenty minutes.

Nothing Gregory said was controversial in the slightest. He said it as he saw it FROM HIS POINT OF VIEW. I felt it was a game of two halves. With more cutting edge we could have been out of site within half an hour but QPR came back into the game and were the better side second half.

Fair enough John, Fail to mention how we also hit the woodwork, how we had them back defending for the first half apart from sporadic counter-attacks, how the game was very enjoyable and the draw was obviously a fair result

Apart from that he gives a very unbiased account of the game

tosspot

Don't see how hitting the woodwork twice means you deserve to win. The goal is a certain size. If it don't go in, it aint a goal. Might as well put it wide.

And the keeper is there to keep it out, so therefore, unless you beat him, it aint a goal.

We scored two and so did they. So a draw was a fair result

I wish journalists would put it so sublimely.

Gregory's socks were the business... surely going to set a new trend now in Hammersmith. :noexpression:

don't like john gregory.

the things he did during the game like throwing the ball on to the pitch, having

a chat to the fourth offical and having a chat to the ref at half time , shouldn't be allowed.

i thought you couldn't talk to refs until after the game.

if this is what is going to happen this season , then we will have to look out for neil warnock!

Neil Warnock is no longer manager of Sheff Utd!

Archived