IGNORED

Water Not Allowed

dezgimed

Was very dissapointed with the stewarding at the turnstyles..

My little bother tried to walk in with a 2ltre bottle of water, as it was a tad hot today.

Was shocked to find some female steward snatched it off him saying ''No large bottles of water allowed''.

So had to buy a small, sorry, minature bottle for £1.70!! With no lid!

What exactly is that all about? Profit making only or what???

Pi55ed off not to say the least!

:disapointed2se:

My little bother tried to walk in with a 2ltre bottle of water, as it was a tad hot today.

Was shocked to find some female steward snatched it off him saying ''No large bottles of water allowed''.

So you don't use the bottle as a missile :noexpression: put the top in your pocket!

Guest ashtonyate

Did any one notice during a stoppage a Q P R player throwing a bottle of water hitting the fourth official he had a right go at The Q P R manager.

I don't know about the water situation, though it doesn't surprise me in the least.

At half time I was queing up for a leg, when a steward screamed up to a bloke, standing on his own away from everyone down the steps by the gate, to put his fag out as it was a non smoking stadium.

Then he ran around, and up the stairs like someone was being raped, or something !

The only person he was a danger to, was himself.

It's getting like Nazi Germany in this country, with the braindead jobsworths thriving on every pathetic little piece of red tape, they can over enthuse their laughable authority.

This country now, I'm afraid to say, is beyond a joke, with the blame culture that prevails, and peolpe unable to think on their feet, and use a simplistic thing called common sense. :disapointed2se:

Ditto. A steward would not let my 3yo lad take in his 1ltr water bottle, which was three-quarters empty. Instead, the steward helpfully picked up a smaller, used bottle that he found discarded on the ground after scrabbling by the turnstyle, and made me pour the water from my lad's own hygienic bottle to someone else's unhygienic finished one before allowing him into the ground. Lovely. Fortunately, he could see no potential violent in a packet of Chocolate Buttons or a packet of Maltesers, so they entered the ground unscathed. It's a shame there's apparently no room for common sense these days, but as the steward repeatedly reminded me as he held the dirty bottle while I poured RedTopJnr's water into it, "Them's the rules."

Ditto. A steward would not let my 3yo lad take in his 1ltr water bottle, which was three-quarters empty. Instead, the steward helpfully picked up a smaller, used bottle that he found discarded on the ground after scrabbling by the turnstyle, and made me pour the water from my lad's own hygienic bottle to someone else's unhygienic finished one before allowing him into the ground. Lovely. Fortunately, he could see no potential violent in a packet of Chocolate Buttons or a packet of Maltesers, so they entered the ground unscathed. It's a shame there's apparently no room for common sense these days, but as the steward repeatedly reminded me as he held the dirty bottle while I poured RedTopJnr's water into it, "Them's the rules."

He made you pour it into a dirty bottle that was on the ground??? That is disgusting and he needs sacking for that! what a plank.

• SC&T Board Members

The club clearly hadn't told the stewards that it recommended fans in the Dolman bring along water with them on the official site - with no reference to maximum bottle size! Sounds like a case of left hand and right hand not talking!

He made you pour it into a dirty bottle that was on the ground??? That is disgusting and he needs sacking for that! what a plank.

The irony is that he was trying to help. Tipping it into someone else's smaller used bottle from the floor was the only way he could think of letting my lad in with his water, since allowing him in with a nearly-finished litre bottle was not an option as "If I did it for him, I'd have to do it for everyone."

Obviously, if I'd known before there was a size limit I'd have stuck to it, but I didn't. Faced with the option of having to queue for ages inside for a replacement, I relented and let the steward do it. Just don't tell MrsRedTop!

The official site actually advised fans in the Dolman to bring water - there was no reference to bottle size:

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1088322,00.html

As I entered the ground people with the 2 litre bottles were having them confiscated. I took this up with a steward who told me that they could be used as missiles. Next they'll be asking us to remove our shoelaces because they could be used to strangle somebody. It might happen.

Still, at least its an improvement on a couple of seasons ago, when on a swelteringly hot day all bottle sizes were confiscated. There were massive piles of them outside the turnstiles. The club recognized this season the stupidity of that ruling, but it makes you wonder what goes on in the heads of the people dreaming up such idiotic rules in the first place.

Did any one notice during a stoppage a Q P R player throwing a bottle of water hitting the fourth official he had a right go at The Q P R manager.

I noticed that from where i was sat in the EE, pity the rest off the officals didn't have a similar bang to the head before the match kicked off!

Also did anyone else hear the chants off "clean the puke up" after some young lad who had obviously had one shandy to many

decided to throw up all over the steps in the EE !! :drunk2:

Sounds OTT to prevent people taking adequate amounts of their own water into ground on a hot day or any day for that matter- unless they agree to buy small official supplies at extortionate prices... why must everything within the club be exploited for max profits?... booze etc in the bars fair enough, but it would be a nice inexpensive gesture by the Club/Lindleys to its supporters/customers if little (but important) things like water could be supplied/available at cost price. Why Not?

Can kind of see the 'risk' of a small minority of idiots who may think its big/clever to use bottles as missiles to toss at rival fans but with 'RobboCops' & stewards (monitoring swearing, or a quick smoke around the back..etc) everywhere if that were to happen surely it could be pounced on quickly & dealt with.

Was water restrictions just imposed in areas where rival fans were in close proximity to each other (which would kind of make sense) or generally throughout the stadium (which would not) ?

I almost had the same problem, i had a carrier bag with 2 small bottles of Pepsi, the young Steward on the Atyeo was'nt going to let me take them in, so he asked a female Steward if this was okay she did'nt have a problem with this at all

I was even allowed to keep the bottle tops on, but i might not be so lucky next time, i cannot see the point of stopping us take our own drinks into the ground i ain't going to throw it at anyone i would have to be Geoff Capes if i could throw it from the back of the Atyeo :disapointed2se:

I will not pay £1.40 what ever it is now for a drink in the ground and for them to remove the top as well, come on City use common sense it was stiffling yesterday.

I brought two drinks bottles into Ashton Gate for our recent friendly with you. There isn't much in the way of drinks that my sons like so I brought my own and secreted them in their coat pockets ( they carried their coats, it was b**** hot that day too ).

It's the same at Yeovil although when we're in and they want a drink, the stewards have never yet confiscated them. Barmy rules though.

OK - can someone please tell me

1) has a water bottle EVER been thrown onto the pitch

2) has a water bottle ever been thrown at rival fans (it would have to be one hell-of-a-throw for a bottle to be thrown from the Atyeo 100 metres to the Wedlocks!!!)

3) has anyone ever been injured at AG by a water bottle

No -of course not, so who exactly thinks up this stupidity?

I have heard of coins being thrown (at some grounds) and I believe a mobile phone was thrown at a Premier Ground once, and at Cardiff they threw crisp packets full of urine at us - so why don't they confiscate my money and phone? - and stop selling crisps? - and close the toilets as well?

And I have a voice - that could be used to swear - so maybe I should be gagged on entering Ashton Gate - and handcuffed for good measure (in case I use my arme to gesture).

Yeah - thats it : handcuff and gag everyone, don't allow them food or water & charge them £30 - no more risk of "trouble" H&S happy - end of.

OK - can someone please tell me

1) has a water bottle EVER been thrown onto the pitch

TBH I don't really remember anything being thrown on to our pitch.

2) has a water bottle ever been thrown at rival fans (it would have to be one hell-of-a-throw for a bottle to be thrown from the Atyeo 100 metres to the Wedlocks!!!)Well the club obviously seem to think we could all throw that far.

3) has anyone ever been injured at AG by a water bottle

No -of course not, so who exactly thinks up this stupidity?

Some over paid banker who has nothing better to do than make these stupid rules up

I have heard of coins being thrown (at some grounds) and I believe a mobile phone was thrown at a Premier Ground once, and at Cardiff they threw crisp packets full of urine at us - so why don't they confiscate my money and phone? - and stop selling crisps? - and close the toilets as well?

Funny that they don't confiscate our money, Wonder why that could be. Yesterday in the EE I had bottles, Sunglasses and coins all thrown at me by the QPR fans' and had to duck for shelter, When I questioned the police about why that was allowed but swearing wasn't I was told to shut up. One copper even swore at us during the game and another even had a bottle of water with a lid on. Double standards there me thinks.

And I have a voice - that could be used to swear - so maybe I should be gagged on entering Ashton Gate - and handcuffed for good measure (in case I use my arme to gesture). Ah but then you could use the handcuffs as an offensive weapon. And if we were handcuffed how could we take money out of our pockets to buy over priced goods? What we really need is a list of things we can and can't do published on the official site. I'm certain the can't do list will be much much longer than the can do list.

Yeah - thats it : handcuff and gag everyone, don't allow them food or water & charge them £30 - no more risk of "trouble" H&S happy - end of.

Do that and the the club will then just think up even more stupid rules. But I'm not so sure it is the club(although I wouldn't be surprised) Maybe it's just some power mad stewards. When some of them have them coats on the power just rushes to there heads.

Although I understand the Supporters Trust is voluntary and the volunteers work etc, They should take matters that arose on Saturday up with the club asap and find out what is acceptable and not acceptable by the next home game if at all possible.

Who preps the stewards matchday? whoever it is wants sacking then slapping.

I would not have stood for this under normal cursumstances, its a human right infringement, but i would prolly shut my gob as watching the footy is more important than trying to reason with the unreasonable who are on a power trip.

The stewards are not consistent at AG - On saturday a female steward looked in my friends handbag, I was right behind with a carrier bag (containing water, my programme and a jacket) and my handbag yet she did not ask me to let her see what I had inside my bags. Surely I could get something in that is more dangerous in my carrier than my Friend could in her handbag.

I must have an innocent looking face! :innocent06:

Archived